- The report contains detailed information about Albemarle Corp. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Albemarle Corp.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Albemarle Corp. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Albemarle Corp. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Albemarle Corp. business.
About Albemarle Corp.
Albemarle Corporation engages in the development, manufacture, and marketing of specialty chemicals for consumer electronics, petroleum refining, utilities, packaging, construction, automotive/transportation, pharmaceuticals, crop protection, food-safety and custom chemistry services. The company operates through its offices located in North and South America, Europe, the Middle East, and Asia.
The company conducts its operations through three segments: Polymer Solutions, Catalysts and Fine Chemicals.
Polymer Solutions segment consists of two product market categories: flame retardants and stabilizers and curatives.
Flame Retardants: The company's flame retardants help materials in various finished products meet fire-safety requirements. The products that benefit from the company's flame retardants include plastic enclosures for consumer electronics, printed circuit boards, wire and cable, electrical connectors, foam insulation, foam seating in furniture, and automobiles and textiles. The company's brominated flame retardants include products, such as Saytex and Pyro-Chek, its mineral-based flame retardants include products such as Martinal and Magnifin and its phosphorus-based flame retardants include products, such as Antiblaze and Ncendx.
Stabilizers and Curatives: The company produces plastic and other additives, such as curatives, antioxidants and stabilizers, which are often specially developed and formulated for a customers specific manufacturing requirements. The company's plastic additives products include curatives for polyurethane and epoxy system polymerization, as well as for ultraviolet curing of various inks and coatings. This business also produces antioxidants and stabilizers to improve the performance integrity of thermoplastic resins.
The company's Ethacure curatives are used in cast elastomers, coatings, reaction injection molding (RIM) and specialty adhesives that are incorporated into products such as wheels, tires and rollers. The company's line of Ethanox antioxidants is used by manufacturers of polyolefins to maintain physical properties during the manufacturing process, including the color of the final product. These antioxidants are found in applications such as slit film, wire and cable, food packaging and pipes.
The company also produces antioxidants used in fuels and lubricants. The company's line of Ethanox fuel and lubricant antioxidants are used by refiners and fuel marketers to extend fuel storage life and protect fuel systems, and by oil marketers and lubricant manufacturers to extend the useful life of lubricating oils, fluids and greases used in engines and various types of machinery.
The company's joint venture, Stannica LLC, produces organic and inorganic tin intermediates used as a key raw material in the production of tin based PVC heat stabilizers.
Customers: The Polymer Additives segment offers approximately 70 products to various end-markets. The company sells its products to chemical manufacturers and processors, such as polymer resin suppliers, lubricant manufacturers, refiners, and other specialty chemical companies.
Competition: The company's competitors in the brominated flame retardant business are Chemtura Corporation and Israel Chemicals Ltd. Its competitor in the phosphorus-based flame retardant business is Israel Chemicals, Jiangsu Yoke Technology Co., Ltd., and Zhejiang Wansheng Chemical Co., Ltd. Almatis GmbH, Kyowa Chemical Industry Co., Ltd. and Nabaltec GmbH are the company's competitors in the mineral-based flame retardants business. Its competitors in plastic additives business include BASF Corporation, Chemtura Corporation, and Songwon Industrial Co., Ltd.
Suppliers: Through its 50% interest in Jordan Bromine Company Limited (JBC), a consolidated joint venture with operations in Safi, Jordan, the company produces bromine from the Dead Sea. In addition, the company has a joint venture with Weifang Sinobrom Import and Export Company, Ltd., or Sinobrom, in China that allows the option to source bromine. The company also entered into a range of phosphorus derivative supply agreements with Rhodia S.A. a
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. ALBEMARLE CORP. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. ALBEMARLE CORP. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. ALBEMARLE CORP. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. ALBEMARLE CORP. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. ALBEMARLE CORP. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Albemarle Corp. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Albemarle Corp. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Albemarle Corp. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Albemarle Corp. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Chemicals Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Albemarle Corp. Industry Position Analysis
6. ALBEMARLE CORP. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. ALBEMARLE CORP. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. ALBEMARLE CORP. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. ALBEMARLE CORP. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. ALBEMARLE CORP. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. ALBEMARLE CORP. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Albemarle Corp. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Albemarle Corp. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Albemarle Corp. Major Shareholders
Albemarle Corp. History
Albemarle Corp. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Albemarle Corp. Offices and Representations
Albemarle Corp. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Albemarle Corp. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Albemarle Corp. Capital Market Snapshot
Albemarle Corp. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Chemicals Industry Statistics
Albemarle Corp. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Albemarle Corp. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Albemarle Corp. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Albemarle Corp. 1-year Stock Charts
Albemarle Corp. 5-year Stock Charts
Albemarle Corp. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Albemarle Corp. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Albemarle Corp. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?