- The report contains detailed information about Airgas Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Airgas Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Airgas Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Airgas Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Airgas Inc. business.
About Airgas Inc.
Airgas, Inc., through its subsidiaries, is a distributor of industrial, medical, and specialty gases and hardgoods, such as welding equipment and supplies.
The company has two segments, Distribution and All Other Operations. The Distribution business segment primarily engages in the distribution of industrial, medical and specialty gases and hardgoods, and in the production of gases to supply the regional distribution companies. The All Other Operations business segment consists of six business units which primarily manufacture and/or distribute carbon dioxide, dry ice, nitrous oxide, ammonia and refrigerant gases.
Distribution Business segment
Principal Products and Services
The Distribution business segments principal products include industrial, medical and specialty gases sold in packaged and bulk quantities, as well as hardgoods. The companys air separation facilities and national specialty gas labs primarily produce gases that are sold by the Distribution business segments business units. Gas sales include nitrogen, oxygen, argon, helium, hydrogen, welding and fuel gases such as acetylene, propylene and propane, carbon dioxide, nitrous oxide, ultra high purity grades, special application blends and process chemicals. Hardgoods consist of welding consumables and equipment, safety products, construction supplies, and maintenance, repair and operating supplies.
Principal Markets: Airgas market focus has primarily been on packaged gas distribution supplying customers with product in gaseous form in cylinders, in liquid form in dewars, and in less-than-truckload liquid bulk quantities. Generally, packaged gas distributors also sell welding hardgoods. Packaged gases and welding hardgoods are delivered to customers on company-owned trucks.
Suppliers: The companys suppliers include Air Products and Chemicals, Inc. It also has long-term take-or-pay supply agreements with The Linde Group, AG (Linde AG) to purchase oxygen, nitrogen, argon, helium and acetylene.
Customer Base: The company serves customers in various areas that include repair & maintenance; industrial manufacturing; energy and infrastructure construction; medical; petrochemicals; food and beverage; retail and wholesale; analytical; utilities; transportation; and other.
All Other Operations segment
The All Other Operations business segment consists of six business units. The primary products manufactured and/or distributed are carbon dioxide, dry ice (solid form of carbon dioxide), nitrous oxide, ammonia and refrigerant gases.
Carbon Dioxide & Dry Ice: The company is a manufacturer and distributor of liquid carbon dioxide, and manufacturer and distributor of dry ice. Customers for carbon dioxide and dry ice include food processors, food service businesses, pharmaceutical and biotech industries, and wholesale trade and grocery outlets. With 11 dry ice plants (converting liquid carbon dioxide into dry ice), the company has network of dry ice conversion plants in the United States. Additionally, Airgas operates five carbon dioxide production facilities.
Nitrous Oxide: The company is a manufacturer of nitrous oxide gas in North America, with four nitrous oxide production facilities operated by the company. Nitrous oxide is used as an anesthetic in the medical and dental fields, as a propellant in the packaged food business and in the manufacturing process of certain electronics industries. The raw materials utilized in nitrous oxide production are purchased under contracts with major manufacturers and suppliers.
Specialty Products: Airgas Specialty Products is a distributor of anhydrous and aqua ammonia. Industrial ammonia applications primarily include the abatement of nitrogen oxide compounds in the utilities industry (DeNOx), chemicals processing, commercial refrigeration, water treatment and metal treatment. Airgas Specialty Products operates 28 distribution facilities across the U.S. and purchases ammonia from suppliers under agreements.
Refrigerants: Refrigerants are used in a variety of commercial and consumer freezing and cooling applications. Airgas purchases and distributes refrigerants and provides technical and refrigerant reclamation services. The primary focus of the refrigerants business is on the sale and distribution of refrigerants, with a varied customer base that includes small and large HVAC contractors, facility owners, transportation companies, manufacturing facilities and government agencies.
Airgas, Inc. was founded in 1982.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. AIRGAS INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. AIRGAS INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. AIRGAS INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. AIRGAS INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. AIRGAS INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Airgas Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Airgas Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Airgas Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Airgas Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Chemicals Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Airgas Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. AIRGAS INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. AIRGAS INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. AIRGAS INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. AIRGAS INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. AIRGAS INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. AIRGAS INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Airgas Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Airgas Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Airgas Inc. Major Shareholders
Airgas Inc. History
Airgas Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Airgas Inc. Offices and Representations
Airgas Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Airgas Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Airgas Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Airgas Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Chemicals Industry Statistics
Airgas Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Airgas Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Airgas Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Airgas Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Airgas Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Airgas Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Airgas Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Airgas Inc. Article Density Chart
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
Porter Five Forces Analysis
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?