- The report contains detailed information about AECI Ltd. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for AECI Ltd.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The AECI Ltd. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes AECI Ltd. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of AECI Ltd. business.
About AECI Ltd.
AECI Limited, together with its subsidiaries, provides mining solutions and specialty chemicals to mining and manufacturing sectors in Africa.
The company conducts its operations through three segments: Mining Solutions, Specialty Chemicals, and Property.
The Mining Solutions segment produces and supplies commercial explosives, initiating systems, and blasting services and solutions to the mining, quarrying and allied industries. It also supplies to customers in Africa, beyond South Africa and has established a hub in South East Asia.
The Specialty Chemicals segment offers raw materials to cosmetics, toiletry, and detergent industries. It also manufactures and supplies sulphur-based chemicals and services to sectors, such as agriculture, mining, pulp and paper, and packaging. This segment supplies traded and blended specialty chemicals to a range of industries, including water treatment, food, detergents, plastics, coatings, adhesives and sealants. In addition, it manufactures poly-phosphoric acid (for catalyst manufacturers) and ortho-phosphoric acid (for, inter alia, beverage manufacturers); trades in pigments, nutriceuticals and construction chemicals. The Specialty Chemicals segment also manufactures and markets products derived from the mineral perlite. Customers are in sectors, such as agriculture, food and beverages, mining, electroplating, industrial oils and construction.
The company serves a customer base in PVC stabilizers, electroplating, specialized lubricants, foundry resins, silicone-based products, industrial cleaning, non-destructive testing, fire protection, marine, metal conversion, coatings and polymer conversion. It imports and supplies ex-stock a range of chemicals to all major industries, including paint and coatings, oil and gas, food and beverages, pharmaceuticals and personal care. The company also supplies paint finishes to the South African automotive manufacturing and refinish markets. It manufactures and distributes cable saturants, cable filling compounds and accessory products to power and telecommunication cable manufacturers.
The company provides energy solutions, water treatment, water optimization and total water management to industry and to water authorities in Southern Africa. It produces fatty acid derivatives and related products, as well as alkyd resins. Customers are in mining, chemicals, coatings, inks and adhesives, and plastics and rubber.
The company manufactures and supplies polyurethane raw materials and blended systems. Products are applied in the automotive, mining, white goods, construction, footwear, furniture and other industries. It manufactures and distributes products and services for explosives, fertilizers, food ingredients, coatings, glass manufacture and general chemicals. The company also manufactures and distributes specialized agricultural chemical products, including insecticides, fungicides, herbicides, plant nutrition and fertigation products. In addition, it distributes engineering polymers and technical compounds for the South African and selected export plastic conversion markets. The company manufactures and markets urea formaldehyde resins, formaldehyde solutions, urea, and resins for the timber, paper, animal feed and foundry industries.
The company, through its subsidiaries, manufactures and supplies emulsifiers for synthetic rubber production and fatty acid esters for the adhesive, construction, surfacing and coating, mining and rubber industries. It supplies chemicals to the South African pulp, paper and board industries. It also manufactures and markets a range of specialty chemicals for the mining industry, including froth, flotation and tailings treatment products. Further value is added to the customer by managing the chemical extractives function on mines. In addition, the company provides customers in textiles and tanning with specialty chemicals and services. The range includes biocides, liming auxiliaries, fungicides, tanning agents, defoamers and finishing products. It produces precipitated calcium carbonate products used as hi-tech, value-added filler and coating materials in paper production.
The Property segment manages the realization of surplus land and letting of surplus assets. It also provides site services to tenants at the Umbogintwini Industrial Complex, south of Durban, and oversees remediation prior to land release.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. AECI LTD. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. AECI LTD. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. AECI LTD. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. AECI LTD. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. AECI LTD. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. AECI Ltd. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of AECI Ltd. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of AECI Ltd. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. AECI Ltd. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Chemicals Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. AECI Ltd. Industry Position Analysis
6. AECI LTD. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. AECI LTD. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. AECI LTD. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. SOUTH AFRICA PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. AECI LTD. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. AECI LTD. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. AECI LTD. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
AECI Ltd. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
AECI Ltd. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
AECI Ltd. Major Shareholders
AECI Ltd. History
AECI Ltd. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
AECI Ltd. Offices and Representations
AECI Ltd. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
AECI Ltd. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
AECI Ltd. Capital Market Snapshot
AECI Ltd. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Chemicals Industry Statistics
AECI Ltd. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
AECI Ltd. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
AECI Ltd. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
AECI Ltd. 1-year Stock Charts
AECI Ltd. 5-year Stock Charts
AECI Ltd. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
AECI Ltd. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
AECI Ltd. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?