- The report contains detailed information about Tembec Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Tembec Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Tembec Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Tembec Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Tembec Inc. business.
About Tembec Inc.
Tembec, Inc. engages in the production and sale of forest pulp and paper products worldwide.
Forest Products Group
The Forest Products Group produces a range of forest products focusing on three main product groups: SPF, specialty wood products, and engineered wood products.
Products and Markets
The SPF lumber sawmills produce various types, species and grades of lumber which are used primarily for residential and commercial construction. Higher value SPF lumber products include J-Grade, TemPlus and TemSelect and machine stress rated (MSR) grades. Pine and hardwood lumber are used in various applications, including furniture, flooring and specialty residential and commercial applications. Hardwood flooring products are targeted for residential, commercial and recreational applications. The Forest Products Group produced and shipped approximately 1.1 million tonnes of wood chips in 2009.
Fibre Supply: Tembecs Canadian forestry operations are managed by the Forest Resources Management Group. This includes the harvesting of timber, either directly or through contractors, and silviculture and regeneration work required to ensure a sustainable supply of wood fibre to the manufacturing units. The Forest Resources Management Group is also responsible for third-party timber purchases and wood chip production from whole log chippers which are required to supplement total requirements.
Quebec: The company has timber supply and forest management agreements with the Ministry of Natural Resources and Wildlife (Quebec) for the supply of its Quebec sawmills.
Ontario: Tembecs cutting rights are provided principally through various Sustainable Forest Licenses on Crown land issued by the Ministry of Natural Resources (Ontario).
Manitoba: In Manitoba, Forest Management License Agreements (FMLs) enable holders to harvest to sustainable levels.
British Columbia: Majority of all timberlands in the Province of British Columbia are Crown lands.
The Pulp Group consists of eight manufacturing facilities operating at seven sites. The facilities are divided into two main categories: paper pulps (softwood kraft and hardwood kraft and high-yield pulps) and specialty pulps (specialty cellulose, fluff and dissolving pulps).
Products and Markets
The companys kraft paper pulps are used to produce various paper products. Softwood kraft normally sells for a premium over hardwood kraft. The company produces high-yield market pulps in North America. Specialty pulps are used in various applications. The specialty cellulose pulp mill in Temiscaming, Quebec, produces cellulose, which is used in textiles, pharmaceuticals, food additives and industrial chemicals. The pulp mill in Tartas, France, also produces both specialty and fluff pulps using the sulphite process. Tembec markets its pulp on a world-wide basis, primarily through its own sales force, with a network of offices in Canada, France, China, Taiwan, Japan, South Korea, Italy, and Spain.
The Paper Group consists of three facilities with a total of six paper machines that can produce newsprint, coated board and specialty paper products. Newsprint is used primarily for the publication of daily newspapers. The board is sold primarily in North America through its own sales force with sales offices located in the U.S. and Canada. The Paperboard Group sells its board directly to merchants and to large printers.
Fibre Supply: The newsprint mills purchased 334,000 tonnes of wood chips and round wood. The pulp group provides the high yield pulp and a portion of the NBSK pulp required by the Temiscaming paperboard operation.
In September 2009, the company sold its 50% equity in Temrex Forest Products Limited Partnership and its general partner, Gestion PFT Inc., to subsidiaries of Societe generale de financement du Quebec (SGF).
Tembec, Inc. was founded in 1972.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. TEMBEC INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. TEMBEC INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. TEMBEC INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. TEMBEC INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. TEMBEC INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Tembec Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Tembec Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Tembec Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Tembec Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Paper & Forest Products Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Tembec Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. TEMBEC INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. TEMBEC INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. TEMBEC INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. CANADA PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. TEMBEC INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. TEMBEC INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. TEMBEC INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Tembec Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Tembec Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Tembec Inc. Major Shareholders
Tembec Inc. History
Tembec Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Tembec Inc. Offices and Representations
Tembec Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Tembec Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Tembec Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Tembec Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Paper & Forest Products Industry Statistics
Tembec Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Tembec Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Tembec Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Tembec Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Tembec Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Tembec Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Tembec Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Tembec Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?