- The report contains detailed information about Stella-Jones Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Stella-Jones Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Stella-Jones Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Stella-Jones Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Stella-Jones Inc. business.
About Stella-Jones Inc.
Stella-Jones Inc. (SJI or the company) was incorporated in 1992 under the Canada Business Corporations Act. SJI is engaged in the manufacture and marketing of pressure treated wood products, specializing in the production of treated wood poles for electrical utilities and telecommunications companies. Other principal products supplied by the Company include railway ties, highway guardrail posts, marine and foundation pilings, and construction and bridge timbers. The Company also specializes in providing customized services to lumber companies and wholesalers for the treatment of consumer lumber products such as decks and fencing.
The five main segments of the wood preserving market are utility poles and piling, railway ties, lumber, timber and plywood, fence posts and treating services only.
Utility Poles and Piling: Customers for transmission and distribution poles are predominantly regional telecommunication and electric utility companies. Pilings include marine pilings and foundation pilings.
Railway Ties: These products include construction timbers and highway guardrail posts. The market is highly fragmented and characterized by commodity pricing and lack of quality standardization.
Fence Posts: The fence post market primarily serves the agricultural industry. The Company has essentially no presence in this segment.
Treating Services Only (Consumer Lumber): This market segment consists primarily of treating consumer lumber owned by the Companys customers for use in patios, decks, fences and other outdoor applications.
Sales and Marketing
The Company markets its treated wood products through its six sales offices located at its manufacturing facilities in New Westminster (British Columbia), Guelph (Ontario), Delson (Québec), Gatineau (Québec), Truro (Nova Scotia) and Clarenville (Newfoundland).
Utility Poles and Piling
The majority of the Company's sales of utility poles are made in response to public tenders issued by customers, particularly Crown corporations.
Piling sales comprise construction materials used mainly in public work projects, including marine and foundation pilings. Products are typically sold directly to municipal and provincial authorities in response to tenders for a certain quantity and specification of preserved product.
The Company supplies treated ties as a finished product to several railway companies, as well as to mining companies and to privately owned lines.
Lumber, Timber and Plywood
Sales comprise construction materials used mainly in public works projects, such as highway guardrail posts. Products are typically sold directly to municipal and provincial authorities in response to tenders for a certain quantity and specification of preserved timber for a particular project. The Company also sells to lumber wholesalers who maintain a certain inventory of preserved lumber products for the construction industry.
Treating Services Only (Consumer Lumber)
The treating services only segment constitutes treating services provided primarily to lumber wholesalers seeking to add value to their finished lumber product.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. STELLA-JONES INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. STELLA-JONES INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. STELLA-JONES INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. STELLA-JONES INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. STELLA-JONES INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Stella-Jones Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Stella-Jones Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Stella-Jones Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Stella-Jones Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Paper & Forest Products Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Stella-Jones Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. STELLA-JONES INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. STELLA-JONES INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. STELLA-JONES INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. CANADA PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. STELLA-JONES INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. STELLA-JONES INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. STELLA-JONES INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Stella-Jones Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Stella-Jones Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Stella-Jones Inc. Major Shareholders
Stella-Jones Inc. History
Stella-Jones Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Stella-Jones Inc. Offices and Representations
Stella-Jones Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Stella-Jones Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Stella-Jones Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Stella-Jones Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Paper & Forest Products Industry Statistics
Stella-Jones Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Stella-Jones Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Stella-Jones Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Stella-Jones Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Stella-Jones Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Stella-Jones Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Stella-Jones Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Stella-Jones Inc. Article Density Chart
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
Porter Five Forces Analysis
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?