This report aims to provide right understanding about Chinese seed treatment and to find out investment risk and business opportunities in this field. Following aspects of seed treatment are emphatically covered in this report.
- Governmental polices related to seed treatment. Such as raising direct grain subsidies, agricultural machinery subsidies, and improved varieties subsidies, enhancing environmental protection requirements, heightening industrial threshold, setting targets of raising seed treatment rate, and so on.
- Seed treatment market structure. Chemical treatment, including seed coating, seed soaking, seed dressing and seed sealing, captures over 90% market share in Chinese seed treatment industry, while market scale and commercialization level of physical treatment and biological treatment is rather low.
- Seed treatment market in major crops. Corn and wheat are the most important crops in seed treatment market, accounting for 85.67% of total seed treatment market in terms of value. And seed treatment in major production areas shows remarkable regional difference.
- Market of seed treatment agents. Seed coating is the most popular chemical treatment technology in China, constituting 83.55% China’s total seed treatment market value in 2009, while pesticides and fertilizers treating seeds capture a small market share.
- Risk assessment. Policy risk, industry competition risk, supply-demand fluctuation risk and technology risk are assessed, and proposals to avoid risk are provided in this report.
- Commercial opportunities. With the increasing market demand for seed treatment, commercial opportunities, including industry integration, supply increase of commercial coated seeds, demand growth of low-toxic and highly effective seed coating agents, and demand increase of machineries for seed coating and sowing, etc., are recommended.
This report is helpful to:
I-1 Seed situation
I-1.1 Seed market scale
I-1.2 Seed market structure
I-1.3 Seed companies
I-1.4 Main opportunities and challenges of China's seed industry
I-2 Significance of seed treatment for agricultural production
I-2.1 Economic benefits
I-2.2 Ecological benefit
II SEED TREATMENT TECHNOLOGIES
II-1 Physical treatment
II-1.1 Hot water treatment
II-1.2 Electric field treatment
II-1.3 Magnetic field treatment
II-1.4 Plasma seed treatment technology
II-2 Chemical treatment
II-2.1 Seed soaking
II-2.2 Seed dressing
II-2.3 Seed coating
II-2.4 Solvent sealing
II-3 Biological treatment
III SEED TREATMENT MARKET IN MAJOR CROPS
III-1 General situation of seed treatment market
III-2 Seed treatment market in major crops
III-2.9 Sugar beet
III-2.11 Chinese medicinal materials
IV MARKET OF SEED TREATMENT AGENTS
IV-1 Seed coating agents
IV-1.1 Development history
IV-1.2 Supply situation
IV-3.1 Supply situation
IV-3.2 Market volume and value
V KEY INFLUENCING FACTORS OF SEED TREATMENT
V-1 Environmental protection
V-2.1 Rural peasants’ affordability
V-2.2 High return of investment
V-3 Government’s attitudes and actions
V-4 MNC’s investment and activities
VI RISK ASSESSMENT AND OPPORTUNITIES OF CHINESE SEED TREATMENT INDUSTRY
VI-1 Warnings and proposals for avoiding investment risks
VI-1.1 Policy risk
VI-1.2 Industry competition risk
VI-1.3 Supply-demand fluctuation risk
VI-1.4 Technology risk
VI-2.1 Industry integration
VI-2.2 Supply increase of commercial coated seeds
VI-2.3 Demand growth of low-toxic seed coating agents
VI-2.4 Development of new seed coating formulation types
VI-2.5 Development of machineries for seed coating and sowing
Hebei Beinong (Haili) Zhuozhou Seed Coating Agents Co., Ltd., Tianjin Kerun Beifang Seed Covering Agent Co., Ltd.,Chemtura Corporation,Henan Zhongzhou Seed Technological Development Co., Ltd., Hefei Fengle Seed Co., Ltd.,Chongqing Seed coating agents Company, etc.