- The report contains detailed information about Pope Resources LP that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Pope Resources LP. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Pope Resources LP financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Pope Resources LP competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Pope Resources LP business.
About Pope Resources LP
Pope Resources, A Delaware Limited Partnership, through its subsidiaries, engages primarily in managing timber resources.
The Partnership operates in three primary business segments: Fee Timber, Timberland Management & Consulting, and Real Estate. Fee Timber operations consist of growing and harvesting timber from 114,000 acres of tree farms. Timberland Management & Consulting, through a subsidiary, Olympic Resource Management LLC (ORMLLC), provides timberland management services to ORM Timber Fund I, LP (Fund I), which owns 24,000 acres of timberlands in western Washington, and ORM Timber Fund II, Inc. (Fund II), which owns 12,000 acres in western Oregon. ORMLLC also provides timberland management and forestry consulting services to other third party owners of timberlands and is engaged in identification and due diligence for additional timberland investments by Fund II.
Fee Timber segment
The Fee Timber segment consists of operations surrounding management of the Partnerships core assets: the Hood Canal tree farm, which consists of 70,000 acres located in the Hood Canal area of Washington, and the 44,000-acre Columbia tree farm located in southwestern Washington State.
Operations on the tree farms consist primarily of growing, harvesting, and marketing timber and timber products to both domestic and Pacific Rim markets but additionally include other sources, such as cell tower and mineral leases. This segment also includes operations of Fund I and Fund II, which are consolidated into the company's financial statements. The Partnerships tree farms, as of December 31, 2009, were approximately 114,000 acres. Of this total, approximately 96,000 acres are designated productive acres.
Customers: The Partnership sells its logs domestically to lumber mills and other wood fiber processors located throughout western Washington and northwest Oregon.
Timberland Management & Consulting segment
The Timberland Management & Consulting segments operation has been to provide various aspects of timberland management services to third-party timberland owners.
Timberland Investment Management: The timberland investment management program focuses on building and managing diversified timberland portfolios for third-party investors and the partnership.
Timberland Management: Timberland management activities provide forestland management, acquisition, and disposition services to timber property owners. Specialized consulting assignments are performed on an ad-hoc basis.
Real Estate segment
The Partnerships real estate activities are closely associated with the management of its timberlands. Real Estate segments activities consists of investing in and later reselling improved properties, and holding properties for later development and sale. Its portfolio consists of approximately 2,500 acres.
The company markets its land for sale to private individuals, residential contractors, and developers of commercial property. Customers for rental space in the Port Gamble townsite consist of both residential and commercial tenants.
Pope Resources, A Delaware Limited Partnership was founded in 1985.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. POPE RESOURCES LP COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. POPE RESOURCES LP BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. POPE RESOURCES LP SWOT ANALYSIS
4. POPE RESOURCES LP FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. POPE RESOURCES LP COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Pope Resources LP Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Pope Resources LP and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Pope Resources LP and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Pope Resources LP Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Paper & Forest Products Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Pope Resources LP Industry Position Analysis
6. POPE RESOURCES LP NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. POPE RESOURCES LP EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. POPE RESOURCES LP ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. POPE RESOURCES LP IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. POPE RESOURCES LP PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. POPE RESOURCES LP VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Pope Resources LP Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Pope Resources LP Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Pope Resources LP Major Shareholders
Pope Resources LP History
Pope Resources LP Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Pope Resources LP Offices and Representations
Pope Resources LP SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Pope Resources LP Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Pope Resources LP Capital Market Snapshot
Pope Resources LP Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Paper & Forest Products Industry Statistics
Pope Resources LP Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Pope Resources LP Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Pope Resources LP Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Pope Resources LP 1-year Stock Charts
Pope Resources LP 5-year Stock Charts
Pope Resources LP vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Pope Resources LP vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Pope Resources LP Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?