- The report contains detailed information about Neenah Paper, Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Neenah Paper, Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Neenah Paper, Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Neenah Paper, Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Neenah Paper, Inc. business.
About Neenah Paper, Inc.
Neenah Paper, Inc. is a producer of premium fine papers and technical products. The company has two primary operations: its fine paper business and its technical products business. The company also owns approximately 475,000 acres of timberlands in Nova Scotia, Canada.
The companys fine paper business is a producer of writing, text, cover and specialty papers used in corporate identity packages, corporate annual reports, invitations, personal stationery, and packaging for point of purchase advertising. The company sells its products primarily to authorized paper distributors, converters and specialty businesses.
The companys technical products business is a international producer of transportation and other filter media, durable, saturated and coated substrates for various end uses; and nonwoven wall coverings. The company focuses on categories, which include transportation and other filter media, specialty tape, label, abrasive, medical packaging, nonwoven wall coverings and image transfer technical products markets.
The company is also a supplier of materials used for customer-specific applications in furniture, book covers and original equipment manufacturers products. The companys customers are located in approximately 35 countries.
The Fine paper business manufactures and sells branded premium writing, text, cover and specialty papers used in corporate identity packages, corporate annual reports, invitations, personal stationery, and packaging for point of purchase advertising.
Premium writing papers are used for business and personal stationery, corporate identity packages, envelopes and similar end-use applications. Market writing papers are sold by the fine paper business under the CLASSIC, ENVIRONMENT, NEENAH, CAPITOL BOND and NEUTECH trademarks. The fine paper business also sells private watermarked paper and other specialty writing papers.
Text and cover papers are used in applications such as corporate brochures, pocket folders, corporate annual reports, advertising inserts, direct mail, business cards, hang tags, scrapbooks, and various other uses where colors, textured finishes or heavier weight papers are desired. The companys brands in this category include CLASSIC, CLASSIC CREST, STARWHITE, SUNDANCE, ESSE and ENVIRONMENT. The company also sells various custom colors, paper finishes, and duplex/laminated papers.
The fine paper business produces and sells other specialty papers, including translucent papers, art papers, papers for optical scanning and other specialized applications, under the UV/ULTRA II translucent paper trademark and other brands.
In 2009, the company signed a licensing agreement with Crane & Co. Inc. (Crane) for Neenah to manufacture, market and distribute Cranes business paper brands.
The technical products business is a producer of filtration media and durable, saturated and coated substrates for various end uses, including tapes, premask, abrasives, labels, medical packaging, decorative components, wall covering, and image transfer papers. JET-PRO, SofStretch, KIMDURA, MUNISING LP, PREVAIL, NEENAH, Gessner and varitess are brands of its technical products business.
In general, the products of its technical products business are sold to other manufacturers as components for their finished products. The technical products business is organized into five SBUs: Filtration; Tape; Component Materials, which includes its abrasives business; Graphics and Identification; and Wall Covering to sell its products into major market segments.
The Filtration SBU produces filtration media for induction air, fuel, oil, and cabin air applications in automotive transportation and for vacuum cleaner bags and filters. Transportation filtration media are sold to suppliers of automotive companies as original equipment on new cars and trucks, as well as to the automotive aftermarket. This business is primarily in Europe.
The Tape SBU produces both saturated and unsaturated crepe and flat papers and sells them to manufacturers to produce finished pressure sensitive products for sale in automotive, automotive aftermarket,
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. NEENAH PAPER, INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. NEENAH PAPER, INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. NEENAH PAPER, INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. NEENAH PAPER, INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. NEENAH PAPER, INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Neenah Paper, Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Neenah Paper, Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Neenah Paper, Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Neenah Paper, Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Paper & Forest Products Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Neenah Paper, Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. NEENAH PAPER, INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. NEENAH PAPER, INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. NEENAH PAPER, INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. NEENAH PAPER, INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. NEENAH PAPER, INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. NEENAH PAPER, INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Neenah Paper, Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Neenah Paper, Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Neenah Paper, Inc. Major Shareholders
Neenah Paper, Inc. History
Neenah Paper, Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Neenah Paper, Inc. Offices and Representations
Neenah Paper, Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Neenah Paper, Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Neenah Paper, Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Neenah Paper, Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Paper & Forest Products Industry Statistics
Neenah Paper, Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Neenah Paper, Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Neenah Paper, Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Neenah Paper, Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Neenah Paper, Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Neenah Paper, Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Neenah Paper, Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Neenah Paper, Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?