- The report contains detailed information about Mondi Limited that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Mondi Limited. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Mondi Limited financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Mondi Limited competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Mondi Limited business.
About Mondi Limited
Mondi Limited, an international paper and packaging group, engages in the manufacture of packaging paper and converted packaging products; uncoated fine paper; and specialty products, including coatings and consumer flexibles. The company primarily operates in western Europe, emerging Europe, Russia, and South Africa.
The company's activities range from growing of wood and the manufacture of pulp and paper (including recycled paper) to the conversion of packaging papers into corrugated packaging and industrial bags.
Europe & International
The Europe & International Division comprises bags & specialties, uncoated fine paper (UFP) and corrugated. It owns 2.1 million hectares of forest in the Komi Republic in Russia. It has a network of 28 plants producing virgin and recycled containerboard and corrugated packaging, including 20 box plants spread equally between western and emerging Europe.
The company converts Kraft paper into industrial and consumer bags, packaging, and wrapping paper at 38 plants worldwide, of which 27 are in western and emerging Europe. It also produces release liner, extrusion coating, specialty plastic film, and printed consumer bags in Europe. It produces UFP at plants in Austria, Israel, Russia, and Slovakia.
The South Africa Division comprises forestry, pulp, UFP, and containerboard operations. It owns 230,000 hectares of forest in KwaZulu-Natal and Mpumalanga.
Mondi Packaging South Africa (MPSA)
The Mondi Packaging South Africa (MPSA) Division produces specialist packaging paper and packaging solutions. It offers corrugated packaging, cartonboard, and rigid plastics.
Merchant and Newsprint
The Merchant and Newsprint Division includes Europapier, a paper merchant in central and emerging Europe; and the two newsprint joint ventures, including Aylesford Newsprint in the U.K. (50% owned) and Mondi Shanduka Newsprint in South Africa (50% owned). Its operations include merchanting of graphic, packaging, and office paper. It also offers newsprint and telephone directory paper.
The company supplies a range of packaging products and materials, uncoated fine paper products, and specialties for various uses.
Pulp: The company produces both hardwood and softwood pulp for its own use, as well as sells 470,000 tonnes per year to the market. This includes the wholesale of its Monopol unbleached and Bohemia bleached market pulp to third parties for a range of end uses.
Uncoated fine paper (UFP): The company produces a range of office and professional printing paper, under brand names, including COLOR COPY, MAESTRO, IQ, Snegurochka, and ROTATRIM, used for everything from laser printing and color copying to pre-print and offset papers and various office stationery products.
Containerboard: The company sells a portfolio of corrugated case materials (virgin and recycled containerboard) for various box applications, from rugged boxes to protect fruit in transit, to those in direct contact with fast food; and from safe shipping of heavy-duty electronic goods to luxury products. Applications include standard boxes, die-cut boxes, and trays, as well as point-of-sale displays and corrugated sheets.
Corrugated boxes: The company supplies various forms of corrugated packaging. These include conventional boxes and trays of various shapes and sizes, point-of-sale displays, Shelf-Ready Packaging (SRP) and specialist carrying containers with built-in handles (for bottles or for portable selling materials). Its products are available with the radio frequency identification (RFID) technology.
Kraft paper: The company's kraft papers are used in everything from specialist packaging and heavy-duty industrial applications (including building and chemicals) to consumer packaging (including food and pet food). It offers a range of grades, each catering to the specific requirements of different packaging concepts.
Industrial bags: The company offers a portfolio of industrial bags, including bags that are fillable and air-permeable bags with closure techniques, such as hermetic sealing and vacuum sealing, as well as barrier liners. They are used to package everything from cement, chemicals, seeds, animal feed, flour, and milk powder to automotive parts and organic, and biowaste.
Specialties: The company produces films and flexible products, such as pouches and microwaveable packaging. It offers customized products for the food, pet food, building, medical, and hygiene industries. The company offers Sustainex, a biodegradeable packaging solution.
Newsprint: The company produces newsprint and telephone directory paper, mainly manufactured in South Africa and the U.K. primarily from recycled newspapers and magazines. In Russia, it produces 192,000 tonnes per year of newsprint from virgin fibre.
In April 2008, the company acquired Dunapack, which involves in bag converting; Rochester, which involves in coating; and Loparex Group, which involves in coating and Kraft paper.
The company's packaging products are sold to four main markets, including FMCG companies (corrugated boxes, flexible packaging solutions, and barrier materials); building and construction companies (industrial bags and barrier materials); chemicals, pharmaceuticals and electronics (corrugated boxes, flexible packaging solutions, and industrial bags); and packaging converters (kraft paper, virgin and recycled containerboard, and barrier materials).
The company supplies UFP to business and home users through three principal channels, including merchants; original equipment manufacturers (OEMs); and office suppliers and retailers.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. MONDI LIMITED COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. MONDI LIMITED BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. MONDI LIMITED SWOT ANALYSIS
4. MONDI LIMITED FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. MONDI LIMITED COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Mondi Limited Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Mondi Limited and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Mondi Limited and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Mondi Limited Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Paper & Forest Products Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Mondi Limited Industry Position Analysis
6. MONDI LIMITED NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. MONDI LIMITED EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. MONDI LIMITED ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. SOUTH AFRICA PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. MONDI LIMITED IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. MONDI LIMITED PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. MONDI LIMITED VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Mondi Limited Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Mondi Limited Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Mondi Limited Major Shareholders
Mondi Limited History
Mondi Limited Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Mondi Limited Offices and Representations
Mondi Limited SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Mondi Limited Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Mondi Limited Capital Market Snapshot
Mondi Limited Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Paper & Forest Products Industry Statistics
Mondi Limited Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Mondi Limited Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Mondi Limited Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Mondi Limited 1-year Stock Charts
Mondi Limited 5-year Stock Charts
Mondi Limited vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Mondi Limited vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Mondi Limited Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?