- The report contains detailed information about Louisiana-Pacific Corp. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Louisiana-Pacific Corp.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Louisiana-Pacific Corp. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Louisiana-Pacific Corp. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Louisiana-Pacific Corp. business.
About Louisiana-Pacific Corp.
Louisiana-Pacific Corporation, together with its subsidiaries, engages in manufacturing and distributing building products for new home construction, repair and remodeling, manufactured housing, and light industrial and commercial construction. The principal customers for its building products are retail home centers, manufactured housing producers, distributors, and wholesalers in North America and South America, with minor sales to Asia and Europe.
As of December 31, 2009, the company had 21 facilities in the U.S. and Canada. The company also owns two facilities in Chile and acquired a 75% ownership interest in a Brazilian facility. The company also operated three facilities through joint ventures, for which the company is the provider of product distribution for North America. Additionally, the company participates in a joint venture operation that produces cellulose insulation. The companys products are used primarily in new home construction, repair and remodeling, and manufactured housing.
The company operates in three segments: Oriented Strand Board (OSB); Siding; and Engineered Wood Products (EWP).
The OSB segment manufactures and distributes OSB structural panel products. OSB serves many of the same uses as plywood, including roof decking, sidewall sheathing and floor underlayment.
This segment offers two categories of products: SmartSide siding products and related accessories; and Canexel siding and accessory products. The companys SmartSide products consist of a line of wood-based sidings, trim, soffit and fascia. The companys Canexel siding and accessory product offerings include various pre-finished lap, panel and trim products in various patterns and textures.
Engineered Wood Products
The Engineered Wood Products (EWP) segment manufactures and distributes I-joists and laminated veneer lumber (LVL) and other related products. This segment also includes the sale of I-Joist and LVL products produced by the company's joint venture with AbitibiBowater or under a contract manufacturing arrangement. The company's LVL and LSL are high-grade, value-added structural products used in applications where extra strength and quality is required, such as headers and beams. It is also used, together with OSB and lumber, in the manufacture of engineered I-joists.
The other products category includes its decorative moulding, South American OSB operations and its joint venture that produces cellulose insulation. Additionally, its other products category includes its remaining timber and timberlands, and other minor products, services and closed operations.
In 2009, the company's major customers included Home Depot, Inc. and Taiga Buildings Products, Ltd.
The company's principal customers include the following: wholesale distribution companies, which supply building materials to retailers on a regional, state or local basis; two-step distributors, who provide building materials to smaller retailers, contractors and others; building materials professional dealers, that specialize in sales to professional builders, remodeling firms and trade contractors that are involved in residential home construction and light commercial building; retail home centers, that provide access to consumer markets with a selection of home improvement materials and increasingly serve professional builders, remodelers and trade contractors; and manufactured housing producers, who design, construct and distribute prefabricated residential and light commercial structures, including manufactured, modular and panelized structures, for consumer and professional markets.
Louisiana-Pacific Corporation was founded in 1972.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. LOUISIANA-PACIFIC CORP. COMPANY PROFILE
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. LOUISIANA-PACIFIC CORP. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. LOUISIANA-PACIFIC CORP. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. LOUISIANA-PACIFIC CORP. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. LOUISIANA-PACIFIC CORP. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Louisiana-Pacific Corp. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Louisiana-Pacific Corp. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Louisiana-Pacific Corp. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Louisiana-Pacific Corp. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Paper & Forest Products Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Louisiana-Pacific Corp. Industry Position Analysis
6. LOUISIANA-PACIFIC CORP. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. LOUISIANA-PACIFIC CORP. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. LOUISIANA-PACIFIC CORP. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. LOUISIANA-PACIFIC CORP. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. LOUISIANA-PACIFIC CORP. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. LOUISIANA-PACIFIC CORP. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Louisiana-Pacific Corp. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Louisiana-Pacific Corp. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Louisiana-Pacific Corp. Major Shareholders
Louisiana-Pacific Corp. History
Louisiana-Pacific Corp. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Louisiana-Pacific Corp. Offices and Representations
Louisiana-Pacific Corp. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Louisiana-Pacific Corp. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Louisiana-Pacific Corp. Capital Market Snapshot
Louisiana-Pacific Corp. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Paper & Forest Products Industry Statistics
Louisiana-Pacific Corp. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Louisiana-Pacific Corp. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Louisiana-Pacific Corp. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Louisiana-Pacific Corp. 1-year Stock Charts
Louisiana-Pacific Corp. 5-year Stock Charts
Louisiana-Pacific Corp. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Louisiana-Pacific Corp. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Louisiana-Pacific Corp. Article Density Chart
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
Porter Five Forces Analysis
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?