Russia’s accession to the WTO resulted in the decrease of a machinery import duty to 5%, while engine power restrictions were lifted. Thus, foreign manufacturers obtained significant competitive advantages.
In 2011, main sectors of the Russian farm machinery industry exhibited a strong growth, buoyed by the healthy state of the Russian agricultural industry and favorable market forecasts.
In January 2013, production of combine harvesters in Russia dropped as compared to the same period a year earlier. Output of tractors in January 2013 has also decreased. The most significant reduction was observed in the sector of four-wheel drive tractors.
Thus, sales of Russian agricultural machinery still show negative dynamics. Industry and market participants appraise the situation as critical.
In January 2013, plough production in Russia fell as compared to the same month of 2012. The output of turn ploughs dropped, while production of reversible and chisel ploughs increased. In January-December 2012, production of soil preparation machinery also decreased.
Negative production trend was shown by harrow and cultivators output in January-November 2012.
One of the most significant problems of the farm machinery sector in Russia is the difference between production and supply levels. Large surplus stocks of unsold farm machinery can be found with the following entities: Rostselmash JSC, Bryanskselmash, Claas Ltd, Svetlogradagromash JSC, SibzavodAgro Ltd., Millerovoselmash JSC, Gryazinsky Cultivator Factory, Sasovkormmash JSC.
In order to raise the competitive status of the Russian farm machinery sector, some state regulatory measures with respect to foreign trade operations could be implemented to give certain benefits. The Russian farm machinery sector requires efficient and well-established legal and regulatory framework, which will help to modernize the sector.
- Brief country profile: general information, economic indicators, business environment
- Farm machinery market overview: production and consumption of farm machinery, market trends, government regulations and market perspectives
- Foreign trade data including farm machinery export/import operations in Russia, main trade partners, prices
- Major manufacturers and suppliers of farm machinery in Russia
- Consumers within the sector and the purchase activity monitoring
- Your knowledge of the market in the country will expand significantly
- You will receive information about economic, governmental, political and social background of the market giving you an opportunity to analyse all the factors influencing the market
- You can boost sales of the company significantly by obtaining the market analysis
- Major market players’ contacts and profiles will be useful for partnership development and the assessment of the competitive environment
The report can be further elaborated by the following materials:
1.1. General characteristics
1.2. Economic review
2. FARM MACHINERY MARKET IN RUSSIA
2.1. Overview of farm machinery market
2.2. Producers of farm machinery in Russia, including contact details and product range
2.2.1. Producers of cultivators
2.2.2. Producers of harvesters
3. RUSSIA'S FOREIGN TRADE IN FARM MACHINERY
3.1. Export and import of tractors: volume, structure, dynamics
3.2. Export and import of cultivators: volume, structure, dynamics
3.3. Export and import of harvesters: volume, structure, dynamics
3.4. Export and import of balers: volume, structure, dynamics
3.5. Export and import of seeders: volume, structure, dynamics
3.6. Export and import of shellers: volume, structure, dynamics
3.7. Export and import of milking machines: volume, structure, dynamics
4. MAJOR WHOLESALERS AND TRADING COMPANIES IN RUSSIA
5. CONSUMERS OF FARM MACHINERY IN RUSSIAN MARKET
5.1. Downstream markets of Farm Machinery in Russia
5.2. Farm Machinery consumers in Russia
Please note that Farm Machinery Market in Russia: Business Report 2017 is a half ready publication. It only requires updating with the help of new data that are constantly retrieved from Publisher’s databases and other sources. This updating process takes 3-5 business days after order is placed. Thus, our clients always obtain a revised and updated version of each report. Please also note that we do not charge for such an updating procedure. BAC Reports has information for more than 25,000 different products available but it is impossible to have all reports updated immediately. That is why it takes 3-5 days to update a report after an order is received.
The report can be further expanded by the following materials:
- Russia: Country Business Profile 2017
Date: Jan, 2017 | Pages: 50 | Price: $300
This report is a comprehensive research about the conditions of doing business in Russia.
The first chapter of the report contains general information on Russia, including its geopolitical situation, administrative structure, political system and level of economic development. Special attention is delivered to peculiarities of negotiations conduct in Russia.
The second part of the report focuses on macroeconomic indexes of Russia: GDP scope and dynamics, industrial production volume, foreign trade analysis, investment climate in the country etc.