- The report contains detailed information about Deltic Timber Corp. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Deltic Timber Corp.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Deltic Timber Corp. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Deltic Timber Corp. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Deltic Timber Corp. business.
About Deltic Timber Corp.
Deltic Timber Corporation, a natural resources company, engages in growing and harvesting of timber, as well as manufacturing and marketing lumber.
The company owns approximately 448,600 acres of timberland, primarily in Arkansas and north Louisiana. Its sawmill operations are located at Ola in central Arkansas (the Ola Mill) and at Waldo in south Arkansas (the Waldo Mill). In addition to its timber and lumber operations, the company engages in real estate development in central Arkansas. The company also holds a 50 percent interest in Del-Tin Fiber L.L.C. (Del-Tin Fiber), a joint venture to manufacture and market medium density fiberboard (MDF).
The companys segments include Woodlands, which manages its timberlands including harvesting and sale of timber, timberland sales and acquisitions, oil and gas mineral revenue, and hunting land leases; Mills, which consists of its two sawmills that manufacture various softwood lumber products; and Real Estate, which includes its three active real estate developments and a related country club operation.
The company owns approximately 448,600 acres of timberland, primarily in Arkansas and north Louisiana, stocked principally with Southern Pine. Its timberlands are well diversified by age class. The timberland classified as pine forest is primarily managed on an all-aged basis. Pine plantations are primarily less than 30 years old, with the majority ranging in age from 5 to 25 years. At the age of 20 years, pine plantations begin building a significant amount of pine sawtimber tonnage.
The companys pine sawtimber is either used in sawmills or sold to third parties. Products that can be manufactured from this resource include lumber, boards, timbers, decking, and secondary products, used primarily in residential construction. Deltics hardwood sawtimber is sold to third parties and is primarily used in the production of railroad ties, flooring, and pallets. Pulpwood consists of logs with a diameter of less than nine inches. Both pine and hardwood pulpwood are sold to third parties for use primarily in the manufacture of paper. In 2009, the company harvested 578,646 tons of pine sawtimber from its timberlands.
The Companys two sawmills are located at Ola in central Arkansas and at Waldo in south Arkansas, near significant portions of the timberlands. The mills produce softwood lumber products, including dimension lumber, boards, and timbers. The lumber is sold primarily to wholesale distributors, lumber treaters, large retailers, and truss manufacturers in the South and Midwest and is used in residential construction, roof trusses, and laminated beams.
As of December 31, 2009, the company had under contract 114,872 tons of timber on land owned by other parties, including the U.S. Forest Service. During 2009, the company harvested third-party stumpage and purchased logs from third parties totaling 371,536 tons.
Residual Wood Products: The company pursues waste minimization practices at sawmills. Wood chips are usually sold to paper mills, wood shavings and chips are usually sold to Del-Tin Fiber, and bark is frequently sold for use as fuel. Bark, sawdust, shavings, and wood chips that cannot be sold are used as hog fuel to fire the boilers that heat the drying kilns.
The company engages in real estate development in central Arkansas. It also holds a 50 percent interest in Del-Tin Fiber L.L.C. (Del-Tin Fiber), a joint venture to manufacture and market medium density fiberboard (MDF).
Chenal Valley is a premier upscale planned community. In addition to Chenal Valley, Deltic has developed Chenal Downs, located outside of Chenal Valley, and is developing Red Oak Ridge, in Hot Springs, Arkansas. Chenal Downs is a 400-acre equestrian development with controlled access, featuring secluded, 5 acre lots. Red Oak Ridge is an 800-acre upscale community designed for residential, resort, or retirement living. As of December 31, 2009, 2,718 lots have been developed in 33 neighborhoods and 2,512 lots have been sold, with approximately 2,313 residences constructed or under construction.
Commercial Development: Commerci
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. DELTIC TIMBER CORP. COMPANY PROFILE
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. DELTIC TIMBER CORP. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. DELTIC TIMBER CORP. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. DELTIC TIMBER CORP. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. DELTIC TIMBER CORP. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Deltic Timber Corp. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Deltic Timber Corp. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Deltic Timber Corp. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Deltic Timber Corp. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Paper & Forest Products Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Deltic Timber Corp. Industry Position Analysis
6. DELTIC TIMBER CORP. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. DELTIC TIMBER CORP. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. DELTIC TIMBER CORP. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. DELTIC TIMBER CORP. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. DELTIC TIMBER CORP. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. DELTIC TIMBER CORP. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Deltic Timber Corp. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Deltic Timber Corp. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Deltic Timber Corp. Major Shareholders
Deltic Timber Corp. History
Deltic Timber Corp. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Deltic Timber Corp. Offices and Representations
Deltic Timber Corp. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Deltic Timber Corp. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Deltic Timber Corp. Capital Market Snapshot
Deltic Timber Corp. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Paper & Forest Products Industry Statistics
Deltic Timber Corp. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Deltic Timber Corp. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Deltic Timber Corp. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Deltic Timber Corp. 1-year Stock Charts
Deltic Timber Corp. 5-year Stock Charts
Deltic Timber Corp. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Deltic Timber Corp. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Deltic Timber Corp. Article Density Chart
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
Porter Five Forces Analysis
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?