In Nigeria almost all farmers in agricultural regions use pesticides. Some of them are banned on international market especially in the European Union. The lack of education in pesticides sphere and established way of agriculture led to negative consequences for the farmers, environment and land productivity.
The most widely used tools for agrochemicals application are knapsack sprayer, spinning disc sprayer, mist blower and others. A lot of farmers in Nigeria neglect the safety period between using pesticides and harvesting. It leads to dangerous conditions for the consumption of harvested crops. That’s why it is necessary to organize a special educational campaign to secure the farmers and local consumers.
The government regulations need to be upgraded accordingly to the current situation with banned pesticides in EU and world market. Since 2008 Nigeria made significant amendments in law system, but there are a lot of gaps between the rules and the real situation on the market.
The main part of consumed pesticides is imported in Nigeria and distributed by the local and international dealers. There are some domestic privately-owned producers of agrochemicals.
- Brief country profile: general information, economic indicators, business environment
- Agrochemicals and pesticides market overview: production and consumption of agrochemicals and pesticides, market trends, government regulations and market perspectives
- Foreign trade data including agrochemicals and pesticides export/import operations in Nigeria, main trade partners, prices
- Major manufacturers and suppliers of agrochemicals and pesticides in Nigeria
- Consumers within the sector and the purchase activity monitoring
- Your knowledge of the market in the country will expand significantly
- You will receive information about economic, governmental, political and social background of the market giving you an opportunity to analyse all the factors influencing the market
- You can boost sales of the company significantly by obtaining the market analysis
- Major market players’ contacts and profiles will be useful for partnership development and the assessment of the competitive environment
The report can be further elaborated by the following materials:
1.1. General characteristics
1.2. Economic review
2. AGROCHEMICALS AND PESTICIDES MARKET IN NIGERIA
2.1. Overview of agrochemicals and pesticides market
2.1.1. General characteristics of agrochemicals and pesticides
2.1.2. Production and consumption of pesticides in Nigeria
2.1.3. Pesticides Use for Cocoa Crop Protection in Nigeria
2.1.4. Pesticides regulation in Nigeria
2.2. Producers of agrochemicals and pesticides in Nigeria, including contact details and product range
3. NIGERIA’S FOREIGH TRADE IN AGROCHEMICALS AND PESTICIDES
3.1. Export and import of insecticides: volume, structure, dynamics
3.2. Export and import of fungicides: volume, structure, dynamics
3.3. Export and import of herbicides, anti-sprouting products and plant-growth regulators, put up in forms or packings-RS: volume, structure, dynamics
3.4. Export and import of other agrochemicals: volume, structure, dynamics
4. MAJOR WHOLESALERS AND TRADING COMPANIES IN NIGERIA
5. CONSUMERS OF AGROCHEMICALS AND PESTICIDES IN NIGERIAN MARKET
5.1. Downstream markets of Agrochemicals and Pesticides in Nigeria
5.2. Agrochemicals and Pesticides consumers in Nigeria
Please note that Agrochemicals and Pesticides Market in Nigeria: Business Report 2017 is a half ready publication. It only requires updating with the help of new data that are constantly retrieved from Publisher’s databases and other sources. This updating process takes 3-5 business days after order is placed. Thus, our clients always obtain a revised and updated version of each report. Please also note that we do not charge for such an updating procedure. BAC Reports has information for more than 25,000 different products available but it is impossible to have all reports updated immediately. That is why it takes 3-5 days to update a report after an order is received.
The report can be further expanded by the following materials:
- Nigeria: Country Business Profile 2017
Date: Jan, 2017 | Pages: 50 | Price: $300
This report is a comprehensive research about the conditions of doing business in Nigeria.
The first chapter of the report contains general information on Nigeria, including its geopolitical situation, administrative structure, political system and level of economic development. Special attention is delivered to peculiarities of negotiations conduct in Nigeria.
The second part of the report focuses on macroeconomic indexes of Nigeria: GDP scope and dynamics, industrial production volume, foreign trade analysis, investment climate in the country etc.