- The report contains detailed information about Warnaco Group Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Warnaco Group Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Warnaco Group Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Warnaco Group Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Warnaco Group Inc. business.
About Warnaco Group Inc.
The Warnaco Group, Inc. designs, sources, markets, licenses, and distributes a range of intimate apparel, sportswear, and swimwear worldwide. The companys products are sold under various brand names, including Calvin Klein, Speedo, Chaps, Warners and Olga.
The companys products are distributed domestically and internationally, primarily to wholesale customers through various distribution channels, including department stores, independent retailers, chain stores, membership clubs, specialty, and other stores, mass merchandisers and the Internet. In addition, the company distributes its Calvin Klein branded products through Calvin Klein retail stores, and as of January 2, 2010, the company operated 1,097 Calvin Klein retail stores worldwide (consisting of 131 full price free-standing stores, 109 outlet free-standing stores, 857 shop-in-shop/concession stores) and 3 on-line stores, such as SpeedoUSA.com, Calvinkleinjeans.com, and CKU.com. There were also 624 Calvin Klein retail stores operated by third parties under retail licenses or franchise and distributor agreements. The company owns and licenses a portfolio of brand names.
The company operates in three business groups, including Sportswear Group, Intimate Apparel Group, and Swimwear Group.
The Sportswear Group designs, sources and markets moderate to premium priced mens and womens jeanswear, sportswear and accessories. The Calvin Klein business includes mens and womens jeans and jeans-related products, including outerwear, knit and woven tops and shirts, jeans accessories in Europe and Asia and the CK Calvin Klein bridge line of sportswear and accessories in Europe.
In addition, the company has certain license agreements with Calvin Klein, Inc. (CKI), whereby, among other items, it acquired the rights to operate Calvin Klein jeans accessories retail stores in Europe, Asia and Latin America, as well as retail stores for Calvin Klein accessories in Europe. Additionally, the company acquired e-commerce rights in the Americas, Europe and Asia for Calvin Klein Jeans. The company also secured e-commerce rights in Europe, Asia and Latin America for Calvin Klein jeans accessories. It also secured the right to enter into a sublicense and distribution rights for Calvin Klein Golf apparel and golf related accessories in department stores, specialty stores and other channels in Asia.
The Sportswear Groups apparel products are distributed primarily through department stores, independent retailers, chain stores, membership clubs, mass merchandisers and, to a lesser extent, specialty stores. The Sportswear Group generally markets its products for four retail selling seasons (Spring, Summer, Fall, and Holiday). During 2009, the Sportswear Group had operations in the United States, Canada, Mexico, Central and South America, Europe, Asia, Australia, and South Africa. The Sportswear Groups products are entirely sourced from third-party suppliers worldwide.
Intimate Apparel Group
The Intimate Apparel Group designs, sources and markets upper moderate to premium priced intimate apparel and other products for women and better to premium priced mens underwear and loungewear. The Intimate Apparel Group targets a range of consumers and provides products across a range of price points.
The Calvin Klein Underwear womens lines consist primarily of womens underwear, bras, panties, daywear, loungewear and sleepwear. The Calvin Klein mens lines consist primarily of mens underwear, briefs, boxers, T-shirts, loungewear and sleepwear. The companys Intimate Apparel brands are distributed primarily through department stores, independent retailers, chain stores, membership clubs, Company operated retail stores, shop-in-shop/concession locations, stores operated under retail licenses or franchise and distributor agreements, the companys CKU.com Internet Web site and, to a lesser extent, specialty stores. The Intimate Apparel Groups Calvin Klein direct to consumer business has experienced
The Intimate Apparel Group generally markets its product lines for three retail-selling seasons (Spring, Fall, and Holiday). The Intimate Apparel Group has operations in North America (U.S., Canada and Mexico), Central and South America, Europe, Asia, Australia and South Africa. The Intimate Apparel Groups products are sourced entirely from third parties.
The Swimwear Group designs, sources, and markets swimwear, swim accessories and related products and sub-licenses the Speedo label to suppliers of apparel and other products. Speedo fitness and fashion swimwear and Speedo swimwear for children are distributed in the U.S., Mexico, Canada, and the Caribbean through department and specialty stores, independent retailers, chain stores, sporting goods stores, team dealers, catalog retailers, membership clubs and the companys SpeedoUSA.com Internet Web site. Speedo accessories, including swim goggles, water-based fitness products, electronics and other swim and fitness-related products for adults and children, are primarily distributed through sporting goods stores, chain stores, swim specialty shops, membership clubs and mass merchandisers.
The company designs, sources and sells a range of Calvin Klein fashion swimwear and beachwear for men and women. Calvin Klein swimwear is distributed through department stores and independent retailers in the U.S., Mexico, Canada and Europe. The Swimwear Group generally markets its products for three retail selling seasons (Cruise, Springm, and Summer). The Swimwear Group has operations in the U.S., Mexico, Canada, and Europe.
The companys products are distributed to department and specialty stores, independent retailers, chain stores and membership clubs in North America, Asia, Europe, South America, Australia, and South Africa. It offers a portfolio of brands across distribution channels to a range of customers.
The Warnaco Group, Inc. was founded in 1874.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. WARNACO GROUP INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. WARNACO GROUP INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. WARNACO GROUP INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. WARNACO GROUP INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. WARNACO GROUP INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Warnaco Group Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Warnaco Group Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Warnaco Group Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Warnaco Group Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Clothing, Textiles and Accessories Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Warnaco Group Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. WARNACO GROUP INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. WARNACO GROUP INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. WARNACO GROUP INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. WARNACO GROUP INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. WARNACO GROUP INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. WARNACO GROUP INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Warnaco Group Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Warnaco Group Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Warnaco Group Inc. Major Shareholders
Warnaco Group Inc. History
Warnaco Group Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Warnaco Group Inc. Offices and Representations
Warnaco Group Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Warnaco Group Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Warnaco Group Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Warnaco Group Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Clothing, Textiles and Accessories Industry Statistics
Warnaco Group Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Warnaco Group Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Warnaco Group Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Warnaco Group Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Warnaco Group Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Warnaco Group Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Warnaco Group Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Warnaco Group Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?