- The report contains detailed information about Volcom Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Volcom Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Volcom Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Volcom Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Volcom Inc. business.
About Volcom Inc.
Volcom, Inc. engages in the design, marketing, and distribution of young mens and young womens clothing, footwear, accessories and related products under the Volcom brand name. As of December 31, 2009, the company operated 13 full-price Volcom branded retail stores and licensed an additional 8 full-price stores. Additionally, it owns 2 multibrand Laguna Surf & Sport stores.
The company has six primary product categories: mens, girls, boys, footwear, girls swim, and snow. Its products include t-shirts, fleece, bottoms, tops, jackets, boardshorts, denim, outerwear, sandals, creedlers, girls swimwear and a collection of kids and boys clothing. It also sells accessories, such as hats, wallets, socks, belts, and bags to complement its clothing lines.
The company operates its own music and entertainment label, Volcom Entertainment, which identifies and signs musical artists and produces and distributes recordings in the form of CDs, digital downloads, vinyl LPs and wireless media worldwide through its retail accounts, music retailers and online distribution channels. It produces skateboarding, snowboarding and surfing films that feature its sponsored athletes through Veeco Productions, its film production division. Veeco has produced approximately 15 films including Alive We Ride, The Garden, Subjekt: Haakonsen, Magnaplasm, Chichagof, The Bruce Movie, and Escramble.
The company, with the acquisition of Electric Visual Evolution LLC, offers a line of sunglasses and goggles, as well as t-shirts, fleece and accessories under the Electric brand name.
The company's Volcom branded products are sold throughout the United States and in approximately 40 countries internationally by either it or international licensees. It serves the United States, Europe, Canada, Latin America, the Asia Pacific and Puerto Rico through its in-house sales personnel, independent sales representatives and distributors. It also licenses its brand in other areas of the world, including Australia, Indonesia, South Africa, and Brazil.
The companys retail customers are primarily consisted of specialty boardsports retailers and several retail chains. Some of these include 17th Street Surf, B.C. Surf, Below the Belt, Froghouse, HIC, Hotline, Huntington Surf & Sport, IG Performance, Jacks Surfboards, K5 Board Shop, Macys, Nordstrom, Pacific Sunwear, Ron Jons, Showcase, Snowboard Connection, Spyder, Sun Diego, Surfside Sports, The Room, Tillys, Town and Country, Val Surf, West Beach and Zumiez. The company's products are sold over the Internet through selected authorized online retailers.
The company's competitors include Quiksilver Inc., including the Quiksilver, Roxy and DC brands; Billabong International Limited, including the Billabong and Element brands; Burton; and Nike, including Nike related brands and Hurley.
The company was founded in 1991. It was formerly known as Stone Boardwear, Inc. and changed its name to Volcom, Inc. in 2005.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. VOLCOM INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. VOLCOM INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. VOLCOM INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. VOLCOM INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. VOLCOM INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Volcom Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Volcom Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Volcom Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Volcom Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Clothing, Textiles and Accessories Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Volcom Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. VOLCOM INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. VOLCOM INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. VOLCOM INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. VOLCOM INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. VOLCOM INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. VOLCOM INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Volcom Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Volcom Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Volcom Inc. Major Shareholders
Volcom Inc. History
Volcom Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Volcom Inc. Offices and Representations
Volcom Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Volcom Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Volcom Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Volcom Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Clothing, Textiles and Accessories Industry Statistics
Volcom Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Volcom Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Volcom Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Volcom Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Volcom Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Volcom Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Volcom Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Volcom Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?