- The report contains detailed information about Liz Claiborne Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Liz Claiborne Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Liz Claiborne Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Liz Claiborne Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Liz Claiborne Inc. business.
About Liz Claiborne Inc.
Liz Claiborne, Inc. engages in the design and marketing of a range of apparel and accessories worldwide. The company designs and markets a global portfolio of retail-based premium brands, including JUICY COUTURE, KATE SPADE, LUCKY BRAND, and MEXX. It also has a group of department store-based brands with consumer franchises, including the LIZ CLAIBORNE and MONET families of brands, MAC & JAC, KENSIE and DANA BUCHMAN and the licensed DKNY JEANS, DKNY ACTIVE, and DKNY MENS brands.
The company operates in three segments: Domestic-Based Direct Brands segment; International-Based Direct Brands segment; and Partnered Brands segment.
Domestic-Based Direct Brands segment
The Domestic-Based Direct Brands segment consists of the specialty retail, outlet, wholesale apparel, wholesale non-apparel (including accessories, jewelry and handbags), e-commerce and licensing operations of its three domestic, retail-based operating segments: JUICY COUTURE, KATE SPADE, and LUCKY BRAND.
JUICY COUTURE: The companys JUICY COUTURE brand offers luxurious, casual, and fun womens and childrens apparel, as well as accessories and jewelry under various JUICY COUTURE trademarks. JUICY COUTURE products are sold primarily through wholly-owned specialty retail and outlet stores, select upscale specialty retail stores, and department stores throughout the U.S., as well as through a network of distributors and owned and licensed retail stores in Asia, Canada, Europe, and the Middle East. In addition, JUICY COUTURE has existing licensing agreements for fragrances, footwear, optics, watches, swimwear, and baby products.
KATE SPADE: The companys KATE SPADE brand offers fashion products (accessories, apparel and jewelry) for women and men under the KATE SPADE and JACK SPADE trademarks, respectively. These products are sold primarily in the U.S. through wholly-owned specialty retail and outlet stores, select specialty retail and upscale department stores, through a network of distributors in Asia and through its e-commerce Web site, as well as through a joint venture in Japan. KATE SPADEs product line includes handbags, small leather goods, fashion accessories, jewelry, apparel, and fragrances. In addition, KATE SPADE has existing licensing agreements for footwear, optics, tabletop products, paper products, and strollers/rockers. JACK SPADE products include briefcases, travel bags, and small leather goods.
LUCKY BRAND: The companys LUCKY BRAND offers womens, mens, and childrens denim and casual sportswear, as well as accessories and jewelry, under various LUCKY BRAND trademarks. LUCKY BRAND products are available for sale at wholly-owned specialty retail and outlet stores in the U.S. and Canada, select department and better specialty stores, through distributors in the Middle East and Asia and its e-commerce Web site. In addition, LUCKY BRAND has existing licensing agreements for fragrances, neckwear, swimwear, hats, and footwear.
International-Based Direct Brands segment
The International-Based Direct Brands segment consists of the specialty retail, outlet, concession, wholesale apparel, wholesale non-apparel (including accessories, jewelry and handbags), e-commerce, and licensing operations of MEXX, its international, retail-based operating segment.
MEXX: The companys MEXX brand offers a range of mens, womens and childrens fashion apparel under various trademarks for sale outside of the U.S., principally in Europe and Canada. MEXX has existing licensing agreements for fragrances, eyewear, watches, bed and bath products, carpets, socks, stationery, and footwear.
Partnered Brands segment
The Partnered Brands segment consists of one operating segment, including the wholesale apparel, wholesale non-apparel, specialty retail, outlet, e-commerce, and licensing operations of its wholesale-based brands, including AXCESS, CLAIBORNE (mens), CONCEPTS BY CLAIBORNE, DANA BUCHMAN, KENSIE, LIZ & CO., LIZ CLAIBORNE, MAC & JAC, MARVELLA, MONET, TRIFARI and its licensed DKNY JEANS, DKNY ACTIVE and DKNY MENS brands.
LIZ CLAIBORNE FAMILY OF BRANDS
AXCESS offers fashion-forward mens and womens apparel and accessorie
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. LIZ CLAIBORNE INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. LIZ CLAIBORNE INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. LIZ CLAIBORNE INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. LIZ CLAIBORNE INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. LIZ CLAIBORNE INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Liz Claiborne Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Liz Claiborne Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Liz Claiborne Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Liz Claiborne Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Clothing, Textiles and Accessories Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Liz Claiborne Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. LIZ CLAIBORNE INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. LIZ CLAIBORNE INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. LIZ CLAIBORNE INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. LIZ CLAIBORNE INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. LIZ CLAIBORNE INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. LIZ CLAIBORNE INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Liz Claiborne Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Liz Claiborne Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Liz Claiborne Inc. Major Shareholders
Liz Claiborne Inc. History
Liz Claiborne Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Liz Claiborne Inc. Offices and Representations
Liz Claiborne Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Liz Claiborne Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Liz Claiborne Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Liz Claiborne Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Clothing, Textiles and Accessories Industry Statistics
Liz Claiborne Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Liz Claiborne Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Liz Claiborne Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Liz Claiborne Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Liz Claiborne Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Liz Claiborne Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Liz Claiborne Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Liz Claiborne Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?