- The report contains detailed information about Hanesbrands Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Hanesbrands Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Hanesbrands Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Hanesbrands Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Hanesbrands Inc. business.
About Hanesbrands Inc.
Hanesbrands Inc. operates as a consumer goods company. The companys apparel brands include Hanes, Champion, Playtex, Bali, Leggs, Just My Size, barely there, Wonderbra, Stedman, Outer Banks, Zorba, Rinbros, and Duofold. It designs, manufactures, sources, and sells a range of apparel essentials, such as T-shirts, bras, panties, mens underwear, kids underwear, casualwear, activewear, socks, and hosiery.
The companys segments include Innerwear, Outerwear, Hosiery, Direct to Consumer, and International.
The Innerwear segment focuses on core apparel essentials, and consists of products such as womens intimate apparel, mens underwear, kids underwear, and socks. The company serves in United States with its Hanes, Playtex, Bali, barely there, Just My Size, and Wonderbra brands. It also manufactures and markets mens underwear and kids underwear under the Hanes and Polo Ralph Lauren brand names.
Outerwear segment serves casualwear and activewear markets through its Hanes, Champion, and Just My Size and Duofold brands, where it offers products, such as T-shirts and fleece. Its casualwear lines offer clothing for men, women, and children marketed under the Hanes and Just My Size brands. The Just My Size brand offers casual apparel designed to meet the needs of plus-size women.
In addition to activewear for men and women, it provides uniforms for athletic programs and includes an apparel program, C9 by Champion, at Target stores. The company also licenses its Champion name for collegiate apparel and footwear. It also supplies T-shirts, sportshirts, and fleece products, including brands, such as Hanes, Champion, Outer Banks and Hanes Beefy-T, to customers, primarily wholesalers, who then resell to screen printers and embellishers.
The company offers womens sheer hosiery in the United States under its Leggs, Hanes, and Just My Size brands.
Direct to Consumer
The companys Direct to Consumer operations include its value-based (outlet) stores and Internet operations, which sell products from its portfolio of brands. It sells its branded products directly to consumers through its outlet stores, as well as its Web sites operating under the Hanes, One Hanes Place, Just My Size, and Champion names. The companys Internet operations are supported by its catalogs. As of January 2, 2010, the company had 228 outlet stores.
International includes products that span across the Innerwear, Outerwear, and Hosiery segments and are primarily marketed under the Hanes, Champion, Wonderbra, Playtex, Stedman, Zorba, Rinbros, Kendall, Sol y Oro, Bali and Ritmo brands. The company operates primarily in Latin America, Asia, Canada, Europe, South America, Japan, Mexico, Europe, and Brazil. It has sales offices in India and China.
In October 2009, the company completed the sale of its yarn operations as a result of which ceased making its own yarn and sources all of its yarn requirements from yarn suppliers.
The company has alliance with The Walt Disney Company by opening Disney Design-a-Tee presented by Hanes, a next-generation store for apparel souvenirs at the Walt Disney World Resort in Orlando, Florida, an interactive T-shirt design and printing store that enables Disney guests to improve their magical Disney experience with a personalized custom-designed Hanes T-shirt printed while they wait.
The companys customers are Wal-Mart Stores, Inc., Target Corporation, and Kohls Corporation.
The company competes with Fruit of the Loom, Inc., a subsidiary of Berkshire Hathaway Inc., Russell Corporation, Vanity Fair Intimates, Limited Brands, Inc., Jockey International, Inc., Warnaco Group Inc., Maidenform Brands, Inc., Gildan Activewear, Inc., and Gap Inc.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. HANESBRANDS INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. HANESBRANDS INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. HANESBRANDS INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. HANESBRANDS INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. HANESBRANDS INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Hanesbrands Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Hanesbrands Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Hanesbrands Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Hanesbrands Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Clothing, Textiles and Accessories Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Hanesbrands Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. HANESBRANDS INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. HANESBRANDS INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. HANESBRANDS INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. HANESBRANDS INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. HANESBRANDS INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. HANESBRANDS INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Hanesbrands Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Hanesbrands Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Hanesbrands Inc. Major Shareholders
Hanesbrands Inc. History
Hanesbrands Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Hanesbrands Inc. Offices and Representations
Hanesbrands Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Hanesbrands Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Hanesbrands Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Hanesbrands Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Clothing, Textiles and Accessories Industry Statistics
Hanesbrands Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Hanesbrands Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Hanesbrands Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Hanesbrands Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Hanesbrands Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Hanesbrands Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Hanesbrands Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Hanesbrands Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?