- The report contains detailed information about X5 Retail Group N.V. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for X5 Retail Group N.V.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The X5 Retail Group N.V. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes X5 Retail Group N.V. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of X5 Retail Group N.V. business.
About X5 Retail Group N.V.
X5 Retail Group N.V., a holding company, engages in the development and operation of grocery retail stores.
The company operates a retail chain of soft-discount and supermarket stores under the brand names Pyaterochka and Perekrestok in major population centers in Russia, including Moscow, St. Petersburg, Nizhniy Novgorod, Krasnodar, Kazan, Samara, Chelyabinsk, Ekaterinburg and Kiev, Ukraine.
As of December 31, 2007, the company operated 868 stores, including 674 soft discount stores, 179 supermarkets and 15 hypermarkets located primarily in the European part of Russia and the Urals, with total net selling space of approximately 609,210 square meters. Its franchisees operated 688 stores in Russia and Kazakhstan.
The companys soft discount stores offer, on average, 3,500 food and non-food SKUs. Its supermarkets offer, an average, 15,000 different food and non-food products. Its hypermarkets are divided into two segments: compact hypermarkets and full size hypermarkets. Compact hypermarkets offer, on average, 30,000 different food and non-food SKUs, while full size hypermarkets offer between 40,000 and 60,000 SKUs. The company operates 14 compact hypermarkets and one full size hypermarket. The company contracts with third parties to produce private label goods, which it then sells through its soft discount stores, supermarkets and hypermarkets.
The company and Aptechka Shopping Chain have reached an agreement to establish a JV for promotion of a pharmacy chain on commercial sites of Pyaterochka and Perekrestok stores.
In April 2009, X5 Retail Group N.V. announced that it has opened a new hypermarket Karusel in the Moscow district Teply Stan. Area of the store reaches 7,000 square metres. The assortment includes 25,000 names and 70% of them fall at foodstuffs.
In July 2009, X5 Retail Group N.V. announced the opening of its first national non-food distribution center (DC). The distribution center is located in the Moscow area and has storage capacity of 23 thousand square meters.
In September 2009, X5 Retail Group N.V. has opened the Perekrestok supermarket in Ekvator TTS in Reutov (the Moscow region). Its total area is 1,600 square meters, sales area - about 900 square meters.
On October 14, 2009, X5 Retail Group N.V. announced that it has launched a project to develop the company's online platform. X5 has entered into a joint venture agreement with experienced internet retailers and owners of online stores www.bolero.ru and www.003.ru. Bolero.ru and 003.ru are major Internet stores that have been building their presence in the Russian E-commerce market.
In December 2009, X5 Retail Group N.V. and Swiss chain Perfumes Planet Switzerland (PPS) has signed a partnership agreement. In accordance with the agreement, PPS and X5 would set up a joint venture that would develop perfume selling points adjacent to X5's food retail stores in Moscow, Saint-Petersburg, Nizhny Novgorod and respective regions.
The company identifies competition from Metro; Magnit; Auchan; Lenta; Kopeyka; Dixy Megamart; Minimart; Seventh Continent; Viktoria; OKey; Ramstore; Karusel; and Mosmart.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. X5 RETAIL GROUP N.V. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. X5 RETAIL GROUP N.V. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. X5 RETAIL GROUP N.V. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. X5 RETAIL GROUP N.V. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. X5 RETAIL GROUP N.V. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. X5 Retail Group N.V. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of X5 Retail Group N.V. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of X5 Retail Group N.V. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. X5 Retail Group N.V. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Retail Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. X5 Retail Group N.V. Industry Position Analysis
6. X5 RETAIL GROUP N.V. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. X5 RETAIL GROUP N.V. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. X5 RETAIL GROUP N.V. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. NETHERLANDS PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. X5 RETAIL GROUP N.V. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. X5 RETAIL GROUP N.V. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. X5 RETAIL GROUP N.V. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
X5 Retail Group N.V. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
X5 Retail Group N.V. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
X5 Retail Group N.V. Major Shareholders
X5 Retail Group N.V. History
X5 Retail Group N.V. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
X5 Retail Group N.V. Offices and Representations
X5 Retail Group N.V. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
X5 Retail Group N.V. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
X5 Retail Group N.V. Capital Market Snapshot
X5 Retail Group N.V. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Retail Industry Statistics
X5 Retail Group N.V. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
X5 Retail Group N.V. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
X5 Retail Group N.V. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
X5 Retail Group N.V. 1-year Stock Charts
X5 Retail Group N.V. 5-year Stock Charts
X5 Retail Group N.V. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
X5 Retail Group N.V. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
X5 Retail Group N.V. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?