- The report contains detailed information about Wm. Morrison Supermarkets plc that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Wm. Morrison Supermarkets plc. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Wm. Morrison Supermarkets plc financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Wm. Morrison Supermarkets plc competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Wm. Morrison Supermarkets plc business.
About Wm. Morrison Supermarkets plc
Morrison Supermarkets PLC (the company or Morrison) founded in 1899 operates supermarket chains. These supermarkets offer grocery, fresh foods, including salad bars, chilled prepared meals, and cake shops; frozen food; greeting cards; home and leisure products, including cookware, glassware, bedding, stationery and computer consumables, tableware, light-bulbs and candles, and baby accessories; CDs, cassettes, DVDs, and videos; skin care products, such as shampoos and shower gels, make-up, and hair colours; and vitamins and minerals, and medicines. The company operated 119 stores and 98 petrol filling stations, as of by February 2, 2003.
The Company has 123 Morrisons supermarkets - from Erith in the South to Carlisle in the North, and across, Yorkshire, Lincolnshire, East Anglia, the Midlands, Lancashire, Cheshire, and into Wales. 102 sites have petrol filling stations and 110 stores have customer cafés serving hot meals and snacks.
More than 20,000 different products are displayed in the companys stores. As well as many favourite top brand names, there is an extensive own label range. Morrisons own brand products offer quality and value across the whole weekly shop.
Farmers Boy, is the companys own purpose built fresh food factory, producing pizzas, pies, cooked meats and sausages, as well as packing cheese and bacon. Morrison Produce Limited buys, packs and distributes all the fruit and vegetables sold in its stores. Fresh produce is delivered into the companys temperature-controlled warehouses and packing plants in Cheshire and Yorkshire, for onward dispatch to its stores nationwide.
The Company has everything from canned peaches to organic flour, tins of tuna to tortilla chips.
From milk and juice, to yogurts and ready meals, the companys range of products are the freshest available.
Frozen food is available at Morrisons freezer section. From healthy eating options to indulgent puddings, the customer gets everything to make a meal in minutes and within budget.
Home & Leisure
The Companys Home & Leisure includes paint and DIY essentials, to scented candles and greeting cards. Home and Leisure department offers a range of gifts at Christmas, gardening specials in the summer and toy sales throughout the year.
Music & Video
From chart topping CDs to classical cassettes, the company offers the very best in music at prices that everyone can afford.
Health & Beauty
The company has a constantly improving range of health and beauty products in every Morrisons store. From shampoos and shower gels, to bright make-up and bold hair colours, the company has got everything the customer needs to keep them fresh, pampered and looking great. And, the company has a full range of vitamins and minerals, medicines and remedies.
Market Street is Morrisons collection of specialist fresh food counters. The Company offers Fish Monger, Oven Fresh, Family Butcher, Fresh Pizzas, The Pie Shop, Salads and sandwiches, Family Baker, Takeaway, Provisions, Greengrocer, Wines and Spirits and Café.
Along with the more popular varieties, like cod, plaice and salmon, the companys fish counters also provide some more unusual ones. There are over 40 different fish to choose from.
The Company offers whole chickens, chicken portions, spare ribs and a wide variety of other tasty hot foods.
The company offers a full range of the finest quality meats, from traditional pork chops to the juiciest steaks.
The Companys pizzas are freshly prepared in-store, there's a variety of toppings available, from family favourites such as ham and pineapple or pepperoni, to spicy chicken and tasty vegetable. And the customer can choose among three bases - Sicilian-style square, deep pan or thin and crispy.
The Pie Shop
The Company offers filling steak and kidney, a tasty creamy chicken, a juicy apple pie, which are freshly-baked all day, every day on Market Street.
Salads and sandwiches
From grated carrot and red onion to Mediterranean pasta with tuna, the companys salads are prepared fresh every day.
The Company offers farmhouse loaf - one of the many baked from scratch in-store with cream cakes, cookies baked in store, muffins and doughnuts.
The Company offers tangy Sweet & Sour Chicken, a red hot Vindaloo and spicy Mexican Chilli Con Carne at Morrisons Takeaway.
The Company offers a range of cooked meats, quiches, bacon and pies at its Provisions counter. From delicious mature cheddar to creamy stilton and brie, the company offers the customer a cheese-board full of treats.
The Companys extensive range of around 500 fruits and vegetables offer top quality at outstanding value for money.
Wines and Spirits
The Company offers over 400 different quality wines from around the world, 300 beers, lagers and ciders and over 200 spirits and liqueurs.
The Company offers a tasty plate of fish and chips, add a touch of spice with Chicken Tikka, or coffee and a cream cake while the kids can tuck into a fun Kids Club meal.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. WM. MORRISON SUPERMARKETS PLC COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. WM. MORRISON SUPERMARKETS PLC BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. WM. MORRISON SUPERMARKETS PLC SWOT ANALYSIS
4. WM. MORRISON SUPERMARKETS PLC FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. WM. MORRISON SUPERMARKETS PLC COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Wm. Morrison Supermarkets plc Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Wm. Morrison Supermarkets plc and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Wm. Morrison Supermarkets plc and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Wm. Morrison Supermarkets plc Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Retail Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Wm. Morrison Supermarkets plc Industry Position Analysis
6. WM. MORRISON SUPERMARKETS PLC NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. WM. MORRISON SUPERMARKETS PLC EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. WM. MORRISON SUPERMARKETS PLC ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UK PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. WM. MORRISON SUPERMARKETS PLC IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. WM. MORRISON SUPERMARKETS PLC PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. WM. MORRISON SUPERMARKETS PLC VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Wm. Morrison Supermarkets plc Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Wm. Morrison Supermarkets plc Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Wm. Morrison Supermarkets plc Major Shareholders
Wm. Morrison Supermarkets plc History
Wm. Morrison Supermarkets plc Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Wm. Morrison Supermarkets plc Offices and Representations
Wm. Morrison Supermarkets plc SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Wm. Morrison Supermarkets plc Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Wm. Morrison Supermarkets plc Capital Market Snapshot
Wm. Morrison Supermarkets plc Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Retail Industry Statistics
Wm. Morrison Supermarkets plc Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Wm. Morrison Supermarkets plc Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Wm. Morrison Supermarkets plc Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Wm. Morrison Supermarkets plc 1-year Stock Charts
Wm. Morrison Supermarkets plc 5-year Stock Charts
Wm. Morrison Supermarkets plc vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Wm. Morrison Supermarkets plc vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Wm. Morrison Supermarkets plc Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?