- The report contains detailed information about Wireless Age Communications Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Wireless Age Communications Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Wireless Age Communications Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Wireless Age Communications Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Wireless Age Communications Inc. business.
About Wireless Age Communications Inc.
Wireless Age Communications, Inc., through its subsidiaries, provides wireless telecommunications systems products and service solutions to carriers, wholesalers, distributors, retailers, and end-users in Western Canada.
The companys products and services include mobile and fixed voice and data communication services, phone and data devices and accessories, land mobile, microwave and PCS/Cellular radio equipment, components and test equipment used by operators and manufacturers of wireless equipment, and power and battery supplies.
The company operates in two segments: Retail and Commercial. The Retail segment comprises the operations of Wireless Age Communications, Ltd. (Wireless Age). The Commercial segment comprises the operations of Prime Wireless Corporation, Prime Battery Products Limited, and Wireless Source Distribution, Ltd. (Wireless Source).
The company operates nine retail stores and business communications service centers under the name The Wireless Age in Western Canada. This business unit sells cellular phones and accessories, wireless handheld devices, such as the Blackberry, satellite phones and two-way radios and other wireless devices, and pre-paid cards. The operation receives activation fees and a residual percentage of the cellular bills of the subscribers it activates and has under management. The Wireless Age activates and signs up subscribers for other services, including high speed internet, digital television and landline based telephone, and security services.
Wireless Source, part of the companys Commercial business segment, distributes prepaid phone cards, wireless accessories, land mobile radios, batteries, and ancillary electronics products throughout Canada. It has sales personnel across the country and warehouse facilities in Regina. Wireless Source has an agreement with Vertex-Standard, Inc., a company operating in the Land Mobile Radio (LMR) business worldwide. This unit serves two distinct dealer communities: PCS dealers (mobile phone stores) and Land Mobile Radio (LMR) dealers (two-way radio shops).
Wireless Age Communications, Ltd. operates nine retail cellular and telecommunications stores located in Western Canada.
Wireless Source Distribution, Ltd. distributes prepaid cellular phone cards in Saskatchewan, and various cellular and land mobile radio accessories in Western Canada.
Prime Wireless Corporation is the exclusive representative of Vertex Standard U.S.A. Inc. in Canada. Vertex Standard manufactures land mobile radio products and accessories.
Retail Acquisition GL Enns
In November 2007, the companys majority owned subsidiary, Wireless Age Communications, Ltd. acquired the wireless retail business assets of G.L. Enns Electronics, a sole proprietorship of Gordon Enns. The assets include an MTS Connect Store in Selkirk Plaza, Selkirk, Manitoba, including, residuals, commissions, customer database, and other intellectual property. GL Enns has 3,300 active cellular clients in Manitoba generating residuals.
Dispositions: On March 2007, the company disposed Knowlton Pass Electronics, Inc.
In 2007, the company discontinued mmwave Technologies, Inc.
Acquisitions: In March 2008, the company acquired Callmore Communications, Inc.
The companys competitors include AT&T Wireless; Telus Mobility; Jump.ca; Prairie Mobility; SaskTel Corporate; IDC Communications; Elite Communications; Advance Electronics; 4L Communications; and MTS Corporate.
The company was incorporated in 2000 as Lennoc Ventures, Inc. and changed its name to Wireless Age Communications, Inc. in 2002.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. WIRELESS AGE COMMUNICATIONS INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. WIRELESS AGE COMMUNICATIONS INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. WIRELESS AGE COMMUNICATIONS INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. WIRELESS AGE COMMUNICATIONS INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. WIRELESS AGE COMMUNICATIONS INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Wireless Age Communications Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Wireless Age Communications Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Wireless Age Communications Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Wireless Age Communications Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Retail Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Wireless Age Communications Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. WIRELESS AGE COMMUNICATIONS INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. WIRELESS AGE COMMUNICATIONS INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. WIRELESS AGE COMMUNICATIONS INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. CANADA PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. WIRELESS AGE COMMUNICATIONS INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. WIRELESS AGE COMMUNICATIONS INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. WIRELESS AGE COMMUNICATIONS INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Wireless Age Communications Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Wireless Age Communications Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Wireless Age Communications Inc. Major Shareholders
Wireless Age Communications Inc. History
Wireless Age Communications Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Wireless Age Communications Inc. Offices and Representations
Wireless Age Communications Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Wireless Age Communications Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Wireless Age Communications Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Wireless Age Communications Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Retail Industry Statistics
Wireless Age Communications Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Wireless Age Communications Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Wireless Age Communications Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Wireless Age Communications Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Wireless Age Communications Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Wireless Age Communications Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Wireless Age Communications Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Wireless Age Communications Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?