- The report contains detailed information about Wesfarmers Ltd. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Wesfarmers Ltd.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Wesfarmers Ltd. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Wesfarmers Ltd. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Wesfarmers Ltd. business.
About Wesfarmers Ltd.
Wesfarmers Limited engages in the hardware retailing, coal mining, gas processing and distribution, industrial and safety product distribution, insurance, chemicals and fertilizers manufacture and rail transport businesses.
The company operates its business in six segments: Hardware; Energy, including Coal and Gas and power; Industrial and safety; Insurance; Chemicals and fertilizers; and other activities.
Bunnings: Bunnings operates as a retailer of home and garden improvement products and building materials, supplying the do-it-yourself customers, builders and contractors in Australia and New Zealand. Bunnings operates approximately 210 stores across all states and territories of Australia and both islands in New Zealand.
WA Salvage: WA Salvage Pty, Ltd specializes in selling a discounted building materials and bargain variety merchandise and purchases products in bulk, including downgraded, superseded and liquidated stock.
The company operates 125 Warehouses, 85 Traditional stores, and 18WA Salvage stores.
The companys Energy segment comprises three coal businesses, three gas businesses, a power business and support activities. The coal interests are the Curragh mine in Queenslands Bowen Basin (coking coal for export markets and steam coal for domestic markets), the Premier Coal mine at Collie in Western Australias south-west (steam coal for domestic markets), and a 40% interest in the Bengalla mine in the Hunter Valley of New South Wales (steam coal for both export and domestic markets). Energys gas and power businesses are Wesfarmers Kleenheat Gas Pty Ltd (LPG distribution and marketing), Wesfarmers LPG Pty Ltd (LPG production) a 40 per cent interest in Air Liquide WA Pty Ltd (industrial and medical gases) and Energy Generation Pty Ltd (power generation for regional areas).
Curragh, Queensland: Wesfarmers operates the Curragh mine situated 200 kilometres west of Rockhampton in Queenslands Bowen Basin. The mine produces around seven million tonnes of coking and steam coal annually. Export coking coal is transported 300 kilometres by rail to the Port of Gladstone where it is shipped to customers in Japan, South Korea, South-East Asia, and Europe. Curraghs steam coal is produced for domestic power generation and transported by rail directly to both the Stanwell Power Station near Rockhampton and the Gladstone Power Station. Wesfarmers is working on the development of Curragh North, which would double the recoverable coal reserves available.
Premier, Western Australia: The Premier Coal open-cut mine near Collie, 200 kilometres south of Perth, produces around 3.5 million tonnes of coal per annum. The coal is mainly sold under long-term contract to its major customer, the state government-owned Western Power, for domestic power generation. Premier Coal also supplies the mineral sands processing industry in Western Australia. Premier Coals product is low in ash and sulphur content and is methane-free, providing a comparable emissions profile to that of natural gas in Western Australia.
Bengalla, New South Wales: Wesfarmers has a 40% interest in the Bengalla open-cut coal mining joint venture, situated at Muswellbrook in the Hunter Valley in New South Wales. Coal and Allied manages the operation, which is capable of producing approximately six million tons of steam coal for both domestic and export purposes.
Kleenheat: Kleenheat Gas is a major distributor and marketer of liquefied petroleum gas (LPG) and gas appliances to domestic, commercial, autogas, and industrial customers. Kleenheat Gas operates through an extensive Australia-wide network of depots, company-owned branches, dealers, agents and franchisees. Kleenheat Gas has a 50% interest in the Unigas joint venture, which supplies autogas to service stations in all mainland States and Territories of Australia, except Western Australia. Other activities include liquefied natural gas (LNG) operations and LPG distribution in Bangladesh.
Wesfarmers LPG: Wesfarmers LPG owns and operates a plant in Kwinana, Western Australia, which extracts propane and butane from the natural gas stream flowing from We
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. WESFARMERS LTD. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. WESFARMERS LTD. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. WESFARMERS LTD. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. WESFARMERS LTD. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. WESFARMERS LTD. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Wesfarmers Ltd. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Wesfarmers Ltd. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Wesfarmers Ltd. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Wesfarmers Ltd. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Retail Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Wesfarmers Ltd. Industry Position Analysis
6. WESFARMERS LTD. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. WESFARMERS LTD. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. WESFARMERS LTD. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. AUSTRALIA PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. WESFARMERS LTD. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. WESFARMERS LTD. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. WESFARMERS LTD. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Wesfarmers Ltd. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Wesfarmers Ltd. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Wesfarmers Ltd. Major Shareholders
Wesfarmers Ltd. History
Wesfarmers Ltd. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Wesfarmers Ltd. Offices and Representations
Wesfarmers Ltd. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Wesfarmers Ltd. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Wesfarmers Ltd. Capital Market Snapshot
Wesfarmers Ltd. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Retail Industry Statistics
Wesfarmers Ltd. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Wesfarmers Ltd. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Wesfarmers Ltd. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Wesfarmers Ltd. 1-year Stock Charts
Wesfarmers Ltd. 5-year Stock Charts
Wesfarmers Ltd. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Wesfarmers Ltd. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Wesfarmers Ltd. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?