- The report contains detailed information about Waxman Industries Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Waxman Industries Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Waxman Industries Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Waxman Industries Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Waxman Industries Inc. business.
About Waxman Industries Inc.
Waxman Industries, Inc. (the company) is a supplier of specialty plumbing, floor and surface protection and other hardware products to the repair and remodeling market in the United States. The Company also distributes its products to non-U.S. countries through its operations based in Asia, primarily to wholesale distributors, industrial and O.E.M. customers. The Company distributes its products to approximately 700 customers, including a wide variety of national and regional retailers, independent retail customers and wholesalers.
The Company conducts its business primarily through its wholly-owned subsidiaries, Waxman Consumer Products Group Inc. (Consumer Products), WAMI Sales, Inc. (WAMI Sales) and TWI, International, Inc. Consumer Products, the Company's operation, is a supplier of specialty plumbing, floor and surface protection and other hardware products to a wide variety of large retailers. WAMI Sales distributes galvanized, black, chrome and brass pipe nipples and fittings to industrial and wholesale distributors. TWI, International, Inc. includes TWI International Taiwan Inc. and its sales operation, TWI and CWI manufacture, package, source and assembles product purchased by Consumer Products and non-affiliated businesses.
Consumer Products actively markets and distributes approximately 3,000 products to a wide variety of retailers, primarily do-it-yourself (D-I-Y) warehouse home centers, home improvement centers and mass merchandisers. Consumer Products' customers include large national retailers such as Wal-Mart, Kmart, Lowe's and Sears, as well as several regional D-I-Y retailers such as Meijers, Fred Meyers and Menards.
Plumbing Products: Consumer Products' plumbing repair products include toilet repair, sink and faucet repair, water supply repair, drain repair, shower and bath repair, hose and pipe repair, and connection repair. Consumer Products also offers proprietary lines of faucets under the trade name AquaLife® and a line of shower and bath accessories under the proprietary trade name Spray Sensations®. Consumer Products' product line also includes a full line of valves and fittings, rubber products and tubular products such as traps and elbows. Many of Consumer Products' plumbing products are sold under the proprietary trade names Plumbcraft® and PlumbKing. In addition, Consumer Products offers certain of its customers the option of private label programs.
Floor and Surface Protective Hardware Products: Consumer Products' floor and surface protective hardware products include casters, doorstops, and other floor, furniture, felt and rubber surface protective and wall protective items. Consumer Products markets a complete line of floor and surface protective hardware products under the proprietary trade name SoftTouch and also under private labels.
In the shower category Consumer Products has repackaged and re-named its shower product line with eye catching graphics targeted to the female consumer. In addition, new shower products with the features and functions desired most by consumers have been added. Consumer Products has also developed a new line of luxury shower products targeted for placement in home stores and with mass merchandisers. This line has unique product features with designer packaging that will command premium yet affordable pricing.
EZ Mount®, a unique self adhering, non marking, reusable product that sticks on any surface, will be launched in the fall of 2002. This exciting new product line with dozens of decorating, mounting and communications uses, has specifically been targeted for office supply stores, mass retailers, home stores and specialty toy stores.
EZ Caster®, is a unique self stick caster that requires no tools for installation and has a locking mechanism that is designed to fit a number of surfaces and will not scratch hardwood or vinyl floors. EZ Z9 9 Caster is targeted for placement in office supply retailers, mass retailers, big box stores and home stores.
Other Domestic Operations
WAMI Sales distributes pipe nipples, fittings and other products to industrial supply and wholesale operations throughout the United States and, to a lesser extent, Canada. It distributes approximately 2,000 products to approximately 560 customers through its own sales force and through outside sales representative organizations. WAMI Sales utilizes foreign suppliers, principally from Asia, to supply the products it distributes.
The Company conducts its foreign operations through TWI, International, Inc. including TWI in Taiwan and CWI in Mainland China. TWI and CWI manufacture, package, source and assemble product purchased by Consumer Products and non-affiliated businesses. These businesses were initially intended to support Consumer Products and other affiliated companies, but they have also developed their own base of non-affiliated companies.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. WAXMAN INDUSTRIES INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. WAXMAN INDUSTRIES INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. WAXMAN INDUSTRIES INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. WAXMAN INDUSTRIES INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. WAXMAN INDUSTRIES INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Waxman Industries Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Waxman Industries Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Waxman Industries Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Waxman Industries Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Wholesale and Distribution Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Waxman Industries Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. WAXMAN INDUSTRIES INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. WAXMAN INDUSTRIES INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. WAXMAN INDUSTRIES INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. WAXMAN INDUSTRIES INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. WAXMAN INDUSTRIES INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. WAXMAN INDUSTRIES INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Waxman Industries Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Waxman Industries Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Waxman Industries Inc. Major Shareholders
Waxman Industries Inc. History
Waxman Industries Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Waxman Industries Inc. Offices and Representations
Waxman Industries Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Waxman Industries Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Waxman Industries Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Waxman Industries Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Wholesale and Distribution Industry Statistics
Waxman Industries Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Waxman Industries Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Waxman Industries Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Waxman Industries Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Waxman Industries Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Waxman Industries Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Waxman Industries Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Waxman Industries Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?