- The report contains detailed information about The Walking Company Holdings, Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for The Walking Company Holdings, Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The The Walking Company Holdings, Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes The Walking Company Holdings, Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of The Walking Company Holdings, Inc. business.
About The Walking Company Holdings, Inc.
Big Dog Holdings, Inc. engages in the development and marketing of apparel and other consumer products through company-operated retail stores located in the United States. The companys subsidiaries include Big Dog Sportswear (Big Dogs) and The Walking Company (TWC).
The company operates in two segments: Big Dogs and TWC.
Business of BIG DOGS
Big Dogs offer a collection of consumer products, including active wear, casual sportswear, accessories and gifts for men and women of all ages. BIG DOGS is an All-American, family-oriented brand. The BIG DOGS brand is designed to appeal to men, women and children of all ages, especially when they are engaged in leisure or recreational activities.
The company develops apparel products, which include a variety of basic apparel and related products. These apparel products include graphic T-shirts, shorts, knit and woven shirts, fleece items, loungewear and boxer shorts. In addition to its BIG DOGS line of activewear and casual sportswear for men and women, the company has a LITTLE BIG DOGS line of infants' and children's apparel and a BIG BIG DOGS line of big-size apparel. The company also sells a line of non-apparel products, including plush animals, stationery and pet products, which feature Big Dog graphics and are developed to complement the companys apparel.
BIG DOGS is sold through 145 company-owned stores and through its customer-direct business of catalog and online sales.
The companys apparel lines include full collections of classic unisex casual sportswear and activewear for adults and for big sizes, as well as collections for infants and children.
Adult Apparel and Accessories: Big Dogs sells a line of adult unisex activewear and casual sportswear. The company offers screen-printed and embroidered T-shirts and sweatshirts, in a variety of styles and colors that display the Big Dogs graphics and slogans. In addition, the company offers shorts, knit and woven casual shirts, fleece tops and bottoms, loungewear, boxer shorts, swimwear and sleepwear, all of which feature print designs or the BIG DOGS name and/or dog logo. Adult apparel line primarily focuses on basic items that recur with relatively minor variation from season-to-season and year-to-year.
Big-Size Apparel: BIG BIG DOGS category offers a line of unisex activewear and casual sportswear. This category features screen-printed and embroidered T-shirts and sweatshirts, in a variety of styles and colors that display the BIG DOGS graphic themes and slogans. In addition, the company offers shorts, knit and woven casual and sports shirts, fleece tops and bottoms, loungewear, boxer shorts, swimwear and sleepwear, which may feature print designs or simply the BIG DOGS name and/or dog logo.
Infants and Childrens Apparel and Accessories: The LITTLE BIG DOGS line includes infants, toddlers, kids and youth sizes. Products in this line include graphic T-shirts, shirts, fleece items, infant and toddler one-pieces, boxer shorts, dresses and shorts, all of which feature distinctive graphics.
Business of TWC
TWC is a chain of specialty retail stores selling technically designed comfort footwear and accessories to both men and women, including such brands as ECCO, Mephisto, Dansko, Merrell and Pikolinos.
The TWC product line features branded comfort footwear and accessories. The professional comfort line focuses on working professionals who spend long hours on their feet. The dress comfort line includes formal styles. The sport & active comfort line combines function and performance with style and design to create products that fit an active lifestyle. The casual comfort line includes comfort footwear for casual, everyday use. TWC also sells accessories that are designed to add to the comfort of the walking experience. During spring/summer, the focus shifts toward sandals. During the fall/winter, the focus shifts toward boots, slippers and all-weather footwear.
Retail Stores: As of December 31, 2006, the company operated a total of 151 stores in 37 states and the District of Columbia.
Big Dogs, within each merchandise category, competes with apparel and specialty retail companies such as The GAP and Eddie Bauer and The Disney Stores.
Big Dog Holdings, Inc. was founded in 1992.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. THE WALKING COMPANY HOLDINGS, INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. THE WALKING COMPANY HOLDINGS, INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. THE WALKING COMPANY HOLDINGS, INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. THE WALKING COMPANY HOLDINGS, INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. THE WALKING COMPANY HOLDINGS, INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. The Walking Company Holdings, Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of The Walking Company Holdings, Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of The Walking Company Holdings, Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. The Walking Company Holdings, Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Retail Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. The Walking Company Holdings, Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. THE WALKING COMPANY HOLDINGS, INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. THE WALKING COMPANY HOLDINGS, INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. THE WALKING COMPANY HOLDINGS, INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. THE WALKING COMPANY HOLDINGS, INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. THE WALKING COMPANY HOLDINGS, INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. THE WALKING COMPANY HOLDINGS, INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
The Walking Company Holdings, Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
The Walking Company Holdings, Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
The Walking Company Holdings, Inc. Major Shareholders
The Walking Company Holdings, Inc. History
The Walking Company Holdings, Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
The Walking Company Holdings, Inc. Offices and Representations
The Walking Company Holdings, Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
The Walking Company Holdings, Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
The Walking Company Holdings, Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
The Walking Company Holdings, Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Retail Industry Statistics
The Walking Company Holdings, Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
The Walking Company Holdings, Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
The Walking Company Holdings, Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
The Walking Company Holdings, Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
The Walking Company Holdings, Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
The Walking Company Holdings, Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
The Walking Company Holdings, Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
The Walking Company Holdings, Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?