- The report contains detailed information about Vertical Branding, Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Vertical Branding, Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Vertical Branding, Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Vertical Branding, Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Vertical Branding, Inc. business.
About Vertical Branding, Inc.
Vertical Branding, Inc. operates as a consumer products company. The company sells household, beauty and personal care products. In addition to its consumer products business, VBIs operations include a second, non-integrated business segment which entails the ownership and leasing of certain real estate holdings in Granby, Connecticut.
Products and Services
Consumer Products segment
As of March 31, 2008, the company is markets and sells 14 products under seven 7 product lines, of which the company owns 3 product lines (comprising 6 products) and has licenses or distribution rights to 4 product lines (comprising 8 products). Most of these products are beauty and household products. The list of its product lines for which the company has significant ongoing sales:
StarMaker Beauty Line, which is comprised of various beauty products used in the entertainment industry and developed by Starmaker Products, with whom the company has a 2-year distribution arrangement. Among the products included in the line are PEARL Mist, an advanced anti-wrinkle moisturizing treatment, as well as Hollywood Hands, Overnight Sensation, and Pearlabrasion.
Hercules Hook, a hook for hanging items on walls, for which in August 2006, the company entered into a three-year marketing and distribution rights agreement.
Extreme Beam - During 2005, Adsouth Partners internally developed and marketed this line of LED flashlights branded as the Extreme Beam Flashlight, which the company acquired as part of its purchase of the consumer products assets of Adsouth Partners.
MyPlace A portable, folding laptop computer table; EZ Foldz A patented folding step stool; ZorbEEZ - a brand of super-absorbent, non-woven, chamois-like cloths for a variety of household uses; and Steam Buddy A portable electric steamer used to take the wrinkles out of clothing, furniture and household fabrics.
Real Estate segment
The company owns a 49% percent interest in Gateway Granby, LLC, a limited liability company that owns and operates an office building in East Granby, Connecticut. The office building contains approximately 52,000 square feet of rentable space and is located on 7.7 developable acres. As of March 31, 2008, approximately 62% of the available office space is rented to tenants under multi-year leases. The remaining 38% of the East Granby Propertys rentable space is vacant.
The companys retailer customers include Wal-Mart, Bed Bath and Beyond, Target, Linens n Things, RiteAid and CVS Pharmacies. It also sells products to domestic downstream customers such as HSN, QVC, catalogues and others.
Consumer Products segment: The companys competitors are Guthy-Renker, Thane International, Inc., Sylmark, Inc., and Tristar Products, Inc. The companys products compete with products of large and small companies, including The Proctor & Gamble Company, Johnson & Johnson, and Revlon, Inc.
Vertical Branding, Inc. was founded in 2004.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. VERTICAL BRANDING, INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. VERTICAL BRANDING, INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. VERTICAL BRANDING, INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. VERTICAL BRANDING, INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. VERTICAL BRANDING, INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Vertical Branding, Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Vertical Branding, Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Vertical Branding, Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Vertical Branding, Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Wholesale and Distribution Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Vertical Branding, Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. VERTICAL BRANDING, INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. VERTICAL BRANDING, INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. VERTICAL BRANDING, INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. VERTICAL BRANDING, INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. VERTICAL BRANDING, INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. VERTICAL BRANDING, INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Vertical Branding, Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Vertical Branding, Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Vertical Branding, Inc. Major Shareholders
Vertical Branding, Inc. History
Vertical Branding, Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Vertical Branding, Inc. Offices and Representations
Vertical Branding, Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Vertical Branding, Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Vertical Branding, Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Vertical Branding, Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Wholesale and Distribution Industry Statistics
Vertical Branding, Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Vertical Branding, Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Vertical Branding, Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Vertical Branding, Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Vertical Branding, Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Vertical Branding, Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Vertical Branding, Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Vertical Branding, Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?