- The report contains detailed information about Universal Power Group Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Universal Power Group Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Universal Power Group Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Universal Power Group Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Universal Power Group Inc. business.
About Universal Power Group Inc.
Universal Power Group, Inc. engages in the supply and distribution of batteries and related power accessories. The company also provides third-party logistics services.
The company sells, distributes, and markets batteries and related power accessories under various manufacturer brands, private labels, and its own proprietary brands. The companys principal product lines include batteries of various chemistries, battery chargers, and related accessories; portable battery-powered products, such as jump starters and 12-volt DC power accessories; and security system components, such as alarm panels, perimeter access controls, horns, sirens, speakers, transformers, cable, and wire.
Third Party Logistics
The company is also a third-party logistics services provider specializing in supply chain management and value-added services. Its supply chain management services include inventory sourcing, procurement, warehousing, and fulfillment. The companys value-added services include custom battery pack assembly, custom kitting, private labeling, product development and engineering, graphic design, and sales and marketing.
PRODUCTS AND SERVICES
The company is a domestic distributor of sealed, or maintenance-free, lead-acid batteries (SLA batteries), absorbent glass mat, and gel batteries, which have been designated as non-hazardous by the U.S. Department of Transportation. The company maintains an inventory of UPG-branded and private-label SLA batteries that it sells to retailers and distributors for consumer and industrial applications, and to original equipment manufacturers. The companys SLA batteries cater to a range of markets, including automotive, trailer, security, marine, medical mobility, hunting and solar. Its Adventure Power product line is a line of powersport batteries for the outdoor recreational and sporting markets, which includes motorcycles, jet skis, ATVs, and snowmobiles.
The company also stocks and distributes a range of UPG-branded and private-label batteries of most chemistries, including nickel-cadmium, lithium, lithium polymer, nickel metal hydride, alkaline, and carbon-zinc batteries, which are used primarily in consumer electronic products. The companys proprietary brands include the names Universal Battery, Universal, and Adventure Power. It offers value-added custom battery pack assembly services.
The company also offers power accessories, such as battery chargers, jump-starters, 12-volt power accessories, and solar panels. To complement its battery offerings, it has a line of power inverters, battery chargers, and maintainers for various applications, such as automotive, marine, hunting, motorcycles, and medical scooters. The company also offers tailored charging solutions for specialized applications.
The companys line of jump-starters, branded Starter-Up, are portable sources of 12-volt DC power used primarily as emergency starting power sources on failed automobile and marine batteries. These jump-starters may be used to power various accessories, including cell phones, laptops, and radios sold to various retailers. Under its licensing agreement with Eveready Battery Company/Energizer, the company developed and is marketing and selling Energizer-branded automotive battery chargers and maintainers, automotive jump-starters and power inverters.
The company also has a line of break-away kits for trailers and its 12-volt DC accessory line which includes electric auto jacks, impact wrenches, cordless air compressors, spotlights, and others that plug into cigarette lighter sockets or any 12-volt DC power source. The companys renewable power products include solar panels, chargers and kits for use in various applications, including outdoor recreational activities, such as hunting and camping.
The company carries a line of residential and commercial security products including alarm panels, perimeter access controls, transformers, sirens, horns, wire and cable, and other related products.
Inventory sourcing and procurement: The company sources pro
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. UNIVERSAL POWER GROUP INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. UNIVERSAL POWER GROUP INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. UNIVERSAL POWER GROUP INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. UNIVERSAL POWER GROUP INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. UNIVERSAL POWER GROUP INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Universal Power Group Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Universal Power Group Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Universal Power Group Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Universal Power Group Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Wholesale and Distribution Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Universal Power Group Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. UNIVERSAL POWER GROUP INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. UNIVERSAL POWER GROUP INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. UNIVERSAL POWER GROUP INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. UNIVERSAL POWER GROUP INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. UNIVERSAL POWER GROUP INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. UNIVERSAL POWER GROUP INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Universal Power Group Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Universal Power Group Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Universal Power Group Inc. Major Shareholders
Universal Power Group Inc. History
Universal Power Group Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Universal Power Group Inc. Offices and Representations
Universal Power Group Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Universal Power Group Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Universal Power Group Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Universal Power Group Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Wholesale and Distribution Industry Statistics
Universal Power Group Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Universal Power Group Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Universal Power Group Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Universal Power Group Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Universal Power Group Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Universal Power Group Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Universal Power Group Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Universal Power Group Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?