- The report contains detailed information about The Talbots Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for The Talbots Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The The Talbots Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes The Talbots Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of The Talbots Inc. business.
About The Talbots Inc.
The Talbots, Inc. is a specialty retailer and direct marketer of womens apparel, accessories, and shoes. The company operates stores in the United States and Canada. In addition, its customers may shop online or via its catalogs.
The Talbots brand offers a collection of sportswear, casual wear, dresses, coats, sweaters, accessories and shoes, consisting of Talbots own branded merchandise in misses, petites, woman, and woman petite sizes. The companys merchandise is offered in an array of sizes to fit woman under the following business concepts: Misses, Petites, and Woman. The companys stores, catalogs and Web site offer various basic and fashion items along with a complementary assortment of accessories and shoes which enable customers to assemble wardrobes.
As of January 30, 2010, the company operated its business in two segments, Retail Stores and Direct Marketing.
The companys retail stores are located in 46 states, the District of Columbia, and Canada under the Talbots name. As of January 30, 2010, the company operated a total of 580 stores under the Talbots name. The company operates stores in various location types, including village, specialty centers, malls and urban centers.
Petites: All apparel items are offered in both misses and petites sizes. Petites sizes are offered in its catalogs and all stores, with some store locations offering its complete product assortment in both misses and petites sizes.
Woman: Talbots Woman is its plus size concept which offers the same styling and fit as its misses and petites concepts to customers wearing sizes 14W to 24W. The company also offers Talbots Woman Petites, which focuses on fuller figured women 54 in height and under. Talbots Woman and Talbots Woman Petites are available in stores, through its catalogs and online.
Accessories & Shoes: The company offers product categories that allow its customer to select items to complement her apparel selections. It offers fashion jewelry, scarves, and handbags or footwear.
Upscale Outlets: In 2009, the company entered the upscale outlet market, operating 18 upscale outlets, as of January 30, 2010.
The companys Direct Marketing segment includes its catalog and Internet channels. In 2009, the company issued 19 separate Talbots catalogs across all business concepts with a circulation of approximately 36.6 million.
The companys Internet channel is an extension of its existing store and catalog channels, offering the same assortment of its store and catalog merchandise. The company also utilizes its Internet channel as an inventory clearance tool via its on-line outlet vehicle.
Sales orders from its Web site are merged into the existing catalog fulfillment system, allowing shipping of merchandise. Customers can check the availability of merchandise at the time of purchase and the Web site would provide examples of alternative merchandise if items are unavailable. Additionally, the Websites online chat feature allows customers to communicate with customer service representatives.
The company has formed a strategic partnership with Li & Fung. In August 2009, the company entered into a buying agency agreement with an affiliate of Li & Fung Limited, a Hong Kong-based consumer goods exporter (Li & Fung), to act as the exclusive global apparel sourcing agent for all Talbots apparel, as of September 2009.
The Talbots, Inc. was founded in 1947.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. THE TALBOTS INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. THE TALBOTS INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. THE TALBOTS INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. THE TALBOTS INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. THE TALBOTS INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. The Talbots Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of The Talbots Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of The Talbots Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. The Talbots Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Retail Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. The Talbots Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. THE TALBOTS INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. THE TALBOTS INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. THE TALBOTS INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. THE TALBOTS INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. THE TALBOTS INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. THE TALBOTS INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
The Talbots Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
The Talbots Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
The Talbots Inc. Major Shareholders
The Talbots Inc. History
The Talbots Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
The Talbots Inc. Offices and Representations
The Talbots Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
The Talbots Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
The Talbots Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
The Talbots Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Retail Industry Statistics
The Talbots Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
The Talbots Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
The Talbots Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
The Talbots Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
The Talbots Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
The Talbots Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
The Talbots Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
The Talbots Inc. Article Density Chart
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
Porter Five Forces Analysis
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?