- The report contains detailed information about Samsung C&T Corporation that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Samsung C&T Corporation. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Samsung C&T Corporation financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Samsung C&T Corporation competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Samsung C&T Corporation business.
About Samsung C&T Corporation
Samsung Corporation operates in the trading, construction, housing development, and retail business areas worldwide.
The Company is a member of the Samsung Group of companies, which comprises numerous companies under common management control. The company engages in trading, construction, housing development, and Internet business worldwide.
Operating from 82 overseas offices, the Trading Group is involved in a wide range of business projects worldwide. The company's main export items include semiconductors, plants, chemicals, and textiles. On the other hand, the Trading Division imports energy, chemicals and machinery. In addition to international trade, the division carries out project organizing business, natural resources development and investment in privatization projects of developing countries as well as in promising start-ups. The Construction Group carries out various construction, civil engineering, industrial plant and land development projects around the world, with the most recent addition being nuclear power plant construction. The Housing Development Group builds condominiums and apartments equipped with fiber optic network in some of the best residential areas. Its Internet business operates an on-line shopping mall at www.samsungmall.co.kr in Korea; and industry specific global e-marketplaces for medical products and chemicals, investment in online payment solution, Web service for large residential complexes, and logistics operation. The company also undertakes ventures, which include biopesticides, health care products, disposable batteries, and Internet business projects.
The company serves the trading needs for export and import of industrial goods, consumer goods and commodity goods. It also offers services for plant construction and project financing. The companys Basic Materials & Fine Chemicals products are Paints, Dyes, Pesticides, Rubber, Ethanol, Molasses, Soybean Oil and Sugar (Raw & Refined). Its Chemical products consist of Methanol, Solvents, Monomers, Caustic Soda and Plastics. The companys Coal & Mineral products are Coal, Anthracite, Uranium, Phosphate and Maganese ore. Its Information & Telecommunications products are Telecommunications devices, Digital goods, Display devices, Home appliances, Network devices, Optical goods, Optical storage media, PC peripherals and Digital Satellite Receivers. Its Iron & Steel products are Silicon steel, CR steel, HR steel, STS wire rods, STS wire and STS seamless tubes & pipes. Its IT Media & Consumables are Home Care Products, Media (CDR, DVDR), Film, Battery. Its Marine Products are Sole fillet, Salmon, Halibot, Cod fillet, Herring roe and Salmon roe. Its Machinery & Electronics consist of Semiconductor equipment, Heat exchanger, Security products and Water treatment systems. The companys Metals are Aluminium, Lead, Zinc, Copper, Gold and Silver. Its Petrochemicals products are PTA, Mono ethylene glycol, DMT, Acetic acid, PE, HIPS / GPPS, EPS and ABS. The companys various Projects consist of Chemical plants, Infrastructure projects, Power & Telecommunications projects and its Textile products are Raw Materials Fabrics, Yarns and Fibers.
Construction & Development
The companys Construction & Housing Development Group can carry out all aspects of a construction project, from planning, design, engineering, construction and project management, to O & M (Operation & Maintenance).
Samsung Corporation is actively pursuing e-business projects both at home and abroad by forming alliances with leading players in the industry. On the B2B front, the company has launched global e-marketplaces for chemicals and seafood products. It also operates an online trading catalog system called Merchant Intelligence System with detailed information on over 1,000 products in many product categories including chemicals, IT & telecommunications, machinery, steel and textiles.
The companys domestic e-business initiatives include e-marketplaces for medical products and chemicals, investment in online payment solution, web service for large residential complexes and logistics operation. It is also a leading B2C e-commerce player with an online shopping mall in Korea called SamsungMall. GoldenGate, the companys corporate venture capital arm, invests in promising start-ups to help them grow into viable business enterprises.
Samsung Corp. is collaborating with MusicNet, Inc. to develop a music library service to offer customers its range of portable music players. MusicNet would power and supply content for a subscription digital music service being launched by Samsung. It would go live first in the U.K., Germany and France before rolling out to Asia and the rest of Europe.
On January 26, 2010, Samsung C&T Corporation and Korea Electric Power Corp. have signed a deal with Ontario to build facilities to produce 2,500 megawatts of wind and solar power in the province.
Samsung Corporation was incorporated in 1952.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. SAMSUNG C&T CORPORATION COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. SAMSUNG C&T CORPORATION BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. SAMSUNG C&T CORPORATION SWOT ANALYSIS
4. SAMSUNG C&T CORPORATION FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. SAMSUNG C&T CORPORATION COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Samsung C&T Corporation Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Samsung C&T Corporation and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Samsung C&T Corporation and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Samsung C&T Corporation Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Wholesale and Distribution Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Samsung C&T Corporation Industry Position Analysis
6. SAMSUNG C&T CORPORATION NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. SAMSUNG C&T CORPORATION EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. SAMSUNG C&T CORPORATION ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. SOUTH KOREA PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. SAMSUNG C&T CORPORATION IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. SAMSUNG C&T CORPORATION PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. SAMSUNG C&T CORPORATION VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Samsung C&T Corporation Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Samsung C&T Corporation Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Samsung C&T Corporation Major Shareholders
Samsung C&T Corporation History
Samsung C&T Corporation Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Samsung C&T Corporation Offices and Representations
Samsung C&T Corporation SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Samsung C&T Corporation Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Samsung C&T Corporation Capital Market Snapshot
Samsung C&T Corporation Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Wholesale and Distribution Industry Statistics
Samsung C&T Corporation Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Samsung C&T Corporation Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Samsung C&T Corporation Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Samsung C&T Corporation 1-year Stock Charts
Samsung C&T Corporation 5-year Stock Charts
Samsung C&T Corporation vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Samsung C&T Corporation vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Samsung C&T Corporation Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?