- The report contains detailed information about Sally Beauty Holdings Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Sally Beauty Holdings Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Sally Beauty Holdings Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Sally Beauty Holdings Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Sally Beauty Holdings Inc. business.
About Sally Beauty Holdings Inc.
Sally Beauty Holdings, Inc. engages in the distribution and retail of professional beauty supplies.
The company operates primarily through two business units, Sally Beauty Supply and Beauty Systems Group (BSG).
Sally Beauty Supply
The Sally Beauty Supply is an open-line and exclusive-label distributor of professional beauty supplies offering professional beauty supplies to both retail consumers and salon professionals. As of September 30, 2010, Sally Beauty Supply operated 3,006 company-operated retail stores, 2,429 of which were located in the U.S. (with the remainder in the United Kingdom, Belgium, and certain other countries in Europe, and in Canada, Puerto Rico, Mexico, and Chile), and supplied 26 franchised stores located outside the U.S. Its stores carry a selection of professional beauty products, ranging between 4,000 and 8,000 stock keeping units (or SKUs) of beauty products, and includes products for hair care, nail care, beauty sundries and small electrical appliances targeting retail consumers and salon professionals. Sally Beauty Supply stores carry third-party brands, such as Clairol, Revlon, and Conair, as well as a selection of exclusive-label merchandise. Sally Beauty Supply offers an ethnic product selection with specific appeal to African-American and Hispanic customers.
Beauty Systems Group
The Beauty Systems Group is a full-service beauty supply distributor offering professional brands directly to salons and salon professionals through its own sales force and professional stores, in geographical territories in North America. BSG operates stores under the CosmoProf service mark. BSG also franchises beauty supply outlets in the southwest portion of the U.S. and Mexico, and supplies sub-distributors in Europe. As of September 30, 2010, BSG had 868 company-operated stores, supplied 159 franchised stores, and had a sales force of approximately 1,051 professional distributor sales consultants selling to salons and salon professionals in the U.S., in Puerto Rico and in portions of Canada, Mexico, and certain European countries. BSG stores carry a selection of third-party branded products, ranging between 5,000 and 10,000 SKUs of beauty products, including hair care products, nail care, small electrical appliances, and other beauty items.
In March of 2010, the company acquired certain assets and the business of a distributor of John Paul Mitchell Systems beauty products with sales primarily in south Florida and certain islands in the Caribbean.
In December 2009, the company acquired Sinelco Group NV, a wholesale distributor of professional beauty products located in Belgium with sales throughout Europe.
In September 2009, the company acquired Schoeneman Beauty Supply, Inc, a 43-store beauty supply chain located in the central northeast United States; Distribuidora Intersalon Limitada, a distributor of premier beauty supply products with 16 stores located in Chile; and Belleza Concept International, Inc., a distributor of beauty supply products operating in Puerto Rico.
The company's suppliers include The Procter & Gamble Company; Shiseido Cosmetics (America) Limited; Conair Corporation; the Professional Products Division of L'Oreal USA S/D, Inc.; and John Paul Mitchell Systems.
Sally Beauty Holdings, Inc. was founded in 1964.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. SALLY BEAUTY HOLDINGS INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. SALLY BEAUTY HOLDINGS INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. SALLY BEAUTY HOLDINGS INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. SALLY BEAUTY HOLDINGS INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. SALLY BEAUTY HOLDINGS INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Sally Beauty Holdings Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Sally Beauty Holdings Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Sally Beauty Holdings Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Sally Beauty Holdings Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Retail Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Sally Beauty Holdings Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. SALLY BEAUTY HOLDINGS INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. SALLY BEAUTY HOLDINGS INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. SALLY BEAUTY HOLDINGS INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. SALLY BEAUTY HOLDINGS INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. SALLY BEAUTY HOLDINGS INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. SALLY BEAUTY HOLDINGS INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Sally Beauty Holdings Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Sally Beauty Holdings Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Sally Beauty Holdings Inc. Major Shareholders
Sally Beauty Holdings Inc. History
Sally Beauty Holdings Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Sally Beauty Holdings Inc. Offices and Representations
Sally Beauty Holdings Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Sally Beauty Holdings Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Sally Beauty Holdings Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Sally Beauty Holdings Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Retail Industry Statistics
Sally Beauty Holdings Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Sally Beauty Holdings Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Sally Beauty Holdings Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Sally Beauty Holdings Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Sally Beauty Holdings Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Sally Beauty Holdings Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Sally Beauty Holdings Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Sally Beauty Holdings Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?