- The report contains detailed information about Rent-A-Center Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Rent-A-Center Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Rent-A-Center Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Rent-A-Center Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Rent-A-Center Inc. business.
About Rent-A-Center Inc.
Rent-A-Center, Inc., together with its subsidiaries, offers household durable products under rental purchase agreements that allow the customer to obtain ownership of the merchandise at the conclusion of an agreed upon rental period.
As of December 31, 2009, the company operated 3,007 company-owned stores nationwide and in Canada and Puerto Rico, including 39 retail installment sales stores under the names Get It Now and Home Choice and 18 rent-to-own stores located in Canada operating under the names Rent-A-Centre and Better Living.
The companys subsidiary, ColorTyme, is a national franchisor of rent-to-own stores. As of December 31, 2009, ColorTyme had 210 franchised rent-to-own stores in 33 states.
The company offers brands, such as Sony, Philips, LG, Hitachi, Toshiba and Mitsubishi home electronics, Whirlpool appliances, Toshiba, Sony, Hewlett-Packard, Dell, Acer and Compaq computers and Ashley, England, Standard, Albany, and Klaussner furniture. It also offers high levels of customer service, including repair, pickup and delivery, generally at no additional charge. The company also offers financial services products, such as short term secured and unsecured loans, debit cards, check cashing, tax preparation and money transfer services, in some of its existing stores under the trade names RAC Financial Services and Cash AdvantEdge. As of December 31, 2009, it offered some or all of these financial services products in 353 Rent-A-Center store locations in 17 states.
The companys stores generally offer merchandise from four basic product categories, including consumer electronics, appliances, computers, and furniture and accessories. Consumer electronic products offered by its stores include high definition televisions, home theatre systems, video game consoles and stereos from top name-brand manufacturers, such as Sony, Nintendo, Philips, LG, Hitachi, Toshiba, and Mitsubishi. The company offers appliances manufactured by Whirlpool, including refrigerators, washing machines, dryers, freezers and ranges.
The company offers desktop and laptop computers from Toshiba, Sony, Hewlett Packard, Dell, Acer, and Compaq. It offers various furniture products, including dining room, living room and bedroom furniture featuring different styles, materials and colors. The company offers furniture made by Ashley, England and Klaussner and other brand manufacturers. Accessories include pictures, lamps and tables and are typically rented as part of a package of items, such as a room of furniture.
Rent-A-Center, Inc. was founded in 1986.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. RENT-A-CENTER INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. RENT-A-CENTER INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. RENT-A-CENTER INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. RENT-A-CENTER INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. RENT-A-CENTER INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Rent-A-Center Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Rent-A-Center Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Rent-A-Center Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Rent-A-Center Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Retail Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Rent-A-Center Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. RENT-A-CENTER INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. RENT-A-CENTER INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. RENT-A-CENTER INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. RENT-A-CENTER INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. RENT-A-CENTER INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. RENT-A-CENTER INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Rent-A-Center Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Rent-A-Center Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Rent-A-Center Inc. Major Shareholders
Rent-A-Center Inc. History
Rent-A-Center Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Rent-A-Center Inc. Offices and Representations
Rent-A-Center Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Rent-A-Center Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Rent-A-Center Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Rent-A-Center Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Retail Industry Statistics
Rent-A-Center Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Rent-A-Center Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Rent-A-Center Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Rent-A-Center Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Rent-A-Center Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Rent-A-Center Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Rent-A-Center Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Rent-A-Center Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?