- The report contains detailed information about Reitmans Canada Ltd. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Reitmans Canada Ltd.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Reitmans Canada Ltd. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Reitmans Canada Ltd. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Reitmans Canada Ltd. business.
About Reitmans Canada Ltd.
Reitmans (Canada) Limited, (Reitmans or the Company), is incorporated under the Canada Business Corporations Act and its principal business activity is the sale of women's wear at retail. The company is Canadas specialty retailer. Reitmans has evolved from a single division chain of fashion retail stores "where smart women shop" to an 820 store, multi-banner operation where all women shop.
Operating 334 stores, Reitmans is Canada's major ladies apparel specialty chain. With stores averaging 3,700 sq ft., Reitmans offers Canadian women a targeted assortment of current fashions and accessories. In addition to broad assortments of sportswear and ready-to-wear, many stores have Petites, Encore (plus-size) and E.K.O (kids, tweens, teens) departments. The Air Miles loyalty reward program and Reitmans' website (www.reitmans.com) are effective marketing tools that will drive the business to further success.
The Smart Set / Dalmys division, with over 150 stores averaging 2,300 sq. ft., is a major fashion destination for junior customers. It offers 15 to 30 year old women a complete coordinated line of affordable fashion and accessories. All Smart Set clothing and accessories are designed and manufactured specifically and exclusively for the chain and carry the Smart Set label. With 12 stores in operation, this second generation Smart Set offers a refreshing, affordable alternative to the companys traditional mall stores.
Penningtons is a destination store averaging 6,200 sq ft located in a strip mall or plaza that provides a broad assortment of career, casual, intimate apparel and accessories for the plus-size woman of all ages. Penningtons stores offer a "feel at home" concept with exceptionally knowledgeable, caring and friendly service.
Operating 70 stores averaging 4,200 sq. ft. in Canada's major malls, Addition-Elle offers the fashion conscious, plus-size career woman high quality branded merchandise in a high service environment. The focused assortment offers the best of career, casual, sportswear and intimate apparel. Operating 42 stores averaging 7,000 sq. ft. in power centres and strip plazas, Addition-Elle Outlet offers the budget conscious plus-size woman a broad assortment of fashion merchandise at discounted prices, as well as "brands for less". The stores present a complete selection of casual and career sportswear, as well as lingerie, sleepwear and accessories, making this a destination store for bargain shoppers and fashion followers alike.
Thyme Maternity is a one of the Canadas specialty retailers of maternity clothing operating 68 stores, averaging 1,800 sq. ft., in regional shopping malls and power centres. In addition, there are 14 franchise stores worldwide, in Singapore, Malaysia, Iceland, Sweden, Dubai and Saudi Arabia. Thyme Maternity sells clothing and accessories that are designed to meet an expectant mothers entire fashion needs including her career, casual, lingerie, special occasion and nursing apparel needs, all at affordable prices.
Averaging 4,000 sq. ft., in major malls, RW & CO caters to junior (18 to 30) ladies and men, offering active, casual and city clothing and accessories at moderate prices. After opening the first stores in August 1999, RW & CO now operates 28 stores, in major urban and suburban markets throughout the country.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. REITMANS CANADA LTD. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. REITMANS CANADA LTD. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. REITMANS CANADA LTD. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. REITMANS CANADA LTD. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. REITMANS CANADA LTD. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Reitmans Canada Ltd. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Reitmans Canada Ltd. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Reitmans Canada Ltd. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Reitmans Canada Ltd. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Retail Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Reitmans Canada Ltd. Industry Position Analysis
6. REITMANS CANADA LTD. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. REITMANS CANADA LTD. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. REITMANS CANADA LTD. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. CANADA PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. REITMANS CANADA LTD. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. REITMANS CANADA LTD. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. REITMANS CANADA LTD. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Reitmans Canada Ltd. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Reitmans Canada Ltd. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Reitmans Canada Ltd. Major Shareholders
Reitmans Canada Ltd. History
Reitmans Canada Ltd. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Reitmans Canada Ltd. Offices and Representations
Reitmans Canada Ltd. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Reitmans Canada Ltd. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Reitmans Canada Ltd. Capital Market Snapshot
Reitmans Canada Ltd. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Retail Industry Statistics
Reitmans Canada Ltd. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Reitmans Canada Ltd. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Reitmans Canada Ltd. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Reitmans Canada Ltd. 1-year Stock Charts
Reitmans Canada Ltd. 5-year Stock Charts
Reitmans Canada Ltd. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Reitmans Canada Ltd. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Reitmans Canada Ltd. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?