- The report contains detailed information about RadioShack Corp. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for RadioShack Corp.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The RadioShack Corp. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes RadioShack Corp. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of RadioShack Corp. business.
About RadioShack Corp.
RadioShack Corporation engages in the retail sale of consumer electronics goods and services through its RadioShack store chain and non-RadioShack branded kiosk operations.
U.S. Radioshack Company-Operated Stores
As of December 31, 2009, the company operated 4,476 U.S. company-operated stores under the RadioShack brand located throughout the United States, as well as in Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands. These stores are located in major shopping malls and strip centers, as well as individual storefronts. Each location carries an assortment of both name brand and private brand consumer electronics products.
The companys product lines are categorized into various platforms. Its wireless platform includes postpaid and prepaid wireless handsets and communication devices, such as scanners and GPS products. Its accessory platform includes home entertainment, wireless, music, computer, video game and GPS accessories; media storage; power adapters; digital imaging products and headphones. Its modern home platform includes home audio and video end-products, personal computing products, residential telephones, and Voice over Internet Protocol products. The companys personal electronics platform includes digital cameras, digital music players, toys, satellite radios, video gaming hardware, camcorders, and general radios. Its power platform includes general and special purpose batteries and battery chargers. The companys technical platform includes wire and cable, connectivity products, components and tools, and hobby products. It also provides consumers access to third-party services, such as wireless telephone activation, prepaid wireless airtime, extended service plans, and AT&Ts ConnecTech service.
As of December 31, 2009, the company operated 562 kiosks located throughout the United States. These kiosks are primarily inside Sams Club and Target store locations. These locations, which are not RadioShack-branded, primarily offer wireless handsets and their associated accessories. The company also provides consumers access to third-party wireless telephone services.
In 2009, the company signed a contract extension with Sams Club through March 31, 2011, with a transition period ending June 30, 2011, to continue operating kiosks in certain Sams Club locations. The company is conducting a test rollout of kiosk locations in approximately 100 Target stores.
Dealer Outlets: As of December 31, 2009, the company had a network of 1,308 RadioShack dealer outlets, including 34 located outside of North America. Its North American outlets provide name brand and private brand products and services, typically to smaller communities. These independent dealers are often engaged in other retail operations and augment their businesses with its products and service offerings.
RadioShack.com: Products and information are available through the companys commercial Web site www.radioshack.com. Online customers can purchase, return or exchange various products available through this Web site. Additionally, certain products ordered online may be picked up, exchanged or returned at RadioShack stores.
RadioShack Service Centers: The company maintains a service and support network to service the consumer electronics and personal computer retail industry in the U.S. It is a vendor-authorized service provider for manufacturers, such as Hewlett-Packard, LG Electronics, Motorola, Nokia, and Sony. In addition, the company performs repairs for third-party extended service plan providers. As of December 31, 2009, the company had six RadioShack service centers in the U.S. and one in Puerto Rico.
International Operations: As of December 31, 2009, there were 204 company-operated stores under the RadioShack brand, 10 dealers, and one distribution center in Mexico.
Distribution Centers: As of December 31, 2009, the company had 4 U.S. distribution centers shipping approximately 875,000 cartons each month, on average, to its U.S. retail stores and dealer outlets. One of these distribution centers also serves as a fulfillment center for the companys online customers.
RadioShack Technology Services (RSTS): The companys management information system architecture consist of a distributed, online network of computers that links all stores, customer channels, delivery locations, service centers, credit providers, distribution facilities and its home office into a fully integrated system. Each store has its own server to support the point-of-sale (POS) system. The majority of the companys U.S. company-operated stores communicate through a broadband network, which provides access to customer support data. This design also allows store management to track daily sales and inventory at the product or sales associate level. RSTS provides the majority of the companys programming and systems analysis needs.
RadioShack Global Sourcing (RSGS): RSGS serves the companys international import/export, sourcing, evaluation, logistics and quality control needs. RSGSs activities support its name brand and private brand businesses.
Consumer Electronics Manufacturing - The company operates two manufacturing facilities in the United States and one in China. The company manufactures various products, primarily sold through its retail outlets, including telephone, antennas, wire and cable products, and various hard-to-find parts and accessories for consumer electronics products.
Suppliers and Name Brand Relationships
The company has vendor and third-party service provider relationships with companies, such as Sprint Nextel, AT&T, T-Mobile, Apple, Casio, Garmin, Hewlett-Packard, Microsoft, Research In Motion, Samsung, and SanDisk.
RadioShack Corporation was founded in 1899.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. RADIOSHACK CORP. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. RADIOSHACK CORP. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. RADIOSHACK CORP. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. RADIOSHACK CORP. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. RADIOSHACK CORP. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. RadioShack Corp. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of RadioShack Corp. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of RadioShack Corp. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. RadioShack Corp. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Retail Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. RadioShack Corp. Industry Position Analysis
6. RADIOSHACK CORP. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. RADIOSHACK CORP. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. RADIOSHACK CORP. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. RADIOSHACK CORP. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. RADIOSHACK CORP. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. RADIOSHACK CORP. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
RadioShack Corp. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
RadioShack Corp. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
RadioShack Corp. Major Shareholders
RadioShack Corp. History
RadioShack Corp. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
RadioShack Corp. Offices and Representations
RadioShack Corp. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
RadioShack Corp. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
RadioShack Corp. Capital Market Snapshot
RadioShack Corp. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Retail Industry Statistics
RadioShack Corp. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
RadioShack Corp. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
RadioShack Corp. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
RadioShack Corp. 1-year Stock Charts
RadioShack Corp. 5-year Stock Charts
RadioShack Corp. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
RadioShack Corp. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
RadioShack Corp. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?