- The report contains detailed information about QKL Stores Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for QKL Stores Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The QKL Stores Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes QKL Stores Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of QKL Stores Inc. business.
About QKL Stores Inc.
QKL Stores Inc., through its subsidiaries, operates supermarkets in northeastern China. As of December 31, 2009, the company operated 34 supermarkets and 2 department stores in Heilongjiang Province in northeastern China and Inner Mongolia.
In November 2010, QKL Stores Inc. has opened a new hypermarket store in Fujin, China. The new store is in Heilongjiang Province. The company's single story hypermarket store occupies approximately 6,700 sqm of gross space.
The companys supermarkets sell a selection of merchandise, including groceries, fresh food, and non-food items.
The company's grocery items include prepared or packaged foods, including instant foods, canned foods, packaged rice and wheat powder, and crackers and chips; bulk (unpackaged) grains, including rice and ground wheat; bottled water and beverages; cigarettes; and certain non-food items, such as cleaning products, cosmetics, and disposable razors.
The company's fresh food items include fresh raw meat; cooked meats; fresh seafood; fresh bakery items, including breads, buns, dumplings, and other self-prepared foods; fresh noodles and pastas; fresh milk, yogurt, and eggs (supplied fresh every day); and packaged dumplings (supplied fresh every day).
The company's non-food items include all non-food items, except cleaning and cosmetic items included in grocery; specifically: clothing and shoes; books and stationery; bedding and home furnishings; small electronics and household use items like irons, electric shavers, hair dryers, massage machines; and office supplies, toys, sporting goods, and other items.
QKL Stores Inc. announced the opening of a hypermarket store in Tai'an, Liaoning Province. The company's 40th store, situated in Tai'an County, Liaoning Province, was opened on October 20th, 2010.
The company's suppliers include Fengyou Wang (Vegetable Vendor); Fan Huang (Fruit Vendor); Daqing Huayao Economic and Trade Company; Heilongjiang Longjiangfu food and oil Ltd.; Lianxiang Li (Meat Vendor); Daqing Hongtaiyuan Economic and Trade Ltd.; Harbin Pepsi Cola Co., Ltd.; Daqing Tianyi Food, Ltd.; Heilongjiang Cigarettes Company, Daqing Branch; and Harbin Hongyang Economic and Trade, Ltd.
The companys major competitors include Wal-Mart, Carrefour, Metro, and Tesco. It also competes with Dashang Supermarkets, a national supermarket/department store chain managed by Dashang Group Co., Ltd.; and Huachen Supermarkets, a local supermarket chain consisting of approximately 10 supermarkets.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. QKL STORES INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. QKL STORES INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. QKL STORES INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. QKL STORES INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. QKL STORES INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. QKL Stores Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of QKL Stores Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of QKL Stores Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. QKL Stores Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Retail Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. QKL Stores Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. QKL STORES INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. QKL STORES INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. QKL STORES INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. CHINA PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. QKL STORES INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. QKL STORES INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. QKL STORES INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
QKL Stores Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
QKL Stores Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
QKL Stores Inc. Major Shareholders
QKL Stores Inc. History
QKL Stores Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
QKL Stores Inc. Offices and Representations
QKL Stores Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
QKL Stores Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
QKL Stores Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
QKL Stores Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Retail Industry Statistics
QKL Stores Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
QKL Stores Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
QKL Stores Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
QKL Stores Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
QKL Stores Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
QKL Stores Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
QKL Stores Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
QKL Stores Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?