Mitsui & Co. Ltd. Fundamental Company Report Including Financial, SWOT, Competitors and Industry Analysis
(Coronavirus Impact Assessment - Special Edition)
CORONAVIRUS IMPACT ASSESSMENT
COVID-19 impact is taken into consideration during the analysisMitsui & Co. Ltd. Fundamental Company Report provides a complete overview of the company’s affairs. All available data is presented in a comprehensive and easily accessed format. The report includes financial and SWOT information, industry analysis, opinions, estimates, plus annual and quarterly forecasts made by stock market experts. The report also enables direct comparison to be made between Mitsui & Co. Ltd. and its competitors. This provides our Clients with a clear understanding of Mitsui & Co. Ltd. position in the Wholesale and Distribution Industry.
- The report contains detailed information about Mitsui & Co. Ltd. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Mitsui & Co. Ltd.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Mitsui & Co. Ltd. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Mitsui & Co. Ltd. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Mitsui & Co. Ltd. business.
About Mitsui & Co. Ltd.
Mitsui & Co. Ltd. operates as a general trading company in Japan and internationally. It engages in a range of global business activities, including worldwide trading of various commodities, arranging financing for customers and suppliers in connection with trading activities, organizing and coordinating industrial projects, participating in financing and investing arrangements, assisting in the procurement of raw materials and equipment, providing new technologies and processes for manufacturing, and coordinating transportation and marketing of finished goods.
The company's trading activities as a general trading company include the sale, distribution, purchase, marketing, supply of and dealing in various products and services, as a principal or an agent, including iron and steel, non-ferrous metals, machinery, electronics, chemicals, energy-related commodities and products, food products, textiles, general merchandise and real estate. The company also participates in the development of natural resources such as oil, gas, iron and steel raw materials. The company also provides management services in the development of joint ventures and new enterprises in certain industries such as information technology (IT), energy saving and environmental solutions business.
As of March 31, 2009, the company operated through eleven segments, which consisted of eight products and services segments and three region-focused segments. The company's eight products and services focused operating segments were: Iron & Steel Products; Mineral & Metal Resources; Machinery & Infrastructure Projects; Chemical; Energy; Foods & Retail; Consumer Service & IT; and Logistics & Financial Markets.
The company's three region-focused operating segments were: the Americas; Europe, the Middle East and Africa; and the Asia Pacific.
IRON & STEEL PRODUCTS SEGMENT
This segment handles various iron and steel products used in a range of industries including the automobile, electronics, transportation, construction and energy sectors. They serve customers in these industries worldwide and provide support services for steel manufacturers. The Iron & Steel Products Segment conducts, trading, marketing, processing and distribution of: steel sheet for automobile and electric appliances, steel plates for shipbuilding and heavy electric machinery, galvanized steel sheet and tin mill products; steel products for oil and gas projects including OCTG and line pipe; wire rod, specialty steel and bearing; steel bars and other steel construction materials; and semi-finished items including steel slabs to be processed into steel plate and sheet and steel billets to be processed into steel bars and wire rods.
The Iron & Steel Products Segment consists of one business unit, the Iron & Steel Products Business Unit, which has: 10 subsidiaries including Mitsui & Co. Steel Ltd. (Japan), MITSUI BUSSAN KOZAI HANBAI CO., LTD. (Japan), MBK Steel Products West Co., Ltd. (Japan), Regency Steel Asia Pte Ltd. (Singapore) and Bangkok Coil Center Co., Ltd. (Thailand); and 17 associated companies including Nippon Steel Trading Co., Ltd. (Japan) and Shanghai Bao-Mit Steel Distribution Co., Ltd. (China).
This segment has made investments in subsidiaries and associated companies, including coil centers as bases for processing and distribution; electric furnace steel makers as manufacturing bases; and steel products distribution companies. This segment also focuses on business opportunities in Russia and in India among other countries, by setting up joint ventures with local partners and creating service networks, such as coil centers.
Competition: The company's competitors in this segment include Marubeni-Itochu Steel Inc. (Japan) and Metal One Corporation (Japan).
MINERAL & METAL RESOURCES SEGMENT
This segment is engaged in various business activities including: trading, investment, logistics management and transportation services related to iron and steel raw materials, such as iron ore, metal scrap, ferro-alloys and other minerals; trading, investment, logistic management and transportation of non-ferrous metal raw materials and ingots such as copper,
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. MITSUI & CO. LTD. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. MITSUI & CO. LTD. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. MITSUI & CO. LTD. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. MITSUI & CO. LTD. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. MITSUI & CO. LTD. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Mitsui & Co. Ltd. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Mitsui & Co. Ltd. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Mitsui & Co. Ltd. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Mitsui & Co. Ltd. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Wholesale and Distribution Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Mitsui & Co. Ltd. Industry Position Analysis
6. MITSUI & CO. LTD. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. MITSUI & CO. LTD. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Consensus
7.2. Experts Revisions
8. MITSUI & CO. LTD. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. JAPAN PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. MITSUI & CO. LTD. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. MITSUI & CO. LTD. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. MITSUI & CO. LTD. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF FIGURES
Mitsui & Co. Ltd. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Mitsui & Co. Ltd. 1-year Stock Charts
Mitsui & Co. Ltd. 5-year Stock Charts
Mitsui & Co. Ltd. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Mitsui & Co. Ltd. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Mitsui & Co. Ltd. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Mitsui & Co. Ltd. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Mitsui & Co. Ltd. Key Executives
Mitsui & Co. Ltd. Major Shareholders
Mitsui & Co. Ltd. History
Mitsui & Co. Ltd. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Mitsui & Co. Ltd. Offices and Representations
Mitsui & Co. Ltd. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Mitsui & Co. Ltd. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Mitsui & Co. Ltd. Capital Market Snapshot
Mitsui & Co. Ltd. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Wholesale and Distribution Industry Statistics
Mitsui & Co. Ltd. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Mitsui & Co. Ltd. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?