- The report contains detailed information about METRO AG that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for METRO AG. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The METRO AG financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes METRO AG competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of METRO AG business.
About METRO AG
Metro AG, a holding company, operates as a trading and retailing company. The company operates in approximately 30 countries at 2,300 locations from 150 nations.
The company principally operates its sales divisions in four business units: Cash & Carry, Food Retailing, Nonfood Specialty Stores and Department Stores. The six sales divisions of the METRO AG include: Metro Cash & Carry International GmbH; Real SB-Warenhaus GmbH; Extra Verbrauchermarkte Deutschland GmbH & Co. KG; Media-Saturn-Holding GmbH; Praktiker-Bau- und Heimwerkermarkte AG; and Kaufhof Warenhaus AG.
Metro Cash & Carry
With the Metro Cash & Carry stores that operate under the Metro and Makro brand names. As of December 31, 2004, Metro Cash & Carry operated 504 markets in 27 countries with total selling space of 4 million square meters. The company operates in approximately 28 countries this sales division also shows the highest degree of internationality. Metro Cash & Carry stores are offered in three formats that differ in terms of selling space, assortment size and priorities: the Classic stores, the Junior and the ECO stores. Classic stores, which operate mainly in Germany, offer a selection of merchandise in both the food and nonfood categories. They have 10,000 to 16,000 square meters of selling space. Junior stores have between 7,000 and 9,000 square meters of selling space. Eco stores are the smallest, with 2,500 to 4,000 square meters of selling space and a merchandise assortment which concentrates on food items. The wholly owned subsidiary of Metro Cash & Carry GmbH operates 55 self-service wholesale stores.
Real operates as a hypermarket in Germany, Poland and Turkey. The METRO Group Real represents the successful concept of the major selling space self-service hypermarket in retailing. As of December 31, 2004, Reals outlet chain comprised a total of 306 hypermarkets, 272 in Germany and 34 abroad.
Extra operates as a chain of supermarkets in Germany. The Extra stores are major selling space supermarkets. The 306 outlets in Germany are mostly located in residential areas, near main roads or at points with a high level of consumer traffic as a result of which they are easy to get to for the customer. Extra offers food assortment that accounts for 90% of sales ranging from bread from the in-store bakery to products of the strong Tip private label brand. In addition, Extra carries the most important nonfood items of everyday use. As of December 31, 2004, Extra was present at 436 locations.
Media Markt and Saturn
Media Markt operates as a consumer electronics retailer in Europe. Media Markt brand stands for an assortment of approximately 40,000 items from segments like telecommunication, computers, photo, hi-fi and electrical appliances. With 200 outlets Media Markt offers the densest network of consumer electronics centers in Germany. The company is also represented in Austria, Belgium, Switzerland, Poland, Hungary, the Netherlands, Italy, Spain, France and Portugal.
Saturn offers the major CD assortment in Europe. There are Saturn stores at 105 locations in Germany. It also operates in Austria, France, Italy, Poland and Hungary. The assortments include approximately 100,000 items from the areas of consumer electronics, household appliances, new media, telecommunication, computers and photography.
As of December 31, 2004, Media Markt operated 361 outlets in 11 European countries. Saturn ran 142 consumer electronics centers in six countries. The sales division operated 503 stores in 11 countries with a total selling space of 1.5 million square meters.
Praktiker principally operates in the European home improvement center industry. The specialist for DIY products and all-rounder for the areas of building, gardening, decorating and the workshop operates a total of 339 stores, 278 of them in Germany. With approximately 60 locations in Austria, Poland, Turkey, Hungary, Greece, Romania and Luxembourg Praktikers expansion into other European countries has made great strides forward. The home improvement centers are providers customers would find every product here in many variations, from the screw to the lawn mower. As of December 31, 2004, Praktikers outlet chain comprised 339 markets in 61 foreign locations.
The Kaufhof department stores, most of them in city center locations, are characterized by an up-market ambience, generous store layout and clearly structured selling spaces. High product quality, competitive prices and services are standard in all stores. Approximately 80% of all Kaufhof stores have been converted to the new Galeria concept. The Kaufhof department store concept is demonstrated by the 14 Sportarena stores that concentrate exclusively on products from the world of sports and fitness, but also by the Emotions format for beauty, lingerie and wellness that is specifically addressed at women. As of December 31, 2004, Kaufhof operated a total of 147 department stores, including 99 Galeria outlets.
In March 2009, Metro AG announced that it would team up with the Foxconn Technology to introduce Media Market consumer electronics stores in China. Metro and Foxconn have signed a memorandum of understanding that would see them joining in Asia by expanding rapidly in China.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. METRO AG COMPANY PROFILE
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. METRO AG BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. METRO AG SWOT ANALYSIS
4. METRO AG FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. METRO AG COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. METRO AG Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of METRO AG and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of METRO AG and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. METRO AG Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Retail Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. METRO AG Industry Position Analysis
6. METRO AG NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. METRO AG EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. METRO AG ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. GERMANY PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. METRO AG IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. METRO AG PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. METRO AG VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
METRO AG Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
METRO AG Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
METRO AG Major Shareholders
METRO AG History
METRO AG Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
METRO AG Offices and Representations
METRO AG SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
METRO AG Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
METRO AG Capital Market Snapshot
METRO AG Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Retail Industry Statistics
METRO AG Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
METRO AG Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
METRO AG Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
METRO AG 1-year Stock Charts
METRO AG 5-year Stock Charts
METRO AG vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
METRO AG vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
METRO AG Article Density Chart
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
Porter Five Forces Analysis
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?