- The report contains detailed information about MediaBay, Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for MediaBay, Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The MediaBay, Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes MediaBay, Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of MediaBay, Inc. business.
About MediaBay, Inc.
MediaBay, Inc. operates as a digital media and publishing company. The company specializes in spoken audio entertainment, such as audio readings of books, newspapers, magazines, original productions and radio broadcast transcripts, each of which audio readings is referred to as a title. The company offers various audio titles, comprising approximately 75,000 hours of aggregate audio content, which are distributed via mail order, its websites and some of the retailers.
The company has two principal content libraries: audiobooks which the it sells via digital download and on compact disc and cassette, through Soundsgood.com, the Audio Book Club and third-party websites; and an archive of the history of American radio which the company produces and sells on compact disc and cassettes through its catalog, a mail order based continuity program, retail outlets, and on-line download subscription service and third-party websites.
The company broadcasts its radio programs through a syndicated radio show on approximately 200 commercial stations across the United States, as well as its 24-hour Radio Classics channels on Sirius and XM Satellite Radio.
The companys digital content partners include BBC, Blackstone, Brilliance Audio, CBS Radio, Harper Collins, Hay House, Oasis, Penguin Group USA Audio, Random House, Simon & Schuster, Sound Room Publishers, Time Warner Audio, and Zondervan. In addition to Audio Book Club, the company distributes its content through proprietary web sites soundsgood.com and radiospirits.com, as well as through partner channels including MSN Music, Sirius Satellite Radio and XM Satellite Radio. It has also begun to produce a series of audio works in partnership with publishing companies such as John Wiley to produce a series of Audio Cliffs Notes, and the Hindustan Times to produce and distribute a daily audio newspaper.
SoundsGood.com provides consumers with a way to access various audio books, classic radio shows and theatre performances, as well as a collection of audio newspapers, magazines, lectures, self help and wellness courses, modern day radio shows and other spoken word entertainment. SoundsGood.com provides customers with both digital download for immediate listening as well as the ability to purchase CDs and audiocassettes. SoundsGood supports digital downloads that are compatible with MP3 players, CD players, PCs and a number of smart cellular phones that support the Windows Media audio format. SoundsGood offers a range of audiobook titles.
Audio Book Club
The company mails catalog every month, which offers between 50 and 75 audio book titles. Audiobook Club customers are encouraged to make their purchases on Soundsgood.com by downloading their selections. Alternatively, customers can purchase their selections in traditional CD or cassette format.
Radio Spirits sells old-time radio programs on audiocassettes and compact discs through retail, direct mail and online channels. Radio Spirits has a database of names of approximately 400,000 catalog customers and prospects and sells its products in national chains as Barnes & Noble and Borders and online retailers such as Amazon.com. Radio Spirits' products can also be purchased online at www.radiospirits.com. The Radio Spirits content library consists of approximately 65,000 hours of classic radio shows licensed on a primarily exclusive basis. Radio Spirits' library of classic radio shows includes episodes from the following series: The Shadow, The Jack Benny Program, The Bob Hope Show, Superman, Suspense and many others including stars such as Clark Gable, Cary Grant, Humphrey Bogart, Jimmy Stewart, Lucille Ball, Frank Sinatra, Judy Garland, Orson Welles and Bing Crosby. Radio Spirits also offers its old-time radio programs in a continuity format, a marketing program that automatically sends selections to a customer once an initial order is placed.
MediaBay.com provides the infrastructure and support for all of its web sites including www.audiobookclub.com, www.radiospirits.com, www.RadioClassics.com, www.soundsgood.com, and www.msn.soundsgood.com.
RadioClassics distributes the companys proprietary old-time radio content across multiple distribution platforms including traditional radio, cable television, satellite television (DBS), satellite radio and the Internet. RadioClassics distributes a national classic radio program, When Radio Was and can also be heard 24 hours a day on channels on both the Sirius Satellite Radio and XM Satellite Radio services.
Digital Distribution Agreements with Microsoft, Real Networks and MusicNet
The company has two agreements with Microsoft. These agreements provide for it to distribute spoken word audio content, including audiobooks from the publishers and its old-time radio programs, through a distribution relationship with the MSN Music Service.
The company signed a distribution agreement with Real Networks to provide spoken work and audio entertainment content to Real's subscriber base.
The company also signed an agreement with MusicNet, a business-to-business digital music service provider, to serve as its exclusive spoken word content aggregator. MusicNet's distribution partners include an array of subscription-based digital music services such as Yahoo!, HMV, Virgin Digital, Synacor and Cdigix. MusicNet offers these companies and others a suite of digital music experiences.
The companys competes with Borders, Barnes & Noble, Amazon.com, Books-a-Million, Wal-Mart, RealPlayer or Windows Media Player, Audible, Inc., Apple i-Tunes, America Online, Inc. and Yahoo!
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. MEDIABAY, INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. MEDIABAY, INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. MEDIABAY, INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. MEDIABAY, INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. MEDIABAY, INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. MediaBay, Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of MediaBay, Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of MediaBay, Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. MediaBay, Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Retail Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. MediaBay, Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. MEDIABAY, INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. MEDIABAY, INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. MEDIABAY, INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. MEDIABAY, INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. MEDIABAY, INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. MEDIABAY, INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
MediaBay, Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
MediaBay, Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
MediaBay, Inc. Major Shareholders
MediaBay, Inc. History
MediaBay, Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
MediaBay, Inc. Offices and Representations
MediaBay, Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
MediaBay, Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
MediaBay, Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
MediaBay, Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Retail Industry Statistics
MediaBay, Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
MediaBay, Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
MediaBay, Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
MediaBay, Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
MediaBay, Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
MediaBay, Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
MediaBay, Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
MediaBay, Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?