- The report contains detailed information about Mecox Lane Limited that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Mecox Lane Limited. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Mecox Lane Limited financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Mecox Lane Limited competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Mecox Lane Limited business.
About Mecox Lane Limited
Mecox Lane Limited engages in the design and sale of apparel, accessories, home, and healthcare products through its online platform and stores in the Peoples Republic of China.
The company offers a selection of products on its M18.com e-commerce Web site. As of June 30, 2010, it had 2.1 million active customers. As of June 30, 2010, the company operated 478 stores in 182 cities, including 56 directly operated stores and 29 franchised stores in Beijing and Shanghai; 100 directly operated stores and 160 franchised stores in second-tier cities in China; and 2 directly operated stores and 131 franchised stores in third-tier cities in China.
Products and Brands
Apparel and Accessories: These products primarily feature price-valued young womens apparel and accessories through its own and third-party brands. Its proprietary Euromoda- and Rampage- branded product lines feature various seasonal apparel items, such as womens T-shirts, sweaters, jeans, dresses, outerwear, purses, and shoes. The company also offers kids apparel and mens apparel.
Home Products: The company offers home products with a selection of home furnishings and other small household appliances. It also offers certain exclusive products co-designed by it and the manufacturers.
Beauty and Healthcare Products: The company offers beauty and health products with a coverage of skin care, fragrance, and cosmetics, as well as other personal care products.
Other Products: The company primarily offers pet-related and other products.
The companys online platform offers products under its own proprietary brands, such as Euromoda and Rampage, and under selected third-party brands, including international and Chinese brands, such as Adidas, Daphne, Kappa and Li Ning, as well as independent and emerging brands featuring unique designs.
Euromoda: Euromoda offers a selection of fashion apparel and accessories at moderate price points. The company also has two sub-brands of Euromoda, targeting different sub-segments of customers: Euromoda Kids, which offers fashion and casual apparel for children, ranging from newborn to early-teen; and Pink by Euromoda, which designs integrate latest international fashion elements and offers young women diversified choices to show their personalities.
Rampage: Rampage offers collections of casual and tailored apparel and accessories for women, usually at higher price points than Euromoda.
Weinin: Weinin product selection includes vitamin products, herbal products, and supplements.
La Celler: The company owns the rights to the brand of La Celler in China, under which it offers various skin care products for women.
For apparel and accessories products, the company offers brands, such as Adidas, Daphne, Kappa, and Li Ning, as well as emerging brands associated with unique design. The home products the company offers are primarily of third-party brands, such as Philips, Disney, Dr. Beckmann, Kdian, and Actto. The company also offers third-party branded beauty and healthcare products, such as products of LOreal, Neutrogena, Maybelline, Shiseido, and Vichy.
The company competes with Alibabas Tao Bao; Amazon China/Joyo; and Dang Dang.
Mecox Lane Limited was founded in 1996.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. MECOX LANE LIMITED COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. MECOX LANE LIMITED BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. MECOX LANE LIMITED SWOT ANALYSIS
4. MECOX LANE LIMITED FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. MECOX LANE LIMITED COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Mecox Lane Limited Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Mecox Lane Limited and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Mecox Lane Limited and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Mecox Lane Limited Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Retail Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Mecox Lane Limited Industry Position Analysis
6. MECOX LANE LIMITED NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. MECOX LANE LIMITED EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. MECOX LANE LIMITED ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. CHINA PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. MECOX LANE LIMITED IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. MECOX LANE LIMITED PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. MECOX LANE LIMITED VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Mecox Lane Limited Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Mecox Lane Limited Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Mecox Lane Limited Major Shareholders
Mecox Lane Limited History
Mecox Lane Limited Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Mecox Lane Limited Offices and Representations
Mecox Lane Limited SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Mecox Lane Limited Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Mecox Lane Limited Capital Market Snapshot
Mecox Lane Limited Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Retail Industry Statistics
Mecox Lane Limited Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Mecox Lane Limited Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Mecox Lane Limited Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Mecox Lane Limited 1-year Stock Charts
Mecox Lane Limited 5-year Stock Charts
Mecox Lane Limited vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Mecox Lane Limited vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Mecox Lane Limited Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?