- The report contains detailed information about Marubeni Corporation that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Marubeni Corporation. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Marubeni Corporation financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Marubeni Corporation competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Marubeni Corporation business.
About Marubeni Corporation
Marubeni Corporation engages in import and export trades of domestic and overseas products and commodities, including domestic and offshore trades in the fields, which cover various types of commodities, such as agri-marine products, textile, forest products and general merchandise, paper and pulp, chemicals, energy, metals, machinery, development and construction, finance, logistics, and information industry. In addition, the company offers various services and engages in diversified business, such as investments in domestic and foreign businesses, and exploration of natural resources and others. It primarily has operations in Japan; the United States; and the United Kingdom.
The Food segment produces and distributes various sorts of foods, such as fodder, soy beans, grain, sugar, processed food and beverages, raw materials, foodstuffs for commercial use, and agricultural and marine products.
The Lifestyle segment deals with a range of products in the lifestyle sector, including clothing, footwear, interior goods, sundry goods, office equipment, fitness machines, and tires. In addition, it operates various businesses from planning, manufacturing, importing, and wholesaling of products to brand development, consulting services and business investment, while providing various services, both domestically and internationally.
The Forest products segment manufactures and distributes raw materials for paper production, paper and cardboard, and takes part in afforestation projects and sells housing materials, both domestically and internationally.
The Chemicals segment handles various goods ranging from upstream, such as basic petrochemicals, to downstream, such as electronic materials and agrochemicals. Focusing on Middle East and south west Asia, as well as China, as a priority market, this group is conducting business with a balance between investment and trade.
The Energy segment focuses on products related to energy, such as oil and gas. It also takes part in various sorts of businesses which benefit from the development of resources through retail, such as gas stations.
Metals & Mineral Resources
The Metals & Mineral Resources segment produces, processes, and sells nonferrous light metals both domestically and internationally, in addition to developing and trading of raw materials for production of steel and light metals internationally.
The Transportation Machinery segment focuses on domestic and international trade (export import, wholesale, and retail) in aerospace and defense systems, automotive, construction and agricultural machinery, and other transportation related machinery, as well as automobile machinery; and related services, such as loans and investments, trade finance, leasing and overseas business support services.
Power Projects & Infrastructure
The Power Projects & Infrastructure segment develops, invests in, and operates power projects and infrastructure projects, especially power generation (including desalinization, co-generation and wind power projects), while undertaking the procurement and installation of generators, power distribution grids, electrical substations, potable water treatment and waste water treatment, as well as making loans and investments to other new technologies and business models in the alternate energy field. In the telecommunications field, the segment is involved in export, offshore trade, and investment in communications, broadcasting, and information systems.
Plant, Ship & Industrial Machinery
The Plant, Ship & Industrial Machinery segment deals with equipment procurement and construction of oil, gas, chemical environmental, steel, cement, and other industrial plants, infrastructure development, such as railway/airport and paper & pulp manufacturing machinery, alternative energy facilities and other industrial machines; origination and management of projects in domestic and overseas markets. Also included in the division are trading, leasing, and charter of various types of cargo vessels and tankers.
Real Estate Development
The Real Estate Development segment, in addition to a housing business that focuses on the development of the Grand-Suite series condominiums for sale in Japan, operates a range of real estate-related businesses, including a real estate development business dealing in residences and office buildings, overseas, as well as intermediary and development businesses of REIT/investment fund-oriented real estate properties.
Finance, Logistics & Information Technology Business
The Finance, Logistics & Information Technology Business segment is involved in various financial businesses, such as investment finance, fund management and fund investment, and financial product trading, while in the logistics area, it operates forwarding business and logistics related consultation. In the insurance area, it operates an insurance intermediary business. In communication business area, it deals with export/import and domestic sales of personal computers and related products, IT related businesses, including IP network infrastructure businesses, ASP/ISP businesses, cell phone related businesses, computer system developments, IT solution businesses, cable TV, CS and other broadcasting businesses, and IC tag/RFID business. It also takes part in emission trading business in addition to investing in biotechnology-related area and new technology area.
Iron & Steel Strategies and Coordination
The Iron & Steel Strategies and Coordination segment involves in domestic and international manufacture, processing, and sales of steel related products, such as steel plate, steel pipe, and special steel, operated by its affiliated companies, such as Marubeni-Itochu Steel Inc. Also, this group provides its customers with high value-added solution services.
Overseas corporate subsidiaries and branches
Overseas corporate subsidiaries and branches are located throughout the world, in North America and Europe and other areas, and handle merchandise and perform related activities.
Marubeni Corporation was founded in 1858.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. MARUBENI CORPORATION COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. MARUBENI CORPORATION BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. MARUBENI CORPORATION SWOT ANALYSIS
4. MARUBENI CORPORATION FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. MARUBENI CORPORATION COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Marubeni Corporation Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Marubeni Corporation and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Marubeni Corporation and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Marubeni Corporation Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Wholesale and Distribution Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Marubeni Corporation Industry Position Analysis
6. MARUBENI CORPORATION NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. MARUBENI CORPORATION EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. MARUBENI CORPORATION ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. JAPAN PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. MARUBENI CORPORATION IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. MARUBENI CORPORATION PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. MARUBENI CORPORATION VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Marubeni Corporation Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Marubeni Corporation Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Marubeni Corporation Major Shareholders
Marubeni Corporation History
Marubeni Corporation Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Marubeni Corporation Offices and Representations
Marubeni Corporation SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Marubeni Corporation Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Marubeni Corporation Capital Market Snapshot
Marubeni Corporation Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Wholesale and Distribution Industry Statistics
Marubeni Corporation Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Marubeni Corporation Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Marubeni Corporation Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Marubeni Corporation 1-year Stock Charts
Marubeni Corporation 5-year Stock Charts
Marubeni Corporation vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Marubeni Corporation vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Marubeni Corporation Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?