- The report contains detailed information about Jo-Ann Stores, Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Jo-Ann Stores, Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Jo-Ann Stores, Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Jo-Ann Stores, Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Jo-Ann Stores, Inc. business.
About Jo-Ann Stores, Inc.
Jo-Ann Stores, Inc. is a specialty retailer of fabrics. The company also is a specialty retailer of crafts, serving customers in their pursuit of apparel and craft sewing, crafting, home decorating and other activities. The companys retail stores (operating as Jo-Ann Fabric and Craft stores and Jo-Ann stores) and Web site (www.Joann.com) feature various merchandise used in sewing, crafting and home decorating projects, including fabrics, notions, crafts, frames, paper crafting material, artificial floral, home accents, finished seasonal, and home décor merchandise.
As of January 30, 2010, the company operated 746 stores in 48 states (518 small-format stores and 228 large-format stores). The companys small-format stores offer a selection of fabric and an assortment of crafts, artificial floral, and finished seasonal and home décor merchandise.
The company offers an assortment of fabrics and sewing accessories in both its small-format and large-format stores. The companys stores are organized in the following categories: for the convenience of the sewer: fashion and sportswear fabrics, used primarily in the construction of garments for the customer seeking a unique, fashion forward look; special occasion fabrics used to construct evening wear, bridal and special occasion outfits; craft fabrics used primarily in the construction of quilts, craft and seasonal projects for the home; juvenile designs for the construction of garments, as well as blankets and décor accessories; fleece fabrics in both prints and solids used for the construction of sportswear, blankets and craft projects for the home; home decorating fabrics and accessories used in home related projects such as window treatments, furniture and bed coverings (in addition to the in-store assortment, the company offers a special order capability for additional designs); an array of notions, which represent items incidental to sewing-related projects including cutting implements, threads, zippers, trims, tapes, pins, elastics, buttons and ribbons, as well as the patterns necessary for most sewing projects; and sewing-related accessories, including lighting, organizers and sewing machines.
The company offers an assortment of non-sewing merchandise for the creative enthusiast. The companys large-format stores offer an array of categories while its small-format stores, due to their smaller size, carry edited assortments of the items. The company offers the following non-sewing selections in its large-format stores: yarn and accessories, as well as needlecraft kits and supplies; paper crafting components, such as albums, papers, stickers, stamps and books used in the home based activities of scrapbooking and card making; craft materials, including items used for stenciling, jewelry making, decorative painting, wall décor, food crafting and kids crafting; fine art materials, including items such as pastels, water colors, oil paints, acrylics, easels, brushes, paper and canvas; an assortment of books and magazines to provide inspiration for its customer; framed art, photo albums and ready-made frames and full service in-store custom framing departments; floral products, including artificial flowers, dried flowers and artificial plants, sold separately or in ready-made floral arrangements and a selection of accessories essential for floral arranging and wreath making; and home décor accessories, including baskets, candles and accent collections designed to complement its home décor fashions.
The companys seasonal offerings span all product lines and include finished decorations, gifts and accessories that focus on holidays, as well as seasonal categories such as patio/garden.
The companys stores compete with other specialty fabric and craft retailers and selected mass merchants, including Wal-Mart. There are three companies that the company primarily competes with in the fabric and craft specialty retail industry, such as Hancock Fabrics, Inc.; Michaels Stores, Inc.; Hobby Lobby; and A.C. Moore Arts & Crafts, Inc.
Jo-Ann Stores, Inc. was founded in 1943.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. JO-ANN STORES, INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. JO-ANN STORES, INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. JO-ANN STORES, INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. JO-ANN STORES, INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. JO-ANN STORES, INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Jo-Ann Stores, Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Jo-Ann Stores, Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Jo-Ann Stores, Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Jo-Ann Stores, Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Retail Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Jo-Ann Stores, Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. JO-ANN STORES, INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. JO-ANN STORES, INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. JO-ANN STORES, INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. JO-ANN STORES, INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. JO-ANN STORES, INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. JO-ANN STORES, INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Jo-Ann Stores, Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Jo-Ann Stores, Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Jo-Ann Stores, Inc. Major Shareholders
Jo-Ann Stores, Inc. History
Jo-Ann Stores, Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Jo-Ann Stores, Inc. Offices and Representations
Jo-Ann Stores, Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Jo-Ann Stores, Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Jo-Ann Stores, Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Jo-Ann Stores, Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Retail Industry Statistics
Jo-Ann Stores, Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Jo-Ann Stores, Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Jo-Ann Stores, Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Jo-Ann Stores, Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Jo-Ann Stores, Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Jo-Ann Stores, Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Jo-Ann Stores, Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Jo-Ann Stores, Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?