- The report contains detailed information about Jardine Cycle & Carriage Ltd. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Jardine Cycle & Carriage Ltd.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Jardine Cycle & Carriage Ltd. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Jardine Cycle & Carriage Ltd. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Jardine Cycle & Carriage Ltd. business.
About Jardine Cycle & Carriage Ltd.
Jardine Cycle & Carriage Limited, through its interest in Astra, engages in the manufacture, assembly, distribution, and retail of motor vehicles and motorcycles. The company also has operations in financial services, agribusiness, heavy equipment and mining, information technology, and infrastructure. Its primary activities are in the countries of Singapore, Malaysia, Indonesia, and Vietnam.
Astra is a diversified business group with approximately 130 subsidiaries. Its six businesses are automotive, financial services, agribusiness, heavy equipment and mining, information technology, and infrastructure.
Automotive: Astra is an independent automotive group in southeast Asia. Its automotive business comprises the production, distribution, retail, and after-sales service of motor vehicles and motorcycles. It has partnerships with Toyota, Daihatsu, Isuzu, Peugeot, Nissan Diesel BMW, and Honda. Astra also manufactures and distributes automotive components.
Financial Services: Astras financial services cover a range of activities, from consumer financing to banking and general insurance. Its automotive division finances approximately 100,000 new motor vehicles and approximately 900,000 Honda motorcycles in Indonesia. Its heavy equipment division supports the mining, construction, forestry and agricultural sectors.
Agribusiness: Astras agribusiness includes the cultivation, harvesting, and processing of palm oil. It is a producer of crude palm oil, with plantations covering approximately 250,000 hectares across Indonesia.
Heavy Equipment and Mining: Astra provides construction machinery and mining contracting through a supply of construction and mining equipment, heavyduty trucks, vibratory rollers, cranes, forklifts, forestry equipment, and after-sales service. It is the sole distributor of Komatsu machinery and equipment. It is also a mining services contractor in Indonesia.
IT and Infrastructure: Astra has other business interests in information technology and infrastructure. It provides document and IT solutions and is the sole distributor for Fuji Xerox in Indonesia. Astras infrastructure activities comprise toll roads and water utility services.
Singapore: Cycle & Carriage is an automotive group in Singapore. It is engaged in the retail, distribution, and provision of after-sales service for Mercedes-Benz, Mitsubishi, Kia, and Citroën.
Malaysia: Cycle & Carriage Bintang is a dealer of Mercedes-Benz vehicles in Malaysia. It is principally involved in the retail and after-sales service of Mercedes-Benz motor vehicles.
Indonesia: Tunas Ridean is a motor vehicle dealer in Indonesia, representing Toyota, Daihatsu, BMW, and Peugeot motor vehicles and Honda motorcycles. It is also a major provider of vehicle financing, and rental and fleet management services across Indonesia.
Vietnam: Truong Hai Auto Corporation is an automotive company in Vietnam. Its activities include manufacture, assembly, distribution, retail, repair, and maintenance of commercial and passenger vehicles with brands such as Kia, Foton, King Long, and Hyundai.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. JARDINE CYCLE & CARRIAGE LTD. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. JARDINE CYCLE & CARRIAGE LTD. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. JARDINE CYCLE & CARRIAGE LTD. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. JARDINE CYCLE & CARRIAGE LTD. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. JARDINE CYCLE & CARRIAGE LTD. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Jardine Cycle & Carriage Ltd. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Jardine Cycle & Carriage Ltd. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Jardine Cycle & Carriage Ltd. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Jardine Cycle & Carriage Ltd. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Wholesale and Distribution Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Jardine Cycle & Carriage Ltd. Industry Position Analysis
6. JARDINE CYCLE & CARRIAGE LTD. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. JARDINE CYCLE & CARRIAGE LTD. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. JARDINE CYCLE & CARRIAGE LTD. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. SINGAPORE PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. JARDINE CYCLE & CARRIAGE LTD. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. JARDINE CYCLE & CARRIAGE LTD. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. JARDINE CYCLE & CARRIAGE LTD. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Jardine Cycle & Carriage Ltd. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Jardine Cycle & Carriage Ltd. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Jardine Cycle & Carriage Ltd. Major Shareholders
Jardine Cycle & Carriage Ltd. History
Jardine Cycle & Carriage Ltd. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Jardine Cycle & Carriage Ltd. Offices and Representations
Jardine Cycle & Carriage Ltd. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Jardine Cycle & Carriage Ltd. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Jardine Cycle & Carriage Ltd. Capital Market Snapshot
Jardine Cycle & Carriage Ltd. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Wholesale and Distribution Industry Statistics
Jardine Cycle & Carriage Ltd. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Jardine Cycle & Carriage Ltd. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Jardine Cycle & Carriage Ltd. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Jardine Cycle & Carriage Ltd. 1-year Stock Charts
Jardine Cycle & Carriage Ltd. 5-year Stock Charts
Jardine Cycle & Carriage Ltd. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Jardine Cycle & Carriage Ltd. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Jardine Cycle & Carriage Ltd. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?