- The report contains detailed information about Itochu Corp. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Itochu Corp.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Itochu Corp. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Itochu Corp. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Itochu Corp. business.
About Itochu Corp.
ITOCHU Corporation engages in the purchase, distribution, and marketing of commodities, including raw materials, capital goods, and consumer goods, whether for Japanese domestic trade, trade between Japan, and other nations or trade between third-party nations.
The company also provides various services, such as financing arrangements for customers and suppliers, planning and coordinating industrial projects, functioning as an organizer and gathering information. It also involves in various other business activities, including developing market potential; providing services for logistics and transportation and for information and communications; engaging in construction, developing natural resources; investing in the high-technology and multimedia fields; and promoting environmental protection.
The Textile Segment is engaged in various stages from rough material, thread, and textile to the final products for garments, home furnishing, and industrial materials. This segment performs production and sales on a worldwide. In addition, the segment promotes brand businesses development of high technology and retail operations of TV and Internet shopping. This segments major products and services include textile materials; industrial textiles; fabrics; apparel products; branded products based on total lifestyle theme, including apparel, food, and living; and fashion goods and accessories.
The Machinery Segment is engaged in various business activities ranging from projects in plants, bridges, railways, and other infrastructures to automobiles, ships, industrial machinery and other items. This segment also conducts business in water resources and environment-related equipment, as well as activities related to renewable and alternative energy.
This segment includes gas, oil, and petrochemical plants; ships; automobiles; rolling stock; power-generating equipment; construction machinery; textile machinery; industrial machinery; food machinery; plastics / polymer-related equipment; electronic devices / electronics-related equipment; devices and businesses related to water resources and the environment; devices and businesses related to renewable and alternative energy (solar cells); and IPP / IWPP (power generation / water desalination).
ICT, Aerospace, and Electronics
The ICT, Aerospace, and Electronics Segment is engaged in business activities involving IT-related systems provider business; broadcasting and communication business; electronic systems; Internet-related business; equipment for broadcasting and communication services; programming supply and entertainment related business; mobile equipment and services; life science business; systems and related equipment for computers and information processing; semiconductor equipment; aircraft and in-flight equipment; air transportation management systems; space-related equipment; and security equipment.
Energy, Metals & Minerals
The Energy, Metals & Minerals Segment is engaged in metal and mineral resource development, processing of steel products, environmental business, including trading in green house gas emissions, and trading in iron ore, coal, pig iron, and ferrous raw materials, non-ferrous and light metal and steel products in Japan and overseas. Also the segment is engaged in energy resource development and trading in crude oil, oil products, gas and nuclear fuels both domestically and abroad.
Chemicals, Forest Products & General Merchandise
The Chemicals, Forest Products & General Merchandise Segment is engaged in business activities involving various consumer products, such as lumber, pulp, paper, rubber, tire, cement and ceramic, and in basic chemicals, fine chemicals, plastics, and inorganic chemicals.
The Food Segment pursues efficient-oriented operations from production and distribution to retail in various areas of food from raw materials to finished products both domestically and abroad. Its products include wheat and barley; dairy products; vegetable oils; marine, livestock, and agri products; soybeans and corn; frozen foods; beverage materials (juice and coffee); processed foods and pet foods; sugar and sweeteners; and soft drinks and liquor.
Finance, Realty, Insurance & Logistics Services
The Finance, Realty, Insurance & Logistics Services Segment is engaged in structuring and sales of financial products, agency, broker and consulting services of insurance and reinsurance. In addition, this segment is engaged in third party logistics, warehousing, trucking, international intermodal transport, and developments and operations of real estate.
This segment includes foreign exchange and securities trading; asset management business; equity investment to funds; private finance initiatives (PFIs); loans; FX margin account trading; house construction; credit card / shopping credit; REIT management; golf courses; property development, sales and purchase, and asset management; insurance agent and insurance broker; domestic and international 3PL; brokerage and advisory service; and chartering.
The company has partnered with MAPLETREE Investments to develop logistics properties in Japan.
In the period ended March 31, 2009, the company acquired a 16% stake in an iron ore producer and distributor, Nacional Minerios S.A. (NAMISA), a subsidiary of Brazilian steel producer Companhia Sideru´ rgica Nacional (CSN).
ITOCHU Corporation was founded in 1858.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get up-to-date version for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. ITOCHU CORP. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. ITOCHU CORP. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. ITOCHU CORP. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. ITOCHU CORP. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. ITOCHU CORP. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Itochu Corp. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Itochu Corp. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Itochu Corp. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Itochu Corp. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Wholesale and Distribution Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Itochu Corp. Industry Position Analysis
6. ITOCHU CORP. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. ITOCHU CORP. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. ITOCHU CORP. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. JAPAN PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. ITOCHU CORP. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. ITOCHU CORP. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. ITOCHU CORP. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Itochu Corp. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Itochu Corp. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Itochu Corp. Major Shareholders
Itochu Corp. History
Itochu Corp. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Itochu Corp. Offices and Representations
Itochu Corp. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Itochu Corp. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Itochu Corp. Capital Market Snapshot
Itochu Corp. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Wholesale and Distribution Industry Statistics
Itochu Corp. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Itochu Corp. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Itochu Corp. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Itochu Corp. 1-year Stock Charts
Itochu Corp. 5-year Stock Charts
Itochu Corp. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Itochu Corp. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Itochu Corp. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?