- The report contains detailed information about Ingles Markets Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Ingles Markets Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Ingles Markets Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Ingles Markets Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Ingles Markets Inc. business.
About Ingles Markets Inc.
Ingles Markets, Incorporated operates a supermarket chain in the Southeast United States. The company operates supermarkets in Georgia, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, Virginia, and Alabama.
The companys supermarkets offer customers various food products, including grocery, meat and dairy products, produce, frozen foods, and other perishables. Non-food products include fuel centers, pharmacies, health and beauty care products, and general merchandise. It also offers private label items.
The company also owns and operates a milk processing and packaging plant that supplies the milk products sold by its supermarkets, as well as various orange milk, other fruit juices, and bottled water products. In addition, the milk processing and packaging plant sells its products to other retailers, food service distributors, and grocery warehouses in 17 states.
The company operates three lines of business, such as Retail Grocery Sales, Shopping Center Rentals, and a Fluid Dairy Processing Plant.
As of September 25, 2010, the company operated 193 supermarkets under the name Ingles, and 9 supermarkets under the name Sav-Mor with locations in western North Carolina, western South Carolina, northern Georgia, eastern Tennessee, southwestern Virginia and northeastern Alabama. The Sav-Mor store concept accommodates smaller shopping areas and carries a limited line of dry groceries, fresh meat and produce, all of which are displayed in a readily accessible environment.
The companys stores provide products and services, such as home meal replacement items, delicatessens, bakeries, floral departments, video rental departments, greeting cards and selections of organic, beverage and health-related items. As of September 25, 2010, the company operated 70 pharmacies and 67 fuel stations.
The companys stores carry selections of meats, produce and other perishables. It offers various fresh and non-perishable organic products, including organic milk. Its stores offer daily selections of home meal replacement items, such as rotisserie chicken and pork, Italian foods, fried chicken, meat loaf and other entrees, sandwiches, pre-packaged salads, sushi and prepared fresh vegetables. The bakery offers a selection of baked goods and self-service selections. It also provides its customers with a selection of frozen food items, including organics. The company operates fuel stations at 67 of its store locations. It also offers a salad bar, an expanded offering of cheeses, olives, gourmet items, and home meal replacement items. The companys private labels cover a range of products throughout the store, such as milk, bread, organic products, soft drinks, and canned goods.
The companys principal competitors include Aldi, Inc., Bi-Lo, LLC., Food City (K-VA-T Food Stores, Inc.), Food Lion (Delhaize America, Inc.), The Kroger Co., Publix Super Markets, Inc., Target Corporation, and Wal-Mart Stores, Inc.
Ingles Markets, Incorporated was founded in 1963.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. INGLES MARKETS INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. INGLES MARKETS INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. INGLES MARKETS INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. INGLES MARKETS INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. INGLES MARKETS INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Ingles Markets Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Ingles Markets Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Ingles Markets Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Ingles Markets Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Retail Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Ingles Markets Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. INGLES MARKETS INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. INGLES MARKETS INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. INGLES MARKETS INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. INGLES MARKETS INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. INGLES MARKETS INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. INGLES MARKETS INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Ingles Markets Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Ingles Markets Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Ingles Markets Inc. Major Shareholders
Ingles Markets Inc. History
Ingles Markets Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Ingles Markets Inc. Offices and Representations
Ingles Markets Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Ingles Markets Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Ingles Markets Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Ingles Markets Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Retail Industry Statistics
Ingles Markets Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Ingles Markets Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Ingles Markets Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Ingles Markets Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Ingles Markets Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Ingles Markets Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Ingles Markets Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Ingles Markets Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?