- The report contains detailed information about Industria de Diseno Textil SA that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Industria de Diseno Textil SA. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Industria de Diseno Textil SA financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Industria de Diseno Textil SA competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Industria de Diseno Textil SA business.
About Industria de Diseno Textil SA
Industria de Diseño Textil, S.A. (Inditex) and its subsidiaries form the Inditex Group comprising mainly companies engaging in the manufacturing and marketing of textiles and footwear, which Inditex manages on a centralised basis by applying policies and strategies at Group level.
The Group comprises several store chains, in which all stages of the value generation process are controlled: design, production, management of the supply chain, logistics and retail sales. Certain Group companies render supplementary or support services to the principal distribution business such as construction and refurbishment of shops, real estate services, etc. The names of the store chains and the number of sales outlets at 31 January 2003 are as follows:
The Group operates mainly through subsidiaries in which it holds a controlling interest. For example, footwear manufacture and products distribution in countries such as Germany, Italy and Japan is carried out through joint ventures.
The Company operates Commercial Chains that include Zara, Kiddy´s Class, Pull & Bear, Massimo Dutti, Bershka, Stradivarius and Oysho. The Company operates 1,558 stores in total of which 1,350 are own, and 208 are franchises.
ZARA is present in 44 countries with a network of 600 stores situated in privileged sites in large cities. At ZARA design is conceived as a process that is closely linked to the public.
Kiddys Class is a concept of childrens clothing that shares the commercial philosophy of the group: to offer quality apparel with up-to-date design and at affordable prices. Kiddys Class has a total of 59 stores in Spain and Portugal.
PULL AND BEAR has more than 300 stores placed on the best streets and shopping centres of 17 countries with two different commercial lines. The first one, also called PULL AND BEAR, is focused on a new generation of urban young people from 14 to 28.
Massimo Dutti, with more than 270 stores located in 23 countries, is the result of a universal design which crosses borders to connect with the men and women of today: independent, urban and cosmopolitan. It presents a complete variety of lines, ranging from the more urban and sophisticated to the more sporty. Basic and modern styles made with latest generation fabrics, but always practical, agreeable and of good quality. Discrete textures, 100% natural fabrics and innovative mixes offer as a result an impeccable image with the guarantee of maximum comfort.
Bershka was created in April 1998 as a new store and fashion concept, aimed at a younger target market, which now has more than 220 stores open in 11 countries. Bershka stores are large and spacious, with a modern appearance and designed to function as a meeting point for fashion, music and street art. Customers can watch videos, listen to CDs or read magazines, in a store where the shopping experience turns into a socio-cultural immersion into youth aesthetics of the new century.
Stradivarius reflects a young outlook on fashion, with a dynamic and original philosophy, offering the customer the latest trends in design, fabrics and accessories. Its more than 170 stores in 9 countries are flooded with colour, light, space and young music, creating an environment of sensations which immerses its customers to a world of quality fashion combined with the latest designs.
Oysho is the new chain of stores from the Inditex group that provides lingerie. Oysho transfers to the lingerie sector the philosophy of the Inditex group, offering the latest trends through quality products at reasonable prices.
Zara Home is the Inditex groups new chain specializing in articles to dress and decorate the home. The focus is on textiles bed, table and bathroom linen, complemented with crockery, cutlery, glassware and decorative items.
Zara home offers design, quality and novelty at competitive prices, this time to dress the home. A new offering that proposes different decorative atmospheres; Contemporary, Classic, Colonial and White, not forgetting about the little ones of the house. During 2003, the new chain will open around 20 stores in some of the main cities of Spain and Portugal.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. INDUSTRIA DE DISENO TEXTIL SA COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. INDUSTRIA DE DISENO TEXTIL SA BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. INDUSTRIA DE DISENO TEXTIL SA SWOT ANALYSIS
4. INDUSTRIA DE DISENO TEXTIL SA FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. INDUSTRIA DE DISENO TEXTIL SA COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Industria de Diseno Textil SA Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Industria de Diseno Textil SA and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Industria de Diseno Textil SA and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Industria de Diseno Textil SA Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Retail Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Industria de Diseno Textil SA Industry Position Analysis
6. INDUSTRIA DE DISENO TEXTIL SA NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. INDUSTRIA DE DISENO TEXTIL SA EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. INDUSTRIA DE DISENO TEXTIL SA ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. SPAIN PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. INDUSTRIA DE DISENO TEXTIL SA IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. INDUSTRIA DE DISENO TEXTIL SA PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. INDUSTRIA DE DISENO TEXTIL SA VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Industria de Diseno Textil SA Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Industria de Diseno Textil SA Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Industria de Diseno Textil SA Major Shareholders
Industria de Diseno Textil SA History
Industria de Diseno Textil SA Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Industria de Diseno Textil SA Offices and Representations
Industria de Diseno Textil SA SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Industria de Diseno Textil SA Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Industria de Diseno Textil SA Capital Market Snapshot
Industria de Diseno Textil SA Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Retail Industry Statistics
Industria de Diseno Textil SA Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Industria de Diseno Textil SA Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Industria de Diseno Textil SA Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Industria de Diseno Textil SA 1-year Stock Charts
Industria de Diseno Textil SA 5-year Stock Charts
Industria de Diseno Textil SA vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Industria de Diseno Textil SA vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Industria de Diseno Textil SA Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?