- The report contains detailed information about Imperial Holdings Ltd. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Imperial Holdings Ltd.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Imperial Holdings Ltd. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Imperial Holdings Ltd. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Imperial Holdings Ltd. business.
About Imperial Holdings Ltd.
Imperial Holdings Limited operates as a multinational industrial services and retail group with activities spanning logistics, car rental and tourism, vehicle retailing, and related financial services in South and southern Africa, selected parts of Africa, Europe, the United Kingdom, and Australia.
The company operates through five divisions: Logistics in Southern Africa and Europe; Car Rental and Tourism; Vehicle Distributorships; Vehicle Dealerships; and Insurance.
The Logistics Division offers integrated solutions to a range of large and small customers in southern Africa. Offshore, its logistics operations are housed in Imperial Logistics International, which provides logistics solutions from parts distribution, just-in-time component delivery, and warehousing, to inland waterway shipping, trucking, container handling, and related value-added services. The division has two distinct businesses southern Africa and international.
Southern African Logistics
Imperial Logistics Southern Africa comprises four core divisions, including Transport and Warehousing; Specialized Freight; Consumer Logistics; and Integrated Services.
Transport and Warehousing focuses mainly on the automotive, construction, lubricants, mining, packaging, paper, and glass industries. It delivers logistics and supply chain services throughout southern Africa with offices in various African countries.
Specialized Freight operates a fleet of bulk tankers in southern Africa under various brand names, such as Tanker Services, focused on the food, chemicals, fuels and gas, construction, and mining industries.
Consumer Logistics focuses on the fast-moving consumer goods (FMCG) and retail industry. It offers integrated supply chain solutions to a range of FMCG companies, as well as the agriculture and furniture markets.
Integrated Services houses fee earning asset-light businesses that provide logistics solutions to complement and improve existing divisional service offerings with professional services.
Acquisitions: The Southern African Logistics division acquired 60% of Tip Trans Holdings; 60% of Express Hauliers; 70% of Logistical Transportation Services; 55% of Rustgold; 50,1% of Volition Consulting Services; and the minority shareholder in Liebentrans.
Imperial Logistics Internationals operations include logistics services, warehousing, clearing and forwarding, container operations, and multi-modal transportation. Global services range from complex warehousing and distribution projects to made-to-measure water, air, and land transport. Imperial International manages four logistics services providers and their subsidiaries and affiliates:
Imperial Reederei Europes inland shipping company with a transport volume of approximately 45 million tonnes per annum, focused on bulk cargo and container shipping in European river and canal systems.
Panopa Logistik a customized contract logistics services provider specializing in complex services focused on automobile, steel, and spare parts logistics with a blue-chip customer base.
Neska engages in transshipment and warehousing along the Rhine River and in ferroalloy handling in Europe, with storage and warehousing facilities in Germany and Belgium. The company uses a multimodal system combining truck, rail, and ship for national and international customers.
Brouwer Shipping and Chartering Brouwer focuses on ship chartering and transportation of bulk and other cargo, such as steel, scrap, tubes and pipes, coke, coal, fertiliser, grain, and fodder.
Acquisitions: Imperial Logistics International acquired Hansmann, a logistics provider to the automotive industry in Wolfsburg, Germany, and Garex, which provides similar services in Poland.
CAR RENTAL AND TOURISM
The Car Rental and Tourism Division houses the car rental and tourism interests of the company. Vehicle rental operations span the domestic corporate and leisure sectors, insurance replacement market, as well as inbound tourists, with support services available at approximately 136 locations across southern Africa. It also has positions at major airp
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. IMPERIAL HOLDINGS LTD. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. IMPERIAL HOLDINGS LTD. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. IMPERIAL HOLDINGS LTD. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. IMPERIAL HOLDINGS LTD. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. IMPERIAL HOLDINGS LTD. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Imperial Holdings Ltd. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Imperial Holdings Ltd. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Imperial Holdings Ltd. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Imperial Holdings Ltd. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Wholesale and Distribution Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Imperial Holdings Ltd. Industry Position Analysis
6. IMPERIAL HOLDINGS LTD. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. IMPERIAL HOLDINGS LTD. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. IMPERIAL HOLDINGS LTD. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. SOUTH AFRICA PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. IMPERIAL HOLDINGS LTD. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. IMPERIAL HOLDINGS LTD. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. IMPERIAL HOLDINGS LTD. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Imperial Holdings Ltd. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Imperial Holdings Ltd. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Imperial Holdings Ltd. Major Shareholders
Imperial Holdings Ltd. History
Imperial Holdings Ltd. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Imperial Holdings Ltd. Offices and Representations
Imperial Holdings Ltd. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Imperial Holdings Ltd. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Imperial Holdings Ltd. Capital Market Snapshot
Imperial Holdings Ltd. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Wholesale and Distribution Industry Statistics
Imperial Holdings Ltd. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Imperial Holdings Ltd. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Imperial Holdings Ltd. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Imperial Holdings Ltd. 1-year Stock Charts
Imperial Holdings Ltd. 5-year Stock Charts
Imperial Holdings Ltd. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Imperial Holdings Ltd. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Imperial Holdings Ltd. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?