- The report contains detailed information about Hennes & Mauritz AB that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Hennes & Mauritz AB. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Hennes & Mauritz AB financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Hennes & Mauritz AB competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Hennes & Mauritz AB business.
About Hennes & Mauritz AB
H & M Hennes & Mauritz AB engages in the sale of clothing and cosmetics to consumers. The companys business is operated from leased store premises as well as through Internet and catalogue sales. As of November 2008, it was present in 33 countries.
The company, as of November 31, 2008, operates 1,738 stores, of which 18 are franchise stores, 17 are Monki stores and 8 are Weekday stores. Its Internet and catalogue sales are offered in Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Finland, the Netherlands, Germany and Austria. The companys new stores were launched in several markets, including one in Barcelona, as well as a 3,000 sqm flagship store on Regent Street in London.
Women: The womens collections are intended for fashion-minded women of all ages. The range includes modern basics, modified classics, sportswear, and maternity clothes. The collections are complemented by matching accessories, underwear and shoes.
Men: The mens collections include leisurewear and seasonal fashions that reflect the latest trends. Matching accessories, underwear and shoes are also included in the mens collection.
Cosmetics: H&Ms cosmetics provide a range of makeup, skin care and body care products.
Children: The childrens range is divided into various concepts for babies (0 18 months), children (1.5 8 years), and H&M Young (9 14 years).
&denim: The jeans concept &denim includes everything from traditional five-pocket jeans to trendy fashion jeans. A selection of &denim models in organic cotton has been available.
Divided: The range includes denim and street fashions for all occasions, from everyday looks to partywear, complemented by matching accessories and underwear.
In April 2008, H&M acquired 60 percent of the shares in the privately-owned Swedish fashion company FaBric Scandinavien AB. This company designs and sells fashion under brands, such as Cheap Monday and operates the retail chains Weekday and Monki.
H & M Hennes & Mauritz AB was founded in 1947.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. HENNES & MAURITZ AB COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. HENNES & MAURITZ AB BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. HENNES & MAURITZ AB SWOT ANALYSIS
4. HENNES & MAURITZ AB FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. HENNES & MAURITZ AB COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Hennes & Mauritz AB Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Hennes & Mauritz AB and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Hennes & Mauritz AB and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Hennes & Mauritz AB Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Retail Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Hennes & Mauritz AB Industry Position Analysis
6. HENNES & MAURITZ AB NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. HENNES & MAURITZ AB EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. HENNES & MAURITZ AB ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. SWEDEN PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. HENNES & MAURITZ AB IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. HENNES & MAURITZ AB PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. HENNES & MAURITZ AB VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Hennes & Mauritz AB Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Hennes & Mauritz AB Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Hennes & Mauritz AB Major Shareholders
Hennes & Mauritz AB History
Hennes & Mauritz AB Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Hennes & Mauritz AB Offices and Representations
Hennes & Mauritz AB SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Hennes & Mauritz AB Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Hennes & Mauritz AB Capital Market Snapshot
Hennes & Mauritz AB Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Retail Industry Statistics
Hennes & Mauritz AB Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Hennes & Mauritz AB Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Hennes & Mauritz AB Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Hennes & Mauritz AB 1-year Stock Charts
Hennes & Mauritz AB 5-year Stock Charts
Hennes & Mauritz AB vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Hennes & Mauritz AB vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Hennes & Mauritz AB Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?