- The report contains detailed information about H&E Equipment Services Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for H&E Equipment Services Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The H&E Equipment Services Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes H&E Equipment Services Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of H&E Equipment Services Inc. business.
About H&E Equipment Services Inc.
H&E Equipment Services, Inc. operates as an equipment service company focused on heavy construction and industrial equipment in the United States. The company rents, sells, and provides parts and service support for four main categories of specialized equipment: hi-lift or aerial platform equipment; cranes; earthmoving equipment; and industrial lift trucks.
The company engages in five principal business activities in these equipment categories: equipment rental; new equipment sales; used equipment sales; parts sales; and repair and maintenance services.
Products and Services
Equipment Rentals: The company rents heavy construction and industrial equipment to customers on a daily, weekly and monthly basis. It has a rental fleet that, as of December 31, 2009, consisted of 16,003 pieces of equipment.
New Equipment Sales: The company sells new heavy construction and industrial equipment in all four equipment categories, and distributes for suppliers, including JLG Industries, Gehl, Genie Industries (Terex), Komatsu, and Bobcat. In addition, it also is a distributor of Grove and Manitowoc crane equipment.
Used Equipment Sales: The company sells used equipment primarily from its rental fleet, as well as inventoried equipment that are acquired through trade-ins from customers and selective purchases of used equipment.
Parts Sales: The company sells new and used parts to customers and also provides parts to its own rental fleet. It maintains an inventory to provide parts and service support to customers as well as to its own rental fleet.
Service Support: The company provides maintenance and repair services for customers owned equipment and to its own rental fleet. In addition to repair and maintenance on an as-needed or scheduled basis, the company provides preventative maintenance services and warranty repairs for its customers.
The company also provides ancillary equipment support activities, including transportation, hauling, parts shipping and loss damage waivers.
The company serves approximately 29,500 customers in the United States, primarily in the West Coast, Intermountain, Southwest, Gulf Coast, Southeast, and Mid-Atlantic regions. The company's customers include a range of industrial and commercial companies, construction contractors, manufacturers, public utilities, municipalities, maintenance contractors, and various other industrial accounts.
The companys competitors include United Rentals, Hertz Equipment Rental, and RSC Equipment Rental.
The company was founded in 1961. It was formerly known as H&E Equipment Services L.L.C. and changed its name to H&E Equipment Services, Inc. in 2006.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. H&E EQUIPMENT SERVICES INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. H&E EQUIPMENT SERVICES INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. H&E EQUIPMENT SERVICES INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. H&E EQUIPMENT SERVICES INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. H&E EQUIPMENT SERVICES INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. H&E Equipment Services Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of H&E Equipment Services Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of H&E Equipment Services Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. H&E Equipment Services Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Wholesale and Distribution Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. H&E Equipment Services Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. H&E EQUIPMENT SERVICES INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. H&E EQUIPMENT SERVICES INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. H&E EQUIPMENT SERVICES INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. H&E EQUIPMENT SERVICES INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. H&E EQUIPMENT SERVICES INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. H&E EQUIPMENT SERVICES INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
H&E Equipment Services Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
H&E Equipment Services Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
H&E Equipment Services Inc. Major Shareholders
H&E Equipment Services Inc. History
H&E Equipment Services Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
H&E Equipment Services Inc. Offices and Representations
H&E Equipment Services Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
H&E Equipment Services Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
H&E Equipment Services Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
H&E Equipment Services Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Wholesale and Distribution Industry Statistics
H&E Equipment Services Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
H&E Equipment Services Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
H&E Equipment Services Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
H&E Equipment Services Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
H&E Equipment Services Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
H&E Equipment Services Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
H&E Equipment Services Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
H&E Equipment Services Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?