- The report contains detailed information about Group 1 Automotive Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Group 1 Automotive Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Group 1 Automotive Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Group 1 Automotive Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Group 1 Automotive Inc. business.
About Group 1 Automotive Inc.
Group 1 Automotive, Inc. operates in the automotive retail industry. The company, through its operating subsidiaries, markets and sells a range of automotive products and services, including new and used vehicles and related financing, vehicle maintenance and repair services, replacement parts, warranty, insurance and extended service contracts.
As of December 31, 2009, the company owned and operated 124 franchises at 95 dealership locations and 22 collision service centers in the United States of America and 6 franchises at 3 dealerships and 2 collision centers in the United Kingdom. The companys operations are primarily located in major metropolitan areas in the states of Alabama, California, Florida, Georgia, Kansas, Louisiana, Maryland, Massachusetts, Mississippi, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Oklahoma, South Carolina and Texas in the U.S.; and in the towns of Brighton, Hailsham, and Worthing in the U.K.
New Vehicle Sales: In 2009, the company sold or leased 83,182 new vehicles representing 31 brands in retail transactions at its dealerships.
Used Vehicle Sales: The company sells used vehicles at each of its franchised dealerships. In 2009, it sold or leased 54,067 used vehicles at its dealerships, and sold 27,793 used vehicles in wholesale markets. The companys new vehicle operations provide its used vehicle operations with a supply of trade-ins and off-lease vehicles. Its dealerships supplement their used vehicle inventory from purchases at auctions, including manufacturer-sponsored auctions available only to franchised dealers, and from wholesalers.
Parts and Service Sales: The company sells replacement parts and provides maintenance and repair services at each of its franchised dealerships and provides collision repair services at the 24 collision centers that it operates. It performs both warranty and non-warranty service works at its dealerships, primarily for the vehicle brand(s) sold at a particular dealership. The companys parts and service departments also perform used vehicle reconditioning and new vehicle preparation services for which they realize a profit when a vehicle is sold to a retail customer.
Finance and Insurance Sales: The company offers various third-party finance, vehicle service, and insurance products. It offers all of its products on menus that display pricing and other information, allowing customers to choose the products that suit their needs. The company arranges third-party purchase and lease financing for its customers. These third-party finance companies include manufacturers captive finance companies, selected commercial banks and various other third-parties, including credit unions and regional auto finance companies.
New and Used Vehicle Inventory Financing: The companys dealerships finance their inventory purchases through the floorplan portion of its revolving credit facility and a separate floorplan credit facility arrangement with one of the manufacturer, Ford, that the company represents.
Group 1 Automotive, Inc. was founded in 1995.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. GROUP 1 AUTOMOTIVE INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. GROUP 1 AUTOMOTIVE INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. GROUP 1 AUTOMOTIVE INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. GROUP 1 AUTOMOTIVE INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. GROUP 1 AUTOMOTIVE INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Group 1 Automotive Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Group 1 Automotive Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Group 1 Automotive Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Group 1 Automotive Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Retail Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Group 1 Automotive Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. GROUP 1 AUTOMOTIVE INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. GROUP 1 AUTOMOTIVE INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. GROUP 1 AUTOMOTIVE INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. GROUP 1 AUTOMOTIVE INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. GROUP 1 AUTOMOTIVE INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. GROUP 1 AUTOMOTIVE INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Group 1 Automotive Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Group 1 Automotive Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Group 1 Automotive Inc. Major Shareholders
Group 1 Automotive Inc. History
Group 1 Automotive Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Group 1 Automotive Inc. Offices and Representations
Group 1 Automotive Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Group 1 Automotive Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Group 1 Automotive Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Group 1 Automotive Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Retail Industry Statistics
Group 1 Automotive Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Group 1 Automotive Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Group 1 Automotive Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Group 1 Automotive Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Group 1 Automotive Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Group 1 Automotive Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Group 1 Automotive Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Group 1 Automotive Inc. Article Density Chart
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
Porter Five Forces Analysis
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?