- The report contains detailed information about Geeknet, Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Geeknet, Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Geeknet, Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Geeknet, Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Geeknet, Inc. business.
About Geeknet, Inc.
Geeknet, Inc. operates as an online network for the global geek community. The company provides its audiences with content, culture, connections, and commerce.
The companys segments include Media and E-commerce.
This segment consists of a network of Web sites targeted at the global geek community. The companys audience of technology professionals and technology enthusiasts relies on its Web sites SourceForge, Slashdot, Ohloh, and freshmeat to create, improve, compare and distribute Open Source software, and to debate and discuss issues relating to technology. Its E-commerce segment sells geek-themed retail products to technology enthusiasts and general consumers through its ThinkGeek Web site.
This segment connects influential technology professionals and technology enthusiasts. These Web sites serve approximately 37 million visitors per month worldwide. Its Media business is supported by advertisers who want to reach its audience of visitors to its Web sites.
SourceForge provides the Open Source community with a peer production platform to develop, host and distribute Open Source software worldwide. As of December 31, 2009, SourceForge hosted approximately 208,000 Open Source projects and had 2.4 million registered users. The majority of the companys traffic originates from countries outside the United States. SourceForge served 31.7 million visitors in December 2009.
Slashdot serves technology professionals and technology enthusiasts with peer-produced and peer-moderated technology news and discussion. Slashdots on-line conversations and interactions utilizes its comment and moderation system. Slashdot served 3.8 million visitors in December 2009.
Ohloh: It is an up-to-date software directory available on the Web. Ohloh served 1.4 million visitors in December 2009.
Freshmeat indexes downloadable Linux, Unix and cross-platform software for a worldwide IT audience. Freshmeat served 0.6 million visitors in December 2009.
During 2009, the company sold its Linux.com Web site to the Linux Foundation.
This segment sells various retail products of interest to technology enthusiasts and general consumers through its ThinkGeek.com Web site. It offers a significantly broader range of products in a single Web property than are available in traditional brick-and-mortar stores, introduce a range of new products to its audience on a regular basis and also develops, manufactures and sells its own Invented at ThinkGeek custom products. The companys customers are able to buy gadgets, apparel, caffeinated products, electronics, toys and other specialty items with a single check-out.
Sales and Marketing
Media: The company sells advertising on its Media Web sites through its United States-based direct sales organization, ad networks (primarily Google Inc.s AdSense for Content) and international and other third-party representatives.
Media: The company competes with various sites that host and support Open Source development activities, such as Github.com and Berlios.de, and competes with online technology news and information community sites, such as news.google.com, Digg.com, and Reddit.com.
E-commerce: The company competes with online or mail-order retailers, such as X-tremegeek, Firebox (U.K.), iwantoneofthose.com, jinx.com, and Computergear and with Internet portals and online service providers that feature shopping services, such as Amazon.com and Yahoo!
The company was founded in 1993. It was formerly known as SourceForge, Inc. and changed its name to Geeknet, Inc. in 2009.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. GEEKNET, INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. GEEKNET, INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. GEEKNET, INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. GEEKNET, INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. GEEKNET, INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Geeknet, Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Geeknet, Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Geeknet, Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Geeknet, Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Retail Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Geeknet, Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. GEEKNET, INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. GEEKNET, INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. GEEKNET, INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. GEEKNET, INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. GEEKNET, INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. GEEKNET, INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Geeknet, Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Geeknet, Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Geeknet, Inc. Major Shareholders
Geeknet, Inc. History
Geeknet, Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Geeknet, Inc. Offices and Representations
Geeknet, Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Geeknet, Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Geeknet, Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Geeknet, Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Retail Industry Statistics
Geeknet, Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Geeknet, Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Geeknet, Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Geeknet, Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Geeknet, Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Geeknet, Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Geeknet, Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Geeknet, Inc. Article Density Chart
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
Porter Five Forces Analysis
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?