- The report contains detailed information about Gap Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Gap Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Gap Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Gap Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Gap Inc. business.
About Gap Inc.
The Gap, Inc. operates as a specialty retailer. The company offers clothing, accessories, and personal care products for men, women, children, and babies under the Gap, Old Navy, Banana Republic, Piperlime, and Athleta brands.
The company operates stores in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, France, Ireland, and Japan. It also has franchise agreements with unaffiliated franchisees to operate Gap and Banana Republic stores in other countries worldwide. The company designs most of its products, which are manufactured by independent sources, and sells them under its brands:
Gap: Gap stores offer a selection of casual apparel. Products range from wardrobe basics, such as denim, khakis, and T-shirts to fashion apparel, accessories, and personal care products for men and women. These stores offer casual apparel and accessories in the tradition of Gap style for children ages newborn through pre-teen. The company also offers maternity apparel. The company offers GapBody for womens underwear, sleepwear, loungewear, and sports and active apparel. The company also operates Gap Outlet stores, which carry similar categories of products.
Old Navy: Old Navy offers selections of apparel, shoes, and accessories for adults, children, and infants, as well as other items, including a maternity line, consumables, and personal care products.
Banana Republic: Banana Republic offers collections of casual and modified apparel, shoes, accessories, and personal care products for men and women. The company also operates Banana Republic Factory Stores, which carry similar categories of products. As of January 30, 2010, the company operated a total of 3,095 store locations.
The company has two additional brands: Piperlime, an online-only store located at piperlime.com, and Athleta, an online and catalog store located at athleta.com.
Piperlime: Piperlime offers customers an assortment of the brands in footwear, handbags, apparel, and jewelry for women and footwear for men and kids, as well as tips, trends, and advice from style authorities.
Athleta: Athleta offers customers womens sports and active apparel and footwear, including golf, running, skiing and snowboarding, tennis, and yoga. Customers can purchase Athleta product, as well as an assortment of products from brands in womens active wear, online or through the catalog.
The company has franchise agreements with unaffiliated franchisees to operate Gap and/or Banana Republic stores in Australia, Bahrain, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Egypt, Greece, Indonesia, Israel, Jordan, Kuwait, Malaysia, Mexico, Oman, Philippines, Qatar, Romania, Russia, Saudi Arabia, Singapore, South Korea, Thailand, Turkey, and the United Arab Emirates.
In November 2010, Gap Inc. opened its store in China. The Gap's 1,140-square-metre (12,270-square-foot) Shanghai would open in China along with an online store.
In November 2010, Gap Inc. had opened its four wholly owned Gap stores in China. Each store would house all Gap collections: Gap, GapKids, baby gap, and Gap body.
The Gap, Inc. was founded in 1969.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. GAP INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. GAP INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. GAP INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. GAP INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. GAP INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Gap Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Gap Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Gap Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Gap Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Retail Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Gap Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. GAP INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. GAP INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. GAP INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. GAP INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. GAP INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. GAP INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Gap Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Gap Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Gap Inc. Major Shareholders
Gap Inc. History
Gap Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Gap Inc. Offices and Representations
Gap Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Gap Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Gap Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Gap Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Retail Industry Statistics
Gap Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Gap Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Gap Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Gap Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Gap Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Gap Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Gap Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Gap Inc. Article Density Chart
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
Porter Five Forces Analysis
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?