- The report contains detailed information about GameStop Corp. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for GameStop Corp.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The GameStop Corp. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes GameStop Corp. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of GameStop Corp. business.
About GameStop Corp.
GameStop Corp. operates as a retailer of video game products and personal computer (PC) entertainment software. The company sells new and used video game hardware, video game software, and accessories, as well as PC entertainment software, and related accessories and other merchandise, such as trading cards and strategy guides.
As of January 30, 2010, the company operated 6,450 stores in the United States, Australia, Canada, and Europe, primarily under the names GameStop and EB Games. The company also operates electronic commerce Web sites, including www.gamestop.com, and publishes Game Informer, a multi-platform video game magazine in the United States with approximately 4.0 million subscribers.
Video Game Hardware: The company offers the video game platforms of major manufacturers, including the Sony PlayStation 2 and 3 and PSP, Microsoft Xbox 360, the Nintendo Wii and DSi. It also offers extended service agreements on video game hardware and software. It promotes the sale of video game platforms.
Video Game Software: The company purchases new video game software from the manufacturers, including Sony, Nintendo, and Microsoft, as well as approximately 40 third-party game publishers, such as Electronic Arts and Activision. The company generally carries approximately 1,000 SKUs of new video game software at any given time across various genres, including Sports, Action, Strategy, Adventure/Role Playing, and Simulation.
Used Video Game Products: The company is a retailer of used video games worldwide. It provides its customers with an opportunity to trade in their used video game products in its stores in exchange for store credits which can be applied towards the purchase of other products, primarily new merchandise. The company operates refurbishment centers in the U.S., Canada, Australia, and Europe where defective video game products can be tested, repaired, relabeled, repackaged, and redistributed back to its stores.
PC Entertainment and Other Software: The company purchases PC entertainment software from approximately 25 publishers, including Electronic Arts, Microsoft, and Vivendi Universal. The company offers PC entertainment software across various genres, including Sports, Action, Strategy, Adventure/Role Playing, and Simulation.
Accessories and Other Products: Video game accessories consist primarily of controllers, memory cards and other add-ons. The company also carries strategy guides, magazines, and trading cards. It carries approximately 300 SKUs of accessories and other products.
The company publishes Game Informer Magazine, a monthly video game magazine featuring reviews of new title releases, tips and secrets about existing games and news regarding developments in the electronic game industry. In addition, the company offers the GameStop loyalty card as a bonus with each paid subscription, providing its subscribers with a discount on selected merchandise. It also operates the Web site www.gameinformer.com, which is the premier destination for moment-by-moment news, features and reviews related to video gaming.
The company operates various electronic commerce Web sites in various countries, including www.gamestop.com, www.ebgames.com.au, www.gamestop.ca, www.gamestop.it, and www.micromania.fr, that allow its customers to buy video game products and other merchandise online. The sites also offer customers information and content about available games, release dates for upcoming games, and access to store information, such as location and product availability. It has entered into an arrangement with Barnes & Noble under which www.gamestop.com became the specialty video game retailer listed on www.bn.com, Barnes & Nobles e-commerce site.
In the U.S., the company competes with Wal-Mart Stores, Inc. (Wal-Mart); Target Corporation (Target); Best Buy Co., Inc. (Best Buy); Movie Gallery, Inc. (Movie Gallery); and Blockbuster, Inc. (Blockbuster). Competitors in Europe include Game Group plc (Game Group) and its subsidiaries, which operate in the United Kingdom, Ireland, Scandinavia, France, Spain, and Portugal; and Media Markt and Carrefour, which operate throughout Europe, and other regional hypermarket chains. Competitors in Canada include Wal-Mart, Best Buy and its subsidiary Future Shop. In Australia, competitors include Game Group, K-Mart, Target, and JB HiFi stores.
GameStop Corp. was founded in 1994.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. GAMESTOP CORP. COMPANY PROFILE
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. GAMESTOP CORP. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. GAMESTOP CORP. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. GAMESTOP CORP. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. GAMESTOP CORP. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. GameStop Corp. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of GameStop Corp. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of GameStop Corp. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. GameStop Corp. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Retail Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. GameStop Corp. Industry Position Analysis
6. GAMESTOP CORP. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. GAMESTOP CORP. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. GAMESTOP CORP. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. GAMESTOP CORP. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. GAMESTOP CORP. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. GAMESTOP CORP. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
GameStop Corp. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
GameStop Corp. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
GameStop Corp. Major Shareholders
GameStop Corp. History
GameStop Corp. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
GameStop Corp. Offices and Representations
GameStop Corp. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
GameStop Corp. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
GameStop Corp. Capital Market Snapshot
GameStop Corp. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Retail Industry Statistics
GameStop Corp. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
GameStop Corp. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
GameStop Corp. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
GameStop Corp. 1-year Stock Charts
GameStop Corp. 5-year Stock Charts
GameStop Corp. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
GameStop Corp. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
GameStop Corp. Article Density Chart
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
Porter Five Forces Analysis
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?