- The report contains detailed information about Etablissements Delhaize Freres et Cie "Le Lion"" S.A." that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Etablissements Delhaize Freres et Cie "Le Lion"" S.A.". It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Etablissements Delhaize Freres et Cie "Le Lion"" S.A." financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Etablissements Delhaize Freres et Cie "Le Lion"" S.A." competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Etablissements Delhaize Freres et Cie "Le Lion"" S.A." business.
About Etablissements Delhaize Freres et Cie "Le Lion"" S.A."
Etablissements Delhaize Freres Et Cie Le Lion engages in the operation of food supermarkets in North America, Europe and Southeast Asia. The companys sales network also includes other store formats, such as proximity stores and specialty stores.
The company, in addition to food retailing, engages in food wholesaling and non-food retailing of products, such as pet products and prescription drugs. As of September 30, 2010, the companys sales network consisted of 2 760 stores.
The company engages in one line of business in the United States, the operation of food supermarkets in the southeastern, mid-Atlantic, and northeastern regions of the United States under the banners Food Lion, Hannaford, Sweetbay Supermarket, Bloom, Bottom Dollar Food, Reids, and Harveys. The company operates 1,607 supermarkets in 16 states in the eastern United States.
The companys the U.S. supermarkets sell various groceries, produce, meats, dairy products, seafood, frozen food, deli/bakery products, and non-food items, such as prescriptions, health and beauty care, and other household and personal products. Its U.S. stores offer nationally and regionally advertised brand name merchandise, as well as products manufactured and packaged under private brands. Food Lion offers between 15,000 and 20,000 stock-keeping units (SKUs) in its supermarkets, Harveys between 15,000 and 20,000 SKUs, Bloom between 21,000 and 25,000 SKUs, Bottom Dollar Food between 6,500 and 8,000 SKUs, Sweetbay between 28,000 and 40,000 SKUs, and Hannaford between 31,000 and 45,000 SKUs. Each of its principal U.S. banners offers its own line of private brand products. Food Lion has approximately 3,800 private brand SKUs, Hannaford approximately 5,500 private brand SKUs, and Sweetbay offered approximately 3,500 SKUs under its private brand program.
The company has 134 pharmacies in Hannaford stores, 77 pharmacies in Sweetbay stores, 28 pharmacies in Food Lion stores, 22 pharmacies in Harveys stores, and 7 pharmacies in Bloom stores.
Competition: The major competitors of Food Lion include Wal-Mart, Kroger, Harris Teeter, Bi-Lo, Lowes Food, and Save-A-Lot. The major competitors of Hannaford include Supervalu (Shaws), Price Chopper, Wal-Mart, DeMoulas (Market Basket), and Royal Ahold (Stop & Shop). The major competitors of Sweetbay include Publix, Winn-Dixie, and Wal-Mart.
Belgium and the Grand Duchy of Luxembourg
The Belgian food retail market is characterized by a presence of supermarkets, discount stores, and independent shopkeepers. Its network includes 369 supermarkets under the Delhaize Le Lion, AD Delhaize, and Red Market banners, 287 smaller conveniently located stores primarily under the Proxy Delhaize, Delhaize City, and Shop n Go banners. It also includes 136 pet food and products stores operated under the Tom & Co. banner. The company operates 41 stores in the Grand Duchy of Luxembourg.
Assortment: The companys supermarkets in Belgium and the Grand Duchy of Luxembourg sell various groceries, produce, meats, dairy products, seafood, frozen food, deli/bakery products, and nonfood items, such as health and beauty care, and other household and personal products. Delhaize Belgium also offers lottery and postal products in part of its network. In Belgium, it also developed a range of organic products. Delhaize Belgium introduced Eco-line, an assortment of detergents.
Supermarkets: The supermarkets operated by the company, in Belgium and the Grand Duchy of Luxembourg carry the Delhaize Le Lion banner. The company has 144 company-operated supermarkets. A Delhaize Le Lion supermarket offers approximately 17,000 SKUs and the AD Delhaize supermarkets offer approximately 12,000 SKUs.
Red Market: The company has the two Red Market stores. The Red Market offers approximately 6,000 SKUs, including dry and fresh products and national, as well as private brand products.
Proximity Stores: The companys network of proximity stores in Belgium and the Grand Duchy of Luxembourg consisted of 287 stores under the Delhaize City, Proxy Delhaize, and Shop n Go banners. The Delhaize City stores are company-operated proximity stores targeting primarily urban customers. Proxy Delhaize and Shop n Go are affiliated stores. Proxy Delhaize stores offer approximately 6,500 SKUs. Most Shop n Go stores offer approximately 2,000 SKUs.
E-commerce: Caddy-Home, the companys food products home delivery banner in Belgium, sells food products to customers for which orders can be placed by the Internet, telephone or fax. Caddy-Home operates in 17 cities throughout Belgium, offering approximately 5,500 SKUs to customers. Delhaize Belgium offers Delhaize Direct, allowing customers to order their groceries through the Internet and pick them up at their local store.
Specialty Stores: Tom & Co. is a specialty chain focusing on food and accessories for pets.
Private Brand: In Belgium, the company promotes three different lines of private brand products, including approximately 6,000 different SKUs under the brands Delhaize, Taste of Inspirations, and Care. The Care assortment includes various general merchandise, and health and beauty products.
Competition: The company faces competition from national retailers in Belgium, such as Colruyt and Mestdagh.
In Greece, the company owns 89.93% interest of Alfa Beta Vassilopoulos S.A., a food retailer. Alfa Beta Vassilopoulos S.A. operates 142 supermarkets under the Alfa Beta banner, 10 cash & carry stores under the ENA banner, 13 AB City stores and serves 39 affiliated stores operated under the AB Food Market and AB Shop & Go banners, and 10 Koryfi stores.
Rest of World
Romania: The company owns 100% interest in Mega Image. Mega Image operates 51 supermarkets in Romania. Mega Image owns 4 prodas stores. Mega Images stores offer the private brand ranges 365, Care, and the house brands available at Delhaize Belgium and Alfa Beta. Mega Image offers a private brand for traditional Romanian products, called Gusturi Romanesti (Romanian Tastes).
Indonesia: The company owns interest in P.T. Super Indo LLC, an operator of 66 stores. It owns 51% of Super Indo.
Etablissements Delhaize Freres Et Cie Le Lion was founded in 1867.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. ETABLISSEMENTS DELHAIZE FRERES ET CIE "LE LION"" S.A." COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. ETABLISSEMENTS DELHAIZE FRERES ET CIE "LE LION"" S.A." BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. ETABLISSEMENTS DELHAIZE FRERES ET CIE "LE LION"" S.A." SWOT ANALYSIS
4. ETABLISSEMENTS DELHAIZE FRERES ET CIE "LE LION"" S.A." FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. ETABLISSEMENTS DELHAIZE FRERES ET CIE "LE LION"" S.A." COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Etablissements Delhaize Freres et Cie "Le Lion"" S.A." Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Etablissements Delhaize Freres et Cie "Le Lion"" S.A." and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Etablissements Delhaize Freres et Cie "Le Lion"" S.A." and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Etablissements Delhaize Freres et Cie "Le Lion"" S.A." Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Retail Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Etablissements Delhaize Freres et Cie "Le Lion"" S.A." Industry Position Analysis
6. ETABLISSEMENTS DELHAIZE FRERES ET CIE "LE LION"" S.A." NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. ETABLISSEMENTS DELHAIZE FRERES ET CIE "LE LION"" S.A." EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. ETABLISSEMENTS DELHAIZE FRERES ET CIE "LE LION"" S.A." ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. BELGIUM PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. ETABLISSEMENTS DELHAIZE FRERES ET CIE "LE LION"" S.A." IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. ETABLISSEMENTS DELHAIZE FRERES ET CIE "LE LION"" S.A." PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. ETABLISSEMENTS DELHAIZE FRERES ET CIE "LE LION"" S.A." VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Etablissements Delhaize Freres et Cie "Le Lion"" S.A." Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Etablissements Delhaize Freres et Cie "Le Lion"" S.A." Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Etablissements Delhaize Freres et Cie "Le Lion"" S.A." Major Shareholders
Etablissements Delhaize Freres et Cie "Le Lion"" S.A." History
Etablissements Delhaize Freres et Cie "Le Lion"" S.A." Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Etablissements Delhaize Freres et Cie "Le Lion"" S.A." Offices and Representations
Etablissements Delhaize Freres et Cie "Le Lion"" S.A." SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Etablissements Delhaize Freres et Cie "Le Lion"" S.A." Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Etablissements Delhaize Freres et Cie "Le Lion"" S.A." Capital Market Snapshot
Etablissements Delhaize Freres et Cie "Le Lion"" S.A." Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Retail Industry Statistics
Etablissements Delhaize Freres et Cie "Le Lion"" S.A." Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Etablissements Delhaize Freres et Cie "Le Lion"" S.A." Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Etablissements Delhaize Freres et Cie "Le Lion"" S.A." Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Etablissements Delhaize Freres et Cie "Le Lion"" S.A." 1-year Stock Charts
Etablissements Delhaize Freres et Cie "Le Lion"" S.A." 5-year Stock Charts
Etablissements Delhaize Freres et Cie "Le Lion"" S.A." vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Etablissements Delhaize Freres et Cie "Le Lion"" S.A." vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Etablissements Delhaize Freres et Cie "Le Lion"" S.A." Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?